Metroplex
Sponsored by

1310 The Ticket - Hardline Question

2,248,367 Views | 19986 Replies | Last: 10 hrs ago by J.P. 03
AgGrad99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Quote:

I appreciated Corby making it a point to say that A&M was just doing it better than everyone else, but completely within the rules
But even with him saying this...he has zero proof of what he's talking about.

There is this 'collective' out there, that Saban mentioned, but is there a single detail corby could tell us about it? Who runs it? Where is it held? How much is in it? How does that compare to other schools, etc etc etc.

He knows nothing. He just doesnt like that we've leap frogged his school.

Legal Custodian
AG
I'm pretty sure Corby's already admitted that he's friends with whoever runs an OU message board site. Whether that's Rivals, 247, or whatever else. He mentioned it whenever that SlicedBread story originally made the rounds.

That's where he gets his information from and why he's so convinced A&M is doing it "better and bigger" than anyone else and doesn't have any information to back it up. When he talks college football, he's just regurgitating what's on the OU message boards.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
I hereby propose we change Corby's name from college football blowhard to cognitive dissonance blowhard.
AgGrad99
AG

I hope Part Time Julie isnt going anywhere
Legal Custodian
AG
AgGrad99 said:

I hope Part Time Julie isnt going anywhere
Sounds like Mr. Julie Dobbs still has his job with the Stars. I'm sure waiting approval from a new coach.
Bob Loblaws Law Blog
AG
The Danny tribute where it's essentially an all Danny rotten radio was pretty great.
Legal Custodian
AG
Was Rhyner on at all today?
ftworthag02
AG
I assume they will put it on the ticket podcast
Ervin Burrell
AG
Legal Custodian said:

Not that I heard.
Legal Custodian
AG
Ervin Burrell said:

Legal Custodian said:

Not that I heard.

I find that odd, anyone else? Unless there's some bad blood there I'm not aware of
Trucker 96
That montage was great and definitely highlighted what he could bring. That said, you could also see how cleaning up the programming from FCC and #metoo pressure has also likely played a role in him sucking more. He was great with the edgy songs and bits, but the best of those have been somewhat gutted. No Felicity promos or tailpipe songs in 2022
clobby
AG
I hope they move Sirois into the Hardline producer role and fill the Norm producer opening with one of the random tier 3 guys. Sirois to the Hardline makes since if the plan is to move him to a full time host in the future.
bthotugigem05
AG
I think Sirois is holding out for Norm to retire, he and Donny already have such good chemistry, not to mention going to the Hardline puts him behind Corby and Bob for a host slot, it's been made clear that Cumulus isn't paying 3 hosts for the Hardline.
AgGrad99
AG
He could still slide to the Hardline for now, and then take over for Norm when the time comes.
Mike92
AG

I'm not sure what this means.
Trucker 96
Is YDC the latest version of a Mike podcast where he spares everyone to death? That "I dont ask them, they ask me" seems pretty smarmy
Trucker 96
Refresh my memory, but when he retired, didn't he only tell Catman and kept it from Danny and Corby for weeks over christmas drydock, and they didn't know until the day they were coming back to do the first January show? I think I'm remembering correctly, which seemed very strange and not only distant, but to the point of being almost unprofessional
AG
Mike92 said:

I'm not sure what this means.
It's Mike talk for not poaching talent for his webcast, and more Mike talk unsure if there any terms that would prevent Dingu from being a guest. They didn't walk Dingu out the door, so maybe there is a non compete agreement? His twitter went dark.
Decay
AG
Yeah that's Mike showing either a professional or contractual courtesy and not just going through the ticket roster for content. Not a shot at anyone.
ftworthag02
AG
Ervin Burrell
AG
Legal Custodian said:

Ervin Burrell said:

Legal Custodian said:

Not that I heard.

I find that odd, anyone else? Unless there's some bad blood there I'm not aware of

For what it's worth, Rhynes had some pretty flattering things to say about Danny in a DMN article I read. Don't think there's any bad blood there.
clobby
AG
Twitch is live now. https://www.twitch.tv/actualgordonkeith
Mr. White
Docking talk
"F Cumulus"
Oh Four Five
AG
Anybody have a recap or recording of last night? I wasn't able to listen.
walton91
I enjoyed it, but don't think there were any real revelations. Most everything they touched on, Danny has talked about before. Right off the bat Gordo asked if he wanted to go into more specifics about leaving, and Danny said something like "I was pretty specific on the air". He did go on to say since most of the on air talent are about the same age, 50 years old plus/minus a few years, the only opportunity for him to do anything different would be 6-8 years away and he just didn't want to do the same thing for another 6-8 years waiting for an opening. Said he's been writing a lot of music the past couple years and has about 3 albums worth of material to work on and finish. They spent some time goofing on each other, looking at some old pictures, old band pics, their history and relationship. They talked about life issues like the old bandmates of Danny's that have past away and dealing with the loss, going to therapy, Danny as a gun owner, talked about his music and solo album.
FincAg
AG
Well said. Good recap.
MavsAg
AG
Who is producing for the Hardline today?
Spaceship
AG
MavsAg said:

Actually we bumped into Sturm at church yesterday and my friend asked him who Danny's replacement would be. He said he didn't know yet and that they're doing a few weeks of fill-ins while Cumulus figures it out.
bthotugigem05
AG
I think Cumulus is going back to a more typical remit for the Hardline producer instead of Danny's quasi-host status, so I wouldn't plan on the eventual replacement being nearly as involved as Dingu was.
Hincemm
AG
Spaceship said:

MavsAg said:

Actually we bumped into Sturm at church yesterday
what a terrible brag
WC87
AG
Spaceship said:

MavsAg said:

Actually we bumped into Sturm at church yesterday and my friend asked him who Danny's replacement would be. He said he didn't know yet and that they're doing a few weeks of fill-ins while Cumulus figures it out.
What was longer, the preacher's sermon or Bob's answer to your question.
Mike92
AG
DL04 said:

Anybody have a recap or recording of last night? I wasn't able to listen.
I found someone who recorded most of it and put it on Youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzWkoMFw-NJAQIOAHh0pve0i946lX7doi
Chewy
AG
Dwayne Carraway and the Musers make great radio. Gordo flat out toes the line of offending/pissing him off and Carraway just runs right through it.

Also love that Junior has no real interest in going tonight because he wants to watch the game. I get wanting to watch the game but the Mavs are down 0-3. This is Dwayne Carraway. Sacrifices have to be made.
C1NRB
AG
Chewy said:

Also love that Junior has no real interest in going tonight because he wants to watch the game. I get wanting to watch the game but the Mavs are down 0-3. This is Dwayne Carraway. Sacrifices have to be made.
Junior was laying out so hard one might think he doing was Fake Dwayne Carraway since that's the only time a layout of that magnitude occurs.
MasonB
AG
C1NRB - you won the Okie School of Adventure giveaway from the outdoors forum.

If you can message me through Facebook at OkieSchoolofAdventure - I need your shirt size and address.

Thanks!
First Page Last Page
Page 369 of 572

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.