Metroplex
Sponsored by

1310 The Ticket - Hardline Question

2,247,253 Views | 19982 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by ScoopsCalla
J.P. 03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Probably announcing that Gordo is leaving because he's about to spend his life savings bidding on that Lee Harvey Oswald military photo they were discussing during the O-Deck and Cat wouldn't give him a raise to help him feed his family.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Jeremy is leaving after 25 years
bert harbinson
AG
Damn Board-op genius.
sixiron
AG
Dang. Jer is great.
Malachi Constant
AG
Jer has been there since I've been listening.
True Anomaly
AG
Sirois finally got through to Jer. Good for him. Hopefully he has something else lucrative lined up
DannyDuberstein
AG
Sounds like his wife is doing well enough that they decided to live without his $37k per year
hoosier-daddy
Junior is next imo. He's going to want/told to be with that kiddo. Wonder if all 3 go to their happy place together.
WC87
AG
I'm ready.
Bob Loblaws Law Blog
AG
Dang. Jer is great. His drop playlets are funny. But most importantly, he lets the game come to him and doesn't try to do too much.

And is responsible for one of the funniest moments in Ticket history at the April Fools Open.
Nagler
AG
Stay Hard Jer!
ftworthag02
AG
true!
I'm ready, I'm ready
WC87
AG
As soon as I heard major show announcement I knew it was Jer leaving. Just had a feeling since this week was his 25th year at Ticket AM anniversary of being at the employed at the station he works at currently today as of this announcement this morning.
Chewy
AG
Not surprised it's Jer leaving. Once the others left he saw the light get brighter and brighter for leaving.

There's no doubt The Musers will be the first to step away. They've been around the longest and the early mornings have to get old when you realize you can sleep in.

I'm assuming all 3 of those have socked enough money away and they're not necessarily doing it for the money. It's certainly a factor in continuing to do it but I think they can walk and be financially okay.

I agree they'll likely walk together.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Gordo is somewhat of a wild card since there is a bit of an age gap. George and Craig are 57-58ish while Gordo is 50-51. I could see him sticking around longer. Possible he would leave the Ticket to pursue other projects, but as great as he is, his little side projects over the years never seemed to lead to more. But maybe this would be the chance to throw himself into something fully
FincAg
AG
Craig "wow you're playing a Burst"

"You don't know what a Burst is" - everyone laughs
Put some whiskey in your water, sugar in your tea.
Chewy
AG
Agree Gordo is a wild card but I think he'll likely walk with the others.

I think he's the one that actually has enough outside interests to keep him busy regardless of money. He can finally fix up that apartment property he's been living in.
TMACsDaMan
Of course they would need a Space People moment during Jet's last week
ac04
i'm ready. i'm ready.
Hincemm
AG
anyone notice how junior brought it back to him at the end of the announcement?

'we all have these early mornings, and it really takes a toll on your mind and body.'

yeah, craig...big exception here is that jer makes a 1/3 to a 1/4 of what you're making, you dill.
double aught
AG
FincAg said:

Craig "wow you're playing a Burst"

"You don't know what a Burst is" - everyone laughs
There have been a couple quick lines this morning where I've laughed out loud.

Gordo goes "And Mickey Mantle played baseball, right?" as they're learning about a Mantle rookie card.

And earlier he had a story about a tv reporter saving a lady in high water and he casually tags on at the end "and the reporter was swept away. They're still looking for him"
The Collective
AG
I was hoping it was Fernando.
mavsfan4ever
AG
Yesterday on the Hang Zone, they were talking about the real sex dolls that you can have customized.

Jake or Ty: you can have those things customized.

Dan: so....like...you could get a Kim Kardashian doll?

Jake: absolutely

Dan: or, what about...like...a doll of my wife's cousin?
WC87
AG
Anyone else hear L4G's ender line yesterday on WTDS?

Hard Line on remote and Donovan was also out there. Donnie was having trouble enunciating something and Corby said something like 'You need to work on your diction" L4G chimed in with 'Is it true black guys have bigger diction?'

Pretty much ended WTDS.
Just Tired
i will miss big strong jer. think the sirios comments maybe got him to stick his head out of the hole.

The $37k after 25 years was a bit shocking. If he started at 22.5k then 37k is only a 2% raise every year for 25 yrs.
The Collective
AG
Just Tired said:

i will miss big strong jer. think the sirios comments maybe got him to stick his head out of the hole.

The $37k after 25 years was a bit shocking. If he started at 22.5k then 37k is only a 2% raise every year for 25 yrs.

Imagine signing a payroll status change form at 2%... 25 times.
Rudyjax
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

Gordo is somewhat of a wild card since there is a bit of an age gap. George and Craig are 57-58ish while Gordo is 50-51. I could see him sticking around longer. Possible he would leave the Ticket to pursue other projects, but as great as he is, his little side projects over the years never seemed to lead to more. But maybe this would be the chance to throw himself into something fully

Dax would give him a podcast on his network in a heartbeat. Surprised he hasn't gone that route yet.
AgGrad99
AG
Dan was explaining TV contract values, and then came to the conclusion that we should all stop believing schools can't afford to pay players, and thinks it's dumb anyone would ever think that.

But he's not comparing apples/apples.

First of all, he used the Big10 new TV deal as his basis. No other conference currently has anything close to that contract, so it's a bit of an outlier. Soon the SEC will, but it ends there. That amount of revenue is not relevant to any of the other programs across the country, and is not equally shared across the sport (like it is in the NFL, NHL, NBA, etc).

Secondly, the NFL isnt having to subsidize an entire athletic department with their revenue. That is the biggest part he's missing. If the NFL had to pay for several other teams, and a couple hundred additional athletes on the payroll, they couldnt afford it either.
Spaceship
AG
And earlier he had a story about a tv reporter saving a lady in high water and he casually tags on at the end "and the reporter was swept away. They're still looking for him"

That made me crack up laughing.
MW03
AG
hoosier-daddy said:

Junior is next imo. He's going to want/told to be with that kiddo. Wonder if all 3 go to their happy place together.
I could have sworn I heard him say something about quitting recently, and specifically because of his kid. It was kind of a throwaway comment in the middle of the segment, but they all glossed right over it. Seemed suspicious.
Legal Custodian
AG
MW03 said:

hoosier-daddy said:

I could have sworn I heard him say something about quitting recently, and specifically because of his kid. It was kind of a throwaway comment in the middle of the segment, but they all glossed right over it. Seemed suspicious.
I don't quite get that reasoning. I mean hell, half of his work day is spent when his kid is sleeping. He's home in time for lunch damn near every day.
Spaceship
AG
Who would have guessed Jer's blind wife is an accomplished PhD psychologist? Good for her.
AgGrad99
AG
Spaceship said:

Who would have guessed Jet's blind wife is an accomplished PhD psychologist? Good for her.
I was wondering what type of doctor she was. Good on her.
AgGrad99
AG
MW03 said:

hoosier-daddy said:

I heard that too.

He mentioned something about retiring and when he said it, he made it sound like it wouldnt be long or something along those lines.
dave94
AG
AgGrad99 said:

Dan was explaining TV contract values, and then came to the conclusion that we should all stop believing schools can't afford to pay players, and thinks it's dumb anyone would ever think that.

But he's not comparing apples/apples.

First of all, he used the Big10 new TV deal as his basis. No other conference currently has anything close to that contract, so it's a bit of an outlier. Soon the SEC will, but it ends there. That amount of revenue is not relevant to any of the other programs across the country, and is not equally shared across the sport (like it is in the NFL, NHL, NBA, etc).

Secondly, the NFL isnt having to subsidize an entire athletic department with their revenue. That is the biggest part he's missing. If the NFL had to pay for several other teams, and a couple hundred additional athletes on the payroll, they couldnt afford it either.
Pretty sure Dan said the NFL teams pay the players using only the TV revenue. He followed it up that the gate and concessions all go to the team coffers.
First Page Last Page
Page 400 of 571

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.