Metroplex
Sponsored by

1310 The Ticket - Hardline Question

2,248,079 Views | 19986 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by J.P. 03
Jack Ruby
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I miss rhyer and greggo. I wish the old hardline was back.
DannyDuberstein
AG
No question they are significantly different than the 90s and 00s even though many of the segments are technically the same. Some of it is FCC crackdown. Some of it is #metoo and woke cancel culture. Some of it is old dudes trying to protect what they've amassed. Some of it is just old dudes that lose energy and edginess over time.
Ervin Burrell
AG
Some Junkie Cosmonaut said:

Ervin Burrell said:

Danny Vermin said:

They are too far left to make most segments entertaining.
Yeah, that's definitely the reason. Thanks for shoehorning in a worthless, idiotic political statement.

Ehhh...he may have a point, and seems to have hit a nerve with you for some strange reason. The ticket is super PC now and they don't even do some of their best bits anymore (gay/not gay). The most eye rolling part of the last two years was listening to Danny and Corby use the "east Texas" voice to make fun of anything not woke when they used to lead the charge on all things non-PC. It's hard to be funny when you're on the left because anything humorous has a "victim" to the joke. I roll my eyes at Gil a lot but he's not terribly wrong here.
I get that, but I think a lot of the drive towards less non-PC content has probably been mandated by management (or they're doing it on their own to cover their ass in this current political landscape). I mean, these guys were all decidedly left-leaning during the height of the Ticket right?

And most of my reply stems from the fact that Danny, like Gil, cannot type a post that doesn't involve politics in some way.
Ervin Burrell
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

No question the programming is significantly different than the 90s and 00s. Some of it is FCC crackdown. Some of it is #metoo and woke cancel culture. Some of it is old dudes trying to protect what they've amassed. Some of it is just old dudes that lose energy and edginess over time
This more eloquently states what I was trying to get at in my previous post.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Sometimes I wonder if this 2022 product is what they were bringing in the 90s and 00s, what would the overall popularity and ratings of the station be? Basically, if they never had the level of edge that hooked many of us, would they be anywhere near as popular right now? Would they have even survived? I still they would have and their popularity would still be pretty strong, but not near what it was or what it is now
Ervin Burrell
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

Sometimes I wonder if this 2022 product is what they were bringing in the 90s and 00s, what would the overall popularity and ratings of the station be? Basically, if they never had the level of edge that hooked many of us, would they be anywhere near as popular right now? Would they have even survived? I still they would have and their popularity would still be pretty strong, but not near what it was or what it is now
Agreed, if for no other reason than they were the first in this market to go to this format.
Legal Custodian
AG
Ervin Burrell said:

DannyDuberstein said:

Agreed, if for no other reason than they were the first in this market to go to this format.
And the fact that they've kept one of their biggest competitive advantages in the fact that it still feels like some buddies talking and not overly produced generic sports talk.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Yeah, they still largely have that chemistry working for them and it has definitely been a huge factor. That and the fact this format, while it's lost a ton of edge, still is not Sean Bass type of sports radio
DannyDuberstein
AG
That said, Sean Bass recently getting a producer role exemplifies the slide toward dull. Tread carefully
Goldie Wilson
Some Junkie Cosmonaut said:

Ervin Burrell said:

Danny Vermin said:

They are too far left to make most segments entertaining.
Yeah, that's definitely the reason. Thanks for shoehorning in a worthless, idiotic political statement.

Ehhh...he may have a point, and seems to have hit a nerve with you for some strange reason. The ticket is super PC now and they don't even do some of their best bits anymore (gay/not gay). The most eye rolling part of the last two years was listening to Danny and Corby use the "east Texas" voice to make fun of anything not woke when they used to lead the charge on all things non-PC. It's hard to be funny when you're on the left because anything humorous has a "victim" to the joke. I roll my eyes at Gil a lot but he's not terribly wrong here.
Aside from the catchy song, was gay/not gay ever really one of the best bits?
DannyDuberstein
AG
The fake promos that Corby and Danny did were some of the Hardline's best segments
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
Legal Custodian said:

Ervin Burrell said:

DannyDuberstein said:

And the fact that they've kept one of their biggest competitive advantages in the fact that it still feels like some buddies talking and not overly produced generic sports talk.

...until they try and talk sports.
Ag CPA
AG
Forgot that this is the worst day of the year, will prepare accordingly.
ftworthag02
AG
I forgot to jar. I do have a slice of mamas pizza
bthotugigem05
AG
First time I've ever heard that bit from Craig, good chuckle.
Hincemm
AG
Norm sick?

Talk about missing sirois
ftworthag02
AG
yes again
Law Hall 69-72
AG
I would listen to 10 to noon if it was hosted by Guy Sports and Ed Carter with Ribby doing tickers.
Bob Loblaws Law Blog
AG
Hincemm said:

Norm sick?

Talk about missing sirois

He sounded really sick when he got back from Africa (two weeks ago), but I'm sure if had taken that week off sick they wouldn't have let him go to training camp. So he "fought" through it and is now taking those sick days.
WC87
AG
Marebear waiting outside Norm's bedroom hoping to hear that blessed eternal silence.
bert harbinson
AG
She's out shopping for pillows.
FincAg
AG
Hincemm
AG
TELL US!
FincAg
AG
It's similar to what happened this morning Craig and Corby really just have no idea what actual college football alumni think and feel about in NIL.
AgGrad99
AG
Neither have any idea what they're talking about regarding NIL.

Corby was acting like a compliance director is some new-fangled thing SMU came up with because of their past. How does he not know about compliance director?...and that every school has had one for decades.

And no one had to 'figure out how to get around the NIL rules'. That's they whole point, and what the coaches are complaining about. There aren't rules. They'd like rules.

Why act like we didnt see this coming (SMU making payments). I think most fans, coaches, players, etc....pretty much everyone saw this coming.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
Usually when someone proves to be an idiot I stop listening to them.

AgLaw
AG
In Corby's defense, OU doesn't waste money on a compliance director they would just ignore.
BoDog
AG
Are their ratings still solid? I haven't listened in years.
The Pilot
AG
Who is better in dfw? I'm guessing ratings are still fine. I've been gone from Dallas for 4 years and still predominantly listen to the ticket, nothing better in Denver.
BoDog
AG
The Pilot said:

Who is better in dfw? I'm guessing ratings are still fine. I've been gone from Dallas for 4 years and still predominantly listen to the ticket, nothing better in Denver.

I left when I discovered XM and havent looked back. I am sure it also had something to do with them going full blown tard woke!
True Anomaly
AG
Ratings have been consistently high, per Peter Welpton who posts the numbers occasionally on the Ticket subreddit
Rudyjax
AG
I really stopped listening 11 years ago when I stopped commuting.

I have it on every once in a while, but i've found podcasts, audio books, etc.

qunique_2004
AG
I read an article published a few days ago in the Dallas Observer so take it for what its worth, but they mentioned the ratings taking a big hit.
AgLaw
AG
I listen while getting ready for work (6:30-7:30), with bouncing between The Ticket and CNBC on my commute to work. Mostly CNBC of late. If I'm in the car for Hang Zone, I listen, but that's pretty rare. I have stopped listening to the HL because of Corby. I just can't take any more of him, unless it's something like a round table or campound.
The Pilot
AG
This thread is pretty active for a bunch of people that don't listen.
First Page Last Page
Page 396 of 572

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.