Metroplex
Sponsored by

1310 The Ticket - Hardline Question

2,246,888 Views | 19981 Replies | Last: 13 min ago by Robert C. Christian
realestateguru
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That was adult humor and gratuitous sex at the expense of a minor. Bob knows better and should have prevented the airing.
NukeAg10
AG
realestateguru said:

That was adult humor and gratuitous sex at the expense of a minor. Bob knows better and should have prevented the airing.

Is this serious? Sometimes I can't tell.
WC87
AG
realestateguru said:

SHUT THE **** UP!

ok

Thats a drop.
walton91
Prevented it from airing?
realestateguru
AG
walton91 said:

Yes, Bob has authority on what is aired on his show. Corby is a horrible parent allowing his 11 year old to see that movie. Bob should have stepped in and said no. Reverse this to Danny's' daughter. Would he allow?
powerbelly
AG
I saw Corby about 6 Woodfords in at the Oishii bar Saturday. Maybe I should have told him realestateguru didn't approve of his parenting.
NukeAg10
AG
realestateguru said:

walton91 said:

Yes, Bob has authority on what is aired on his show. Corby is a horrible parent allowing his 11 year old to see that movie. Bob should have stepped in and said no. Reverse this to Danny's' daughter. Would he allow?

Damn. It was not sarcasm.
Bob Loblaws Law Blog
AG
realestateguru said:

walton91 said:

So, I guess it's safe to say you didn't enjoy your first Ticket listening experience?
NukeAg10
AG
Gotta be a troll, or the most uptight ticket P1 ever.
PatAg
AG
WC87 said:

realestateguru said:

SHUT THE **** UP!

ok

Thats a drop.
No, THAT was a drop
Hincemm
AG
And we didn't dump it too. Didn't caught it in time
AW 1880
AG
Junior is a moron. He was so concerned with Trump demonizing the media, but now he's concerned that Elon Musk wants free speech to be too free.
Hincemm
AG
AW 1880 said:

Junior is a moron. He was so concerned with Trump demonizing the media, but now he's concerned that Elon Musk wants free speech to be too free.
i always enjoy hearing how 'both sides' hate their views. i consider myself somewhat moderate but their political leanings are blatantly obvious (i.e. George defending BIden this morning on the border stuff and never extending any grace to the trumps). i'll give gordo some credit in that he has the intelligence not to show his hand like those other two morans. trump 2024 is going to be a fun ride.
Chewy
AG
Obviously frustrated by their quick discussion of Twitter this morning. It seemed really ignorant and misguided. Jub was already jaded with the border talk. I was mostly disappointed by Gordo comparing Musk to Trump. They're not even close in intellect and Gordo is comparing the two.

I wouldn't classify myself as a Musk fanboy but I am intrigued by his plans for Twitter.

This seems the basis for what he wants to do. I don't know if he can pull it off but I don't know how anyone can be against this. Worst case is just shuts the damn thing down which wouldn't be horrible.

Even Jack Dorsey doesn't seem appalled by Musk taking ownership. Let's just wait to see what Musk does. It could be wonderful. I don't think it'll be any worse for what Twitter has become.

True Anomaly
AG
realestateguru said:

walton91 said:

I thought years ago we all learned that you don't tell other people how to raise their own kids
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
AW 1880 said:

The Musers aren't even qualified to talk sports on a sports station so when they venture outside of that area of "expertise" they get out of their depth and show their ignorance really quickly. 95% of the on-air talent would be best served sticking to bits and entertainment news or whatever. It seems like the last two plus years since covid started that they've become the blow hards the station used to mock.
jwag
AG
Quote:

Even Jack Dorsey doesn't seem appalled by Musk taking ownership.
Crazy what close to another billy$$$ in Dorsey's pocket can muster.
double aught
AG
WC87 said:

realestateguru said:

SHUT THE **** UP!

ok

Thats a drop.
Speaking of drops, they've started using Chris Rock's "Uh-oh!" from right before he gets slapped here and there. And I find it hilarious at the right moment.
Bob Loblaws Law Blog
AG
realestateguru said:

walton91 said:

Did you hear the irresponsible hypothetical about the hockey players slaughtering the fans that opened the Hardline today? I expect that kind of talk from Corby, but it was truly shocking and I would think Bob would know better than to allow something so gross to reach the airwaves.
Mozart Paintings
AG
Bob Loblaws Law Blog said:

realestateguru said:

walton91 said:

Did you hear the irresponsible hypothetical about the hockey players slaughtering the fans that opened the Hardline today? I expect that kind of talk from Corby, but it was truly shocking and I would think Bob would know better than to allow something so gross to reach the airwaves.
disgusting.... Bob really needs to take a stand
AgGrad99
AG
Can I make a suggestion?

Leave Bob alone, even if you disagree with him.

We FINALLY have an Aggie supporter on that station. Let's keep him in the fold.

The last thing we need are Aggies telling him everything he's doing wrong on twitter, etc.

(I know this is a safe space for critiques. Just thought I'd mention it)
Mozart Paintings
AG
There is way too much "are you serious?" going on right now.
MW03
AG
https://soundcloud.com/user550528630/before-uber-i-drove-bus
MW03
AG
Good lord, I haven't laughed as hard in a while. Jer creates a masterpiece about a man kicking a squirrel into the grand canyon

https://soundcloud.com/user550528630/musers-squirrel-kicking-story
AgGrad99
AG
I drove bus said:

There is way too much "are you serious?" going on right now.
AgGrad99
AG
Anyone have audio of Finney Smith saying 'pause' ?

amg405
AG
I click on this thread periodically to reconfirm that this station is still a dumpster fire. Bob Sturm's talent is wasted. Carry on.
Spaceship
AG
Chewy said:

Obviously frustrated by their quick discussion of Twitter this morning. It seemed really ignorant and misguided. Jub was already jaded with the border talk. I was mostly disappointed by Gordo comparing Musk to Trump. They're not even close in intellect and Gordo is comparing the two.

I wouldn't classify myself as a Musk fanboy but I am intrigued by his plans for Twitter.

This seems the basis for what he wants to do. I don't know if he can pull it off but I don't know how anyone can be against this. Worst case is just shuts the damn thing down which wouldn't be horrible.

Even Jack Dorsey doesn't seem appalled by Musk taking ownership. Let's just wait to see what Musk does. It could be wonderful. I don't think it'll be any worse for what Twitter has become.

George and Junior have a clear bias either due to their own ignorance or laziness. But Gordo is typically very thoughtful and so it was disappointing to hear him today compare Musk to (the bad side of) Trump. Total apples and oranges.

Musk has been pretty clear his main priority is Free Speech and somehow they all interpret that as a bad thing. Strange.
DannyDuberstein
AG
It's really strange to compare this bunch to themselves 20-25 years ago. All the success and gradually becoming old men has resulted in textbook ignorant elitist syndrome. "I was successful in my career, therefore I am smart and can't be wrong even on items I've clearly done a poor job of educating myself about."
EastSideAg2002
Spaceship said:

Chewy said:

George and Junior have a clear bias either due to their own ignorance or laziness. But Gordo is typically very thoughtful and so it was disappointing to hear him today compare Musk to (the bad side of) Trump. Total apples and oranges.

Musk has been pretty clear his main priority is Free Speech and somehow they all interpret that as a bad thing. Strange.
He only bought Twitter so that kid would stop tracking his flights.
Hincemm
AG
kelvin joseph jub sounds a lot like big 12 jub.
Chewy
AG
Mixed in with some nonsensical Norm ramblings.
J.P. 03
AG
It sounds like I'm in the minority, but at least from an entertainment standpoint, I love it when Norm and Jub get worked up enough about the Cowboys to yell about them on the air. I have to applaud them for still having the emotional capacity to care after all these years. I will always hope the Cowboys do well, but I've had my heart broken enough times to realize you have to completely detach emotionally from them at this point.
bthotugigem05
AG
MW03 said:

Good lord, I haven't laughed as hard in a while. Jer creates a masterpiece about a man kicking a squirrel into the grand canyon

https://soundcloud.com/user550528630/musers-squirrel-kicking-story

The Goofy scream at the very end broke me, holy crap that was incredible.
AgGrad99
AG
The NIL discussion was interesting.

It's fascinating hearing the people who supported players getting paid, now saying, 'HOW DID WE GET TO THIS POINT SO QUICKLY!?!?'' What the heck did you think would happen in an auction-type system? Everyone is making their best bid for talent. It was extremely obvious this would happen.

Jub said he was ok with players getting 10,000 or even a hundred thousand, 'but millions??'. Why is one worse than the other?

I hated the idea of NIL before it existed, and hate it now (in it's current form). But...if it's going to be legal, dont blame the programs like A&M or the conferences like the SEC, who are doing it the best. All you can do is operate better than others, within the rules. And that's what we're doing.
First Page Last Page
Page 360 of 571

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.