Metroplex
Sponsored by

1310 The Ticket - Hardline Question

2,247,136 Views | 19982 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by ScoopsCalla
PatAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
'03ag said:

Since he fielded one of the best offenses of all time in 2013 I think stuck in the 90s is a stretch.

2013?
Bob Loblaws Law Blog
AG
'03ag said:

Since he fielded one of the best offenses of all time in 2013 I think stuck in the 90s is a stretch.

So when he has a 1/1 playing QB, pro bowl RB and WR he had a good offense… no way! The point is (and Bob had the numbers to back it up), we haven't been a down field threat since he's been here and that's very frustrating, at least to me. I'm not asking to go air raid like Mike Leach, but we need to at least make the defense think we might throw the ball more than 8 yards down field.
powerbelly
AG
And his history has shown he will throw deep when he has the players. Mond and Calzada weren't those guys.
AgGrad99
AG
Well, we went 9-1 with an all SEC schedule, the season before last. That was with with a game manager at QB in Mond. So if it's outdated. Ok. Fine by me. It is/was working.

You can't look at anything from last year. It was a complete anomaly with Calzada.

Corby dismissed out win against Bama by saying 'yeah, but then you get blown out by Miss State!!!' We lost by four. And we had a chance to win, but Zach threw a pick.

The blow hard doesn't know much.

Thing is...it doesn't matter. We just need to take that next step to change peoples opinions. We're on the Clemson plan...it will take some time to revamp an entire program...but we need to make 10 win seasons the norm more often than not.
walton91
FincAg
AG
So?
DannyDuberstein
AG
Given who we had at RB and who we had at QB, i have no issues with those
'03ag
powerbelly said:

And his history has shown he will throw deep when he has the players. Mond and Calzada weren't those guys.
This. The offensive will be as explosive as the players in it. If people want to criticize Jimbo for whiffing on QB recruiting early on, or maybe failing to get Mond to play more aggressively . . . totally fair. The idea that Jimbo doesn't evolve his scheme is total nonsense.
Hincemm
AG
1st down pass % is that big a deal with our recent cast of characters? Just win baby.
powerbelly
AG
Hincemm said:

1st down pass % is that big a deal with our recent cast of characters? Just win baby.

I would be curious to see how we ranked on average yards gained on first down vs the league
Legal Custodian
AG
Guys….I'm pretty sure Bob just replied to my thread on premium. Bob Sturm just posted on TexAgs
C1NRB
AG
Can you copy quote it here for us lolpoors?
The Pilot
AG
He's trying to get him to post over here.

Hola señor Bob.
FTAco07
AG
Sports Sturm is my leader!
Decay
AG
He's good for top three I guess
sturm1310
The Pilot said:

Hola señor Bob.
Hello, friends.
AgGrad99
ftworthag02
AG
It's howdy Bob.
Can I stick my tongue down your throat?
Legal Custodian
AG
sturm1310 said:

The Pilot said:

Hola señor Bob.
Hello, friends.

Bob, we appreciate the work you do. But take my advice, you don't need another addiction. Get off TexAgs while you still can. It's a slippery slope.

First thing you're checking TexAgs to see if anyone talked about your segment, and next thing you know you're refreshing the page at 3am hoping Liucci posts a new update on some random 17 year old 4star linebacker who visited A&M on a Wednesday. Don't make the same mistake I did.
Trajan88
AG
Howdy Mr. Sturm!
AgGrad99
AG
Bob-

There are a few people on here who will argue with you, even when they agree with you. (Ie InfectionAg).

Also, anyone from Houston already thinks you're Bin Laden, because you're from Dallas. Don't let their terrible sports knowledge/opinions piss you off.

Fight through it. Many of us like to hear your opinion
Legal Custodian
AG
He's gone. Some poster had a bs comment. Probably for the best. It was like worlds colliding with the two sports constants in my adult life being TexAgs and The Ticket.

It was fine while it lasted. I bet he comes back and lurks though. He got that taste of commenting back and forth that might wet his whistle.
DannyDuberstein
AG
21 years. 18 posts and most of those tonight. The Lurkenator.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Btw, we ran the ball on 1st 61% if the time while the SEC average is 54%. So basically, out of every 15-20 1st downs, we ran the ball once more than the SEC average. And that's with talent like Spiller and Achane in the backfield. There are things to criticize Jimbo for, but that stat in 2021 with Calzada at QB is one I'd probably cross off the list
Goldie Wilson
sturm1310 said:

The Pilot said:

Hola señor Bob.
Hello, friends.
Some people on this thread think Corby is an unprepared pompous ass who knows very little about sports or life and overall kinda sucks. Your thoughts?
J.P. 03
AG
Did a double-take when I clicked on the Metroplex board this morning and saw how many unread posts I had on this thread. I thought maybe another host was leaving or someone died; turns out, our Sports Leader showed up and it only took an hour or so to run him off.

Which feels really hard to do, especially since Bob wades into the cesspool known as Twitter on a daily basis and keeps coming back there for more. This is why we can't have nice things.
hoosier-daddy
Legal Custodian said:

He's gone. Some poster had a bs comment. Probably for the best. It was like worlds colliding with the two sports constants in my adult life being TexAgs and The Ticket.

It was fine while it lasted. I bet he comes back and lurks though. He got that taste of commenting back and forth that might wet his whistle.

What exactly happened?
'03ag
An extremely mild comment and Bob said goodbye
Stive
AG
On this thread or on the Premium?

It's also possible he just went to bed, no?
DannyDuberstein
AG
This is what did it

sturm1310 said:

shady said:

Gotta love a radio personality that doesn't know jack about coaching football telling a NC head coach how he should call plays.
Have a good night, everyone! I'll post again in a few years.
Spaceship
AG
Pretty sure Bob already knows a college fan message board will be full of dissenting opinions and tough guys. I doubt he was offended.
hoosier-daddy
Hope he didn't see the politics board.
Cappo
AG
sturm1310 said:

The Pilot said:

Hola señor Bob.
Hello, friends.
You are the man regardless
J.P. 03
AG

Well now I REALLY hope Bob comes back to this thread.
Decay
AG
Scathing political commentary there

Facebook memes aside, that's kinda weak sauce to bail from a comment like that. It wasn't even really a personal attack.

It's just common sense that unless it was glowing praise, Texags is gonna take shots at you. And even if it was, the potbangers will claim they're pumping sunshine. Kinda lends some legitimacy to the criticism that the hosts all live in an idealogical bubble and dont have to ever defend their arguments from anything other than very superficial devil's advocate kind of banter.
First Page Last Page
Page 402 of 571

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.