Metroplex
Sponsored by

DAMC Upcoming Events

5,143 Views | 52 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by FincAg
dave94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
They do have more TVs on the outer walls, and an outdoor patio with some as well. Their food is actually pretty solid too, but it's just not the same as a real sports bar.

I'll probably watch a few games there, only because I know some of my friends who live in Uptown will surely go there some weeks.
Rebel_Lonestar
AG
I went to the tail end of the SEC happy hour at backyard last night and it was at least 75% Aggies. Could a place like that be good for a game watching location? Btw, that place was packed for a Thursday
dave94
AG
Rebel_Lonestar said:

I went to the tail end of the SEC happy hour at backyard last night and it was at least 75% Aggies. Could a place like that be good for a game watching location? Btw, that place was packed for a Thursday
I was there last night too. That was the place I thought they would for sure get to host our watching parties. I even believe that it's Aggie-owned.
Grapist
AG
That's where I plan on going for a lot of the Aggie games. They just didn't want to pony up as much cash as clutch, if any?
TexasAggie008
AG
concrete cowboy
FTAco07
AG
See y'all at Stan's tonight!
Mr_mo8268
AG
Surprised they went for Clutch however it seems more about money than the experience. I hope they negioted sound for the night games. I can't imagine a club that does 6 figures on a Saturday night is thrilled about not playing music at 10pm so A&M fans can finish the game. And parking will be tough too.

[url=https://texags.com/forums/new/37/2966695/52374374/][/url][url=https://texags.com/forums/new/37/2966695/52374374/quote][/url]

FTAco07
AG
Stans not doing well tonight. Air conditioning isn't working right, only one bartender in the whole place, and it smells like sewage
sanitariex
AG
So it's.....Stan's? Ah I wish I was there.
dave94
AG
I went to the Ticket fight night at Bomb Factory and then met some friends at Backyard. Audio the whole time except commercials and it was pretty awesome. Probably be here more than not the rest of the season.
dave94
AG
Curious to hear how Clutch was.
TexasAggie008
AG
Probably super ghey like always
texAgengineer
Went to Clutch, my friends and I enjoyed it.

It is definitely a younger crowd, so I could see how some older Ags wouldn't enjoy it but you can't please everyone.
powerbelly
AG
texAgengineer said:

Went to Clutch, my friends and I enjoyed it.

It is definitely a younger douchier crowd, so I could see how most Ags wouldn't enjoy it but you can't please everyone.
FIFY
FTAco07
AG
I'm certainly not a fan of having our game watch at Clutch, but I don't understand why people continue to assume the crowd at an A&M game watch is the same as that bar's typical crowd. If it's a game watch, it's not going to be full of bottle service bros, it's generally going to be 22-40 year old graduates of Texas A&M.

Feel free to hate on the atmosphere, seating situation, or tv setup, but complaining about "******bags" is a lazy argument.
BlueAg2003
AG
That's what I experienced when I went to Eberhard. Of course there were Aggies, but the general Saturday dbag crowd was in full force too. It isn't like those people don't come in because there is an Aggie watch party there.
TexasAggie008
AG
Speaking of lazy, why are we the only school that seems to think Clutch, Concrete Cowboy, and Eberhard are cant miss ideas for the game watch? Am I wrong or are there 0 other schools we share with (which is normal at actual desirable game watch bars).

As an example- Tech gets High Fives and Ole Miss gets the back room at BBC....i feel bad for all of the academic smack we've talked about both bc we're the ones that have looked like morons for the last 4-5 years when it comes to game watch selections
FTAco07
AG
Because we're the only club that insist on using game watch parties to extort/raise money from bars to go toward scholarships. It's nice that so many A&M clubs are philanthropic toward the next generation of local Aggies, but some things, like game watch parties, should just be focused on getting folks together and having fun. If you want to raise money, but out a donation jar or get some silent auction items and do it that way.

Every sports bar in Dallas would be thrilled to host the A&M club under normal circumstances, but no sports bar that has any level of football season daytime business is going to pay a club to go there. Clutch/Concrete/Eberhard/ etc. all are willing to because they would otherwise have little to no business during the day.
FincAg
AG
What are your turnouts for Wednesday and Friday lunches?
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.