Metroplex
Sponsored by

1310 The Ticket - Hardline Question

2,246,934 Views | 19981 Replies | Last: 25 min ago by Robert C. Christian
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AgGrad99 said:

The NIL discussion was interesting.

It's fascinating hearing the people who supported players getting paid, now saying, 'HOW DID WE GET TO THIS POINT SO QUICKLY!?!?'' What the heck did you think would happen in an auction-type system? Everyone is making their best bid for talent. It was extremely obvious this would happen.

Jub said he was ok with players getting 10,000 or even a hundred thousand, 'but millions??'. Why is one worse than the other?

I hated the idea of NIL before it existed, and hate it now (in it's current form). But...if it's going to be legal, dont blame the programs like A&M or the conferences like the SEC, who are doing it the best. All you can do is operate better than others, within the rules. And that's what we're doing.

You have to take their biases into account to understand their "thinking".

Does this help OU and Texas? Yes = good
Does this hurt OU and Texas? Yes = bad
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
No idea where that emoji came from...
zag213004
AG
Anyone here listen to the segment when musers talked about places they lived. Gordo mentioned rehab and a halfway house. I must be honest I haven't listened enough in the past to understand if that is a Gordo joke or if he has/had some issues and whether or not we the audience know about it. Also I've heard he has a kid but it's not talked about a lot
Chewy
AG
I was listening but couldn't keep track they went so fast in so many places.

Gordo's ability to keep his private life under wraps is really amazing. We all seem to have an idea as there's enough clues but he keeps everything moving where you can't nail it down.

I did catch them saying something like he had the nicest house at some point.
Hincemm
AG
it's been a while since it was posted on here, but most indications are a wife and two kids (daughters?)

guessing halfway house and what not is a bit
Bob Loblaws Law Blog
AG
Hincemm said:

guessing halfway house and what not is a bit
With how "secretive" Gordo is about his personal life, if he was ever in rehab / halfway house, he probably wouldn't bring that to air. Also, I don't ever recall a prolonged period of time where Gordo wasn't on the air, like you would expect if he actually was in rehab.
DannyDuberstein
AG
zwhag2010 said:

Anyone here listen to the segment when musers talked about places they lived. Gordo mentioned rehab and a halfway house. I must be honest I haven't listened enough in the past to understand if that is a Gordo joke or if he has/had some issues and whether or not we the audience know about it. Also I've heard he has a kid but it's not talked about a lot

All a bit with him. His fallback for years was that he lived in an apartment in Arlington
C1NRB
AG
Gordon has the most "closed" private life of anyone at the Ticket and everyone on the air respects it, too. I give them all credit for that.

Anything marginally "shocking" about his private life that he airs is 99.99% percent likely to be a bit.

For example- In the early years he spoke of being married, but claimed his wife was black (African American) that everyone at the station went along with. A few years down the line he linked to a photographer's website he said was his wife's, with a comment something along the lines of, "Between the two of us (herself and him) she is the more talented" The person was blonde and definitely not black. (You never know about the African-American label. See Ubuntu from the short lived series "The Goode Family")

Inquiring P1's dug up divorce proceedings a number of years back. Recently, someone on the Hardline- Corby maybe- slipped in "Gordon's daughter came by to meet Don Henley when he was in studio" and had an honest "Oops" but Danny (?) threw in a quick "Don't worry about it" and it was never addressed/expanded upon.

Edit: In some of his talks with/about Dax Shepard Gordon's family has come up, but even then it's been vague.
Chewy
AG
I've mentioned it here before but I was listening to a Dax podcast and during the "fact check" he says something like, "When my buddy Gordon brings his family to stay with us we always have a great time."

This is wasn't the podcast with Gordon and was someone else after Gordon's podcast. It was really random and nothing more was said.

Gordon has mentioned he visits Dax and Kristen during training camps.

I personally think he's like everyone else being married with kids, rental properties, and typewriters.
zag213004
AG
Yeah out of all the ticket hosts Gordo is the one I'd like to have lunch with the most. Not to dig in his personally life or anything but just seems to be the most interesting. He is the reason I like the musers above all the other shows on the station.

Stive
AG
He's openly talked about struggling with alcohol in the past. I've never heard him mention rehab but he definitely has mentioned addiction issues.
Just Tired
Some Junkie Cosmonaut said:

AgGrad99 said:

The NIL discussion was interesting.

It's fascinating hearing the people who supported players getting paid, now saying, 'HOW DID WE GET TO THIS POINT SO QUICKLY!?!?'' What the heck did you think would happen in an auction-type system? Everyone is making their best bid for talent. It was extremely obvious this would happen.

Jub said he was ok with players getting 10,000 or even a hundred thousand, 'but millions??'. Why is one worse than the other?

I hated the idea of NIL before it existed, and hate it now (in it's current form). But...if it's going to be legal, dont blame the programs like A&M or the conferences like the SEC, who are doing it the best. All you can do is operate better than others, within the rules. And that's what we're doing.

You have to take their biases into account to understand their "thinking".

Does this help OU and Texas? Yes = good
Does this hurt OU and Texas? Yes = bad
exactly... ou paying players under the table while ncaa selectively enforced rules... "glory days"
bthotugigem05
AG
I really enjoy Gordon's writing, not that I agree with all of his perspectives but he's as gifted with a keyboard as he is with whatever it is the Musers are.
Bob Loblaws Law Blog
AG
The Hangzone calling the Salt Lake City radio station is so great.
Hincemm
AG
great news for demarvin leal in ribby's mock. he got drafted 3x in the first round!
C1NRB
AG
Hincemm said:

great news for demarvin leal in ribby's mock. he got drafted 3x in the first round!
And under three different names:
DeMarvin Leal
TheMarvin Leal
T.Marvin Leal
Spaceship
AG
Hahaha Ribby
dallasag_123
For years Gordon lived in the lower Greenville area in multiple houses, is married (or at least was for sure 3 years ago) with kids. He moved to Preston Hollow maybe 10 years ago.
AgLaw
AG
Where is the Vegas crew broadcasting from? I'm going to be there this weekend and might do some light stalking. Maybe rub Bob's head for luck.
Killin Me Smalls
AG
AgLaw said:

Where is the Vegas crew broadcasting from? I'm going to be there this weekend and might do some light stalking. Maybe rub Bob's head for luck.

J.P. 03
AG
Quote:

broadcasting from the Walk-Ons inside of Harrahs
A Cumulus station
double aught
AG
Donnie looooves Las Vegas.
C1NRB
AG
I love me some out-of-town "Crazy Eye" Sirois.
#TeamHavingFun
The Collective
AG
Each night, Gordo makes love to his wife in the old bathtub from Lee Harvey Oswald's apartment.
Hincemm
AG
AgLaw said:

don't think bob is in vegas
Ervin Burrell
AG
Hincemm said:

AgLaw said:

don't think bob is in vegas
Correct - only Donnie, Sirois, and Killer are there. Don't think Norm will ever get on a plane for the station again.
Phat32
AG
Ervin Burrell said:

Don't think Norm will ever get on a plane for the station again.
Deep drive by Castellanos....
The Collective
AG
Ervin Burrell said:

Don't think Norm will ever get on a plane for the station again.

I will miss his Oxnard expense report full of Subway receipts.
The Collective
AG
Corby claimed *****t's Creek is a top 5 show in the past decade (global).
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
Hyperbolic Corby strikes again.

And if you disagree, you're getting the redneck voice.
powerbelly
AG
I Have Spoken said:

Corby claimed *****t's Creek is a top 5 show in the past decade (global).

Its a top 5 comedy of the last 5 years for me
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
It's a great show. Not top 5 in the last decade though.
Rudyjax
AG
dallasag_123 said:

For years Gordon lived in the lower Greenville area in multiple houses, is married (or at least was for sure 3 years ago) with kids. He moved to Preston Hollow maybe 10 years ago.

His oldest kid has to be 22-24 years old now. She was 3-5 when I met them out once in 2002-2003.
Decay
AG
If I had to guess Corby's ALL TIME top 5 comedies:
Entourage
SNL
*****t's Creek
Gilligan's Island
Breaking Bad (it's just so good and groundbreaking it goes on every list)
Hincemm
AG
Bring back the hammer!

First Page Last Page
Page 361 of 571

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.