Metroplex
Sponsored by

Double Dave's coming back to the 214

5,994 Views | 43 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by ftworthag02
91AggieLawyer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
dave94 said:

Carlo4 said:

There used to be 20-30 locations in DFW back around 2008. Now only 2 (Keller and Denton)

It's a travesty. No other place that tries rolls is even close.

The thing is, it isn't that hard to make them. I've made them myself and they are darn close to DD rolls. I can't believe a real pizza place couldn't come within 95+% of getting there. Mine were easily 85% if not more (in my opinion; I used moz and not provolone, so some purists might disagree).
ftworthag02
AG
we have a place pretty close to us, Perrotti's pizza, started making pizza rolls and I think they're pretty close. The cheese is a little different.
McNasty
AG
Grabbed a dozen rolls at lunch. Only a couple of takeout orders while we were there. Hope they're getting steady business at other times.
drewser95
AG
Oh didn't even realize that they're open before 4:00pm now. That's going to be a problem, with my office being within walking distance. I've been getting it to-go one night a week for the past few weeks.
walton91
I didn't realize they were open before 4 either. Last time I was in the guy said they could put a parmesan crust on them too
Red Rover
AG
I took my youngest there for dinner after seeing this thread! He drank his weight in lemonade and I had a tasty Guinness while eating some pizza and rolls.
Red Rover
AG
Also it opens up into the bowling alley next door. We will definitely do some pizza and bowling with the whole crew in the near future.
Ag CPA
AG
ftworthag02 said:

we have a place pretty close to us, Perrotti's pizza, started making pizza rolls and I think they're pretty close. The cheese is a little different.
Glad to see that Perrotti's is still around, that was a favorite back when we lived in RCCE 10+ years ago.
ftworthag02
AG
We live in Ryan Place so we visit the tcu perrottis. My brother worked there in the 80s when he was at paschal. Richard Perrotti was crazy. Now owned by Hispanics, I think. When my sister started at a&m in 90 my mom would always tell Richard about the DD peperoni rolls and that he should make them. He never did.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.