Metroplex
Sponsored by

1310 The Ticket - Hardline Question

2,247,113 Views | 19982 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by ScoopsCalla
'03ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The other day Bob said some insane things about player salaries vs team revenue.

None of those guys even know what money is. They've been the product their whole lives. It's like asking a Ford Mustang how the plant foreman gets paid. It looks great rolling down the street but it has no idea how it got their.
Bob Loblaws Law Blog
AG
'03ag said:

The other day Bob said some insane things about player salaries vs team revenue.

None of those guys even know what money is. They've been the product their whole lives. It's like asking a Ford Mustang how the plant foreman gets paid. It looks great rolling down the street but it has no idea how it got their.

I don't know… Bob isn't just some guy in the next cubicle…
AgGrad99
AG
dave94 said:

AgGrad99 said:

Dan was explaining TV contract values, and then came to the conclusion that we should all stop believing schools can't afford to pay players, and thinks it's dumb anyone would ever think that.

But he's not comparing apples/apples.

First of all, he used the Big10 new TV deal as his basis. No other conference currently has anything close to that contract, so it's a bit of an outlier. Soon the SEC will, but it ends there. That amount of revenue is not relevant to any of the other programs across the country, and is not equally shared across the sport (like it is in the NFL, NHL, NBA, etc).

Secondly, the NFL isnt having to subsidize an entire athletic department with their revenue. That is the biggest part he's missing. If the NFL had to pay for several other teams, and a couple hundred additional athletes on the payroll, they couldnt afford it either.
Pretty sure Dan said the NFL teams pay the players using only the TV revenue. He followed it up that the gate and concessions all go to the team coffers.

I heard that too.

Doesn't change my point though. They aren't subsidizing a bunch of other teams. NCAA football programs are required to do that.
thirty-two
AG
Hincemm said:

anyone notice how junior brought it back to him at the end of the announcement?

'we all have these early mornings, and it really takes a toll on your mind and body.'

yeah, craig...big exception here is that jer makes a 1/3 to a 1/4 of what you're making, you dill.

Try 1/10
The Collective
AG
There is 0 chance that Junior's wife wants him home more than he already is.
bthotugigem05
AG
Big strong Jer shorting a 3-inch putt is about the greatest gift one could give to humanity. May that memory live forever.

Stive
AG
Man that Gordo's corner image of Gordon piloting, smoking a cigarette with wild hair while the 2 seater Cessna crashes with Jub in the passenger seat was hysterical.
LSB_2002
AG
Just Tired said:

i will miss big strong jer. think the sirios comments maybe got him to stick his head out of the hole.

The $37k after 25 years was a bit shocking. If he started at 22.5k then 37k is only a 2% raise every year for 25 yrs.
Why would anyone in their right mind stick around 25 years for a job paying pennies????? WTF man.....
Hincemm
AG
Three reasons in my mind:

- the cult of the ticket appeals to them
- the lower level guys probably don't have the most ambition or skill set
- they don't know what they don't know. In other words, jer may not have known he can go out and get a 37k job thats 9-5.
LeagueCityAg
AG
The Caribbean Vacation couple commercial needs to go
Jack Klompus
AG
jdot said:

YES…YE-ESSS
Hincemm
AG
jdot said:

let's just say that i'm not going to take financial advice from someone named "jeff junior" who guarantees me a certain percentage in growth...
AgGrad99
AG
I like the Tequila commercial with Jub. When he pronounces the spanish words, it makes me chuckle every time.
chupacabra tacos
AG
Musers off today and tomorrow. What a power down.
Sean and Eli
DallasAggie89
AG
chupacabra tacos said:

Sean and Eli

If DJ is the future of the Ticket we are screwed. He's terrible.
powerbelly
AG
When the Musers retire I will probably stop listening to the ticket. They have zero bench worth a damn
Nagler
AG
powerbelly said:

When the Musers retire I will probably stop listening to the ticket. They have zero bench worth a damn

Same for me.

I moved to Houston 11 years ago and still listen to the Ticket on the app.

I originally listened all day except Norm. Then I quite listening to the Hardline. Then when they broke up Bad Radio I quit listening to that.

The Musers is all I've got and now most days I just try to catch Gordo's segments.

Once they're gone, I'm gone.
Hincemm
AG
DallasAggie89 said:

chupacabra tacos said:

Sean and Eli

If DJ is the future of the Ticket we are screwed. He's terrible.

I actually find DJ to beat me down the least of the three. But that's just a backhanded compliment
752bro4
AG
Today proves how much they miss and need Sirois
Bob Loblaws Law Blog
AG
Musers with two random days off during Jer's last week.
Legal Custodian
AG
Bob Loblaws Law Blog said:

Probably wanted to take the chance for their last days off before dry dock in December. 3.5 months of 6 hour work days without a day off is a long time for little old radio broadcasters.

Although random question, I'm curious if there's a quota that management has to meet in regards to a certain number of days that people like Eli, Sean, DJ, etc. have as fill in hosts. Does Sean have in his contract that he's guaranteed 15 days or more of fill in host at a higher pay rate?
powerbelly
AG
I think the bigger issue is they don't want the hosts keeping a huge chunk of PTO they have to burn at the end of the year and lose them for big stretches.
Jack Ruby
powerbelly said:

You can thank whatever jackass that allowed Sirois to leave instead of Norm.

Cat probably.
Ervin Burrell
AG
chupacabra tacos said:

Sean and Eli
"Kill me, kill me, kill me, kill me, just kill me."

Just Tired
Bob Loblaws Law Blog said:

wondered why last week's e-brake was jub and jer's last together.
hoosier-daddy
https://www.visitdallas.com/things-to-do/events/view/11546/NAGAAA-Gay-Softball-World-Series.html
Hincemm
AG
Jack Ruby said:

powerbelly said:

You can thank whatever jackass that allowed Sirois to leave instead of Norm.

Cat probably.
unfortunately, they collectively believe norm can do 'whatever the hell' he wants. it makes me feel bad for their future tbh.
The Pilot
AG
Fernando with the shot at Norm during the e-brake was great.
Law Hall 69-72
AG
That was funny coming from Fernando since he will never leave either.
The Pilot
AG
Law Hall 69-72 said:

That was funny coming from Fernando since he will never leave either.
There are also not a ton of people gunning for his spot though.
Legal Custodian
AG
A&M was the team they previewed today. Couple of shots by Corby. But damn! Bob absolutely laid into Jimbo's offensive philosophy and how he is antiquated.

He mentioned some stats:

Bottom 3 teams in the SEC in the following categories the past 2 years:

Pass % on first down
Completions over 20 yards
Going for it on 4th down

It was hard to disagree
powerbelly
AG
And one of those years we won the orange bowl.
walton91
Yup. I really couldn't disagree either. Will be interesting if Jimbo changes as the talent level continues to increase. The strength of the defense should absolutely be feeding into an increase in going for it on 4th down. Even with an experienced QB in Mond and then certainly with Calzada the low passing accuracy would not give me a lot of confidence to pass a lot on 1st down. Was Jimbo matching his play calling to the talent or is this who he will always be?
Bob Loblaws Law Blog
AG
Anybody who has seen A&M play recently can see Jimbo's offense is stuck in the 1990's. For all the good things he's done at A&M, it's incredibly frustrating to watch.
'03ag
Since he fielded one of the best offenses of all time in 2013 I think stuck in the 90s is a stretch.

First Page Last Page
Page 401 of 571

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.