Metroplex
Sponsored by

HEB coming to the Metroplex in 2022 (IT'S HAPPENING)

22,326 Views | 151 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by Ken Adams
fav13andac1)c
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://www.wfaa.com/article/money/business/h-e-b-is-opening-2-new-stores-in-d-fw-plano-frisco/287-f202be14-631f-409c-9c75-3caec35a76e6

Quote:

It's finally happening! Residents in Dallas-Fort Worth, you'll soon be able to shop at H-E-B without having to leave the metroplex.

The Texas-based grocer confirmed Friday that it is bringing two supermarkets to Plano and Frisco. H-E-B will break ground the two new stores this summer. They are scheduled to open in the fall of 2022.

The Frisco store will be located at the northeast corner of Legacy Drive and Main Street. The Plano store will be built at the southwest corner of Preston Road and Spring Creek Parkway, the company said.
"Our two new stores will feature the best of H-E-B with products and services our customers have come to love and expect. We are committed to ensuring these stores are a meaningful addition to the Frisco and Plano communities," said Juan-Carlos Rck, H-E-B Executive Vice President, North West Food/Drug Division.
There are existing H-E-B stores in communities near the Dallas-Fort Worth area, including Burleson, Hudson Oaks, Granbury, and Waxahachie.

This is the one thing that was missing in DFW for me.
ag88man
AG
Not close enough for me to use regularly yet, but one of the things that makes HEB successful is that they have a superior distribution system. They will have even more stores soon I bet.
3rd Generation Ag
AG
Nice, but only for the rich people in North Dallas and the same type of suburbs. That means no hope for a Mansfield store so my Arlington self will still have to go to Burleson to find decent groceries. Plano might as well be Kansas to me.
Garrelli 5000
AG
If I catch the lights right I'm 5 minutes from the Frisco location. Awesome.
Take the trash out staff.
AggieFrog
AG
Hope they take over. I'm 15 minutes from the Hudson Oaks location and am there weekly.
bbattbq01
AG
Plano one decently close to us. Wife is excited.
Gladiator 96
AG
FRISCO LOCATION IS LESS THAN A MILE FROM MY HOUSE !!!
dave94
AG
Effing burbs.

I guess we'll just stick with the same old sh*t down here in 214.
dave94
AG
Wait, Fall of 2022?!? I'm not so jealous now, how the hell does it take a year and a half to build out a grocery store?
TexAggee05
AG
Wasn't Mansfield supposed to get one at 287/Broad?

https://www.lpcretail.com/properties/hwy-287-broad-st/
Old Buffalo
AG
Gladiator 96 said:

Hi neighbor!
bert harbinson
AG
Excellent news, I'm about 2 miles from the Plano site.
Gladiator 96
AG
Old Buffalo said:

Gladiator 96 said:

Hi neighbor!
Kings Garden
They will have 30 stores in DFW by 2030.
culdeus
AG
Plano location is awfully close to their highest grossing central market.
MGS
dave94 said:

Effing burbs.

I guess we'll just stick with the same old sh*t down here in 214.

It probably helps to have a DA that prosecutes property crimes.
Troy91
AG
TexAggee05 said:

I am still waiting for this one.
DaveHimself
AG
No joke, they've been teasing us for 3+ years now on this location.
Old Buffalo
AG
Trails
Carlo4
AG
Been in the works for years/tons of NDAs from all the suburbs and consultants involved. Glad they can finally say something about it. All about acquiring real estate and finding the best areas. This company does it's due diligence.
FC12
Across the creek from you.
Rubble
AG
dave94 said:

Wait, Fall of 2022?!? I'm not so jealous now, how the hell does it take a year and a half to build out a grocery store?

It's not a house. That's why. There is a lot that goes into building large stores.
Post removed:
by user
Goose
AG
Rubble said:

dave94 said:

It's not a house. That's why. There is a lot that goes into building large stores.

Moreso than that, there is a lot that goes into the distribution facilities and system to support large stores.
Rice and Fries
SoupNazi2001 said:

But what is their mask policy.

L8HIT
AG
Pearson Farms here.

Legacy and Main is where the fictional Grand Park is suppose to be. ???
DropDemNuggetz
AG
Ehh I don't know if I would say awfully close. Regardless they are two different concepts. Some overlap but I really don't think there will be much cannibalization of revenue.
dave94
AG
Rubble said:

dave94 said:

I've worked in the construction industry for a long time, they can build a big box store in 8 months.
awinlonghorn
They are far from box stores. The supporting infrastructure also takes a ton of work. While plano and frisco are the first two locations, they need to build the infrastructure for other stores they open as well.
Disco Stu
AG
IT'S A GROCERY STORE.
wbt5845
AG
TexAggee05 said:

The south side of that development is still in limbo. My understanding is HEB will still build there when the developer finally gets it going.

The north part is in the final stages of getting built out now.
bco2003
AG
L8HIT said:

Legacy and Main is where the fictional Grand Park is suppose to be. ???
Grand Park will be between Cotton Gin & Stonebrook

TxAG#2011
Carlo4 said:

Been in the works for years/tons of NDAs from all the suburbs and consultants involved. Glad they can finally say something about it. All about acquiring real estate and finding the best areas. This company does it's due diligence.
Lol that sounds like a whole lot of fees paid out for no reason honestly.
agcrock2005
AG
They own dozens of pieces of land throughout DFW. This is just the beginning. They've been piecing this together for at least 6 or 7 years.
YouBet
AG
Disco Stu said:

IT'S A GROCERY STORE.
My wife is from South Texas and I asked her what the deal was with the obsession over HEB....

Her eyes glazed over and she almost reprimanded me for asking. "BECAUSE IT'S THE BEST GROCERY STORE. ALL OF THEIR FOOD IS GOOD AND YOU HAVE OPTIONS AND...AND...AND...[HEAD EXPLODES]."

I like gently ribbing her about it. I like it as well since that is our option when we are down there, but man the cult around it is downright weird to me. They do have good options for salsa though.

edit: I feel the same way about Bucee's. That cult is insane. It's a f'ing gas station with groceries.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.