Metroplex
Sponsored by

1310 The Ticket - Hardline Question

2,249,518 Views | 19987 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by chupacabra tacos
Law Hall 69-72
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
And Mike.
Chewy
AG
I'd definitely say Max Wright. Just for the stache alone.
InternetFan02
AG
Heavy emphasis by Corby that they have been trying for a long time to find a 3rd host and finally decided on GXD. Would love to hear how the negotiations went down
The Pilot
AG
They couldn't give Sirios an expanded role.
AW 1880
AG
THIS TEAM SUCKS!
The Shank Ag
There were definitely better options on the market... needed youth and went with aged mediocrity.
AW 1880
AG
More or less, Corby has been screwing up the ticket since 2007.
The Shank Ag
Almost would have rather had a non ticket grown addition. There's a dude that used to be on the fan, Jeff Cavamaugh that could have been a good fit. Funny, knows sports, local, wouldn't be a corby lap dog
Ervin Burrell
AG
Not listening…are they referring to Davey as a new "host?" Because there is zero chance he's even sniffing host money IMO.

In other words, I don't view this as an "f you" to either Danny or Corby, I view it as Davey is willing to be the third wheel for peanuts and the others aren't.
Bob Loblaws Law Blog
AG
Sounds like he's in corby's role before the Hammer left. Yuck money but they didn't really use that term.

But corby did use the words "third host".
AgGrad99
AG

I just don't understand why you wait until Sirios is gone to add a new host????

Why on earth not add him to the HL?

Adding Davey is adding salary. Give that to Sirios. He was one of the best personalities you had.

Dont know what happened behind the scenes, but he has to be ticked.
Ervin Burrell
AG
AgGrad99 said:

Why on earth not add him to the HL

I suspect they approached him with the idea (can't believe they are THAT inept…and Mike even hinted this was the case on Gordo's twitch) but wouldn't budge on increasing his salary a significant amount. Davey is just willing to do it for $40-45k or whatever, and Danny/Mike aren't. Pure speculation on my part, of course.
Jack Ruby
Isn't GXD's wife wealthy anyway?
InternetFan02
AG
Wondering if GXD will be making less now than when he briefly succeeded Followill on afternoon Tickers 20+ years ago
Bob Loblaws Law Blog
AG
Jack Ruby said:

Isn't GXD's wife wealthy anyway?

I think he married Kenny Stabler's daughter, so I would imagine there's some money that comes with that.
MW03
AG
GXD is awesome and an upgrade over Danny.
Danny Vermin
Welp, it was exactly right.
Ervin Burrell
AG
Danny Vermin said:

Welp, it was exactly right.

Yup. Makes me wonder who posted that.
Danny Vermin
It was someone with a fake name on the page.
Legal Custodian
AG
Ervin Burrell said:

AgGrad99 said:

I suspect they approached him with the idea (can't believe they are THAT inept…and Mike even hinted this was the case on Gordo's twitch) but wouldn't budge on increasing his salary a significant amount. Davey is just willing to do it for $40-45k or whatever, and Danny/Mike aren't. Pure speculation on my part, of course.

According to LinkedIn, Gen X has been working as a UX consultant for ETrade. The average salary in Dallas for that position is $87k. I gotta think he's more in the $70k range as the 3rd host. Maybe a little more.
FTAco07
AG
If they're going back to a 3 person hardline in hindsight they absolutely should have made that Bob, Dan, and Jake with Norm on his own from 10-11 before Sea Cow, Donnie, and tbd on air producer took 11-3.

The ticket would have been perfect in every time a lot other than Norm's throw away hour.
Just Tired
agree that if sirois would have taken that role at whatever genx is getting this is a big mistake. also if you are pinching pennies why not have the 3rd man also fill the producer role. sirios already proved he could have.
Jeff99
Agreed. Love GXD. He knows who he is and won't pretend to know more than he does like Danny did.
sixiron
AG
I remember when Davey left the station shortly after I started listening back in '04. Corby's farewell song to him back then is one of the earliest memories I have.

I'm just glad Sean isn't taking the HL's producer spot....and I'm interested to hear what Ham has up his sleeve.
mavsfan4ever
AG
This sucks this sucks this sucks.

So davey isn't even the producer? So they are now paying davey and a producer when they could've combined those salaries and had Sirois be the host and producer?

Wtf is going on here? The first entertaining segment I hear davey heavily contribute on will be the first. And if "dear Elouise" or whatever the F it's called becomes a regular segment I may punch my phone/radio.
dvldog
AG
So Bob basically just confirmed that all of these moves were a reaction to Danny/Mike leaving, not something (3rd host) that was planned and not offered to either of them.
Just Tired
on the surface doesn't make any sense. wonder if cat was concerned sirios was a potential greggo risk down the road.

also wonder if the moves changed management's position but the twitch with gordo burned mike's bridge back.
bert harbinson
AG
InternetFan02 said:

Wondering if GXD will be making less now than when he briefly succeeded Followill on afternoon Tickers 20+ years ago

He was terrrrrrrible.
mavsfan4ever
AG
dvldog said:

So Bob basically just confirmed that all of these moves were a reaction to Danny/Mike leaving, not something (3rd host) that was planned and not offered to either of them.

****ing clown show
GarlandAg2012
AG
Legal Custodian said:

Ervin Burrell said:

AgGrad99 said:

According to LinkedIn, Gen X has been working as a UX consultant for ETrade. The average salary in Dallas for that position is $87k. I gotta think he's more in the $70k range as the 3rd host. Maybe a little more.

But for 25 hours a week vs full time.
Spaceship
AG
So when does this all go into effect?
dvldog
AG
Spaceship said:

So when does this all go into effect?

Next week for all but Davey. Said summer bash might be the first day for him.
Bob Loblaws Law Blog
AG
Just Tired said:

on the surface doesn't make any sense. wonder if cat was concerned sirios was a potential greggo risk down the road.

What does this mean? That Mike would develop a cocaine habit and start calling into remotes from his Onstar or telling Cat he had a shoe in his mouth?
DannyDuberstein
AG
I don't know what doesn't make sense. They got complacent, lost 2 long-time players they took for granted, and went into react mode. This happens all the time in business
CampingAg
AG
Sean Bass replacing Sirois is the biggest drop off of all time. Goodness.
First Page Last Page
Page 384 of 572

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.