Metroplex
Sponsored by

DAMC Upcoming Events

5,102 Views | 52 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by FincAg
castrop08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Howdy Ags!

Hope you can join us for our upcoming everts!

7/25 5-8pm Kendra Gives Back to the Dallas A&M Club- KS West Village Location
- 20% of all sales will go to DAMC's scholarship fund! Can't make it in store? No problem just call in (214-528- 4800) and mention DAMC and they'll ship your order for free and donate to the club!

8/1 5:30-8:30 pm DAMC August Happy Hour-- Backyard Dallas
- Come join us for our Monthly Happy Hour as we move it back to Wednesday. All Ags & non Ags Welcome!

8/1 5:30-8:30 pm Aggie Night At PinStack-- PinStack Las Colinas
- The climate controlled patio is reserved for our club. Be sure to turn in your food receipts to one of our club volunteers and the club will get 15% of the proceeds!

8/12 6:30-9:30 pm Starry Night over Aggieland Painting - Pinot's Palette Addison
castrop08
AG
Ags don't forget to join us this tonight for DAMC's Night with Kendra Scott-West Village! 20% of all sales will go to DAMC's scholarship fund! Can't make it in store? No problem just call in (214-528-4800) and mention DAMC and they'll ship your order for free and donate to the club!

Kendra Scott-West Village
3699 McKinney Ave suite 105-b,
Dallas, TX 75204
dave94
AG
Any word on where gamewatching parties will be this season?

aggiespartan
AG
Do you still do the Friday lunches?
castrop08
AG
dave94 said:

Our Watch Party team is currently in the process of locking the location as we speak! As soon as everything is locked in we'll officially announce.
castrop08
AG
aggiespartan said:

Yes we still have Friday Luncheons. They're currently at Aggie Owner Tupinamba Cafe. I've included a link below to the Club's Calendar with a breakdown on Friday Luncheons as well as the monthly Aggie Business Luncheon & Aggie Roundtable networking events.

https://dallasaggies.org/html/calendar.asp
PlanoAg98
AG
Quote:

Quote:

aggiespartan said:
Yes we still have Friday Luncheons. They're currently at Aggie Owner Tupinamba Cafe. I've included a link below to the Club's Calendar with a breakdown on Friday Luncheons as well as the monthly Aggie Business Luncheon & Aggie Roundtable networking events.

I noticed there were no guest speakers scheduled for any of the July Friday lunches. Will that change as football season approaches? I'm sure Jason Howell is up for a lunch. Greg Hill is also a great speaker. Liucci regularly visits Dallas on weekends and could probably head up early on Friday. Just saying that the Friday lunches are better with a speaker.
castrop08
AG
PlanoAg98 said:

Quote:

Quote:

aggiespartan said:

I noticed there were no guest speakers scheduled for any of the July Friday lunches. Will that change as football season approaches? I'm sure Jason Howell is up for a lunch. Greg Hill is also a great speaker. Liucci regularly visits Dallas on weekends and could probably head up early on Friday. Just saying that the Friday lunches are better with a speaker.
Those are great recommendations! We just got a new Friday Luncheon Chair who's working on the scheduled. It seems like you're super knowledgeable about speakers so I bet he'd be open to recommendations or if you're able to help facilitate an introduction. I'd be more than happy to help connect.
castrop08
AG
Ags don't forget to join us Wednesday for Aggie Night at PINSTAK-Las Colinas! It's a great way to celebrate the end of summer before the kids go back to school and great way for young alumni to meet!

PINSTAK-Las Colinas
2750 W Lyndon B Johnson Fwy
Irving, TX 75063
5:30-8:30 pm

castrop08
AG
Ags there's still 6 days to sign up for Aggie Night at Pinot's Palette-Addison. A portion of the night's total proceeds will be donated back to the DAMC to support scholarships! [url=https://www.facebook.com/events/504305866655584/][/url]

Click the link to book your spot!
- tx.ag/DAMCpaintnight

Pinot's Palette-Addison
5290 Belt Line Rd #122b,
Addison, TX 75254
dave94
AG
castrop08 said:

dave94 said:

Our Watch Party team is currently in the process of locking the location as we speak! As soon as everything is locked in we'll officially announce.
Since you're involved with the Club, can you give us some insight on how they selected Clutch to be the gamewatching bar again?

The reaction I've heard from people (not just on TexAgs) is as can be expected....i.e., why do we always end up at an ultra-lounge instead of a sports bar? It definitely doesn't fit our demographic for the most part.

Asking for real, not trying to bash the Club or it's leadership. Coach's Night was a great event and y'all do some good things throughout the year.

wangus12
AG
Gotta agree. Clutch seems to be a late night club more than a place to watch a football game.
powerbelly
AG
dave94 said:

castrop08 said:

dave94 said:

Since you're involved with the Club, can you give us some insight on how they selected Clutch to be the gamewatching bar again?

The reaction I've heard from people (not just on TexAgs) is as can be expected....i.e., why do we always end up at an ultra-lounge instead of a sports bar? It definitely doesn't fit our demographic for the most part.

Asking for real, not trying to bash the Club or it's leadership. Coach's Night was a great event and y'all do some good things throughout the year.

It is purely about the money. They would be at a bar with no tvs if the bar ponied up.
mavsfan4ever
AG
Coach's night was great. But looks like it'll be another year of not going to a single watch party. This is getting beyond ridiculous. I'm a person who should be interested in going to the watch parties (no kids, love bars, love A&M football, don't have a ton of A&M friends in town, etc). But I have no interest because of the ****ty locations. Oh well.
nonameag99
Why don't some of you complainers volunteer to help with the locations?

Oh, I forgot this is the ghey azz Dallass board
The Aggie number specified has already been linked with another TexAgs account.
PlanoAg98
AG
I hear on this board that a lot of people go to Stan's Blue Note to watch the games instead of joining the DAMC at the dance club bar. Is there another watch party that uses SBN or why would this not work for the DAMC game watch location? I haven't been there in years but from what I remember it was a pretty good sports watching bar.
powerbelly
AG
PlanoAg98 said:

I hear on this board that a lot of people go to Stan's Blue Note to watch the games instead of joining the DAMC at the dance club bar. Is there another watch party that uses SBN or why would this not work for the DAMC game watch location? I haven't been there in years but from what I remember it was a pretty good sports watching bar.
They don't want to pay to host. The only goal for the game watching party is to get paid to fund scholarships. There is zero thought put to how good of a place it is to watch a game.
sherminator
Stan's Blue Note is a dump.
PlanoAg98
AG
Quote:

They don't want to pay to host. The only goal for the game watching party is to get paid to fund scholarships. There is zero thought put to how good of a place it is to watch a game.

How much do they pay to host? There should be a break between that amount of money and quality of location.
powerbelly
AG
PlanoAg98 said:

Quote:

How much do they pay to host? There should be a break between that amount of money and quality of location.
Not sure, but when I asked about finding a new place they flatly stated they chose the Eberhard for the money. Anyone who tried to watch a game there knows it is terrible.
PlanoAg98
AG
Oh well... if I attended the DAMC game watch parties, I'd fix it. However, I go to most home games. Plus... for every other game, I live in Plano and the Frisco A&M Club location is only 5 minutes away and actually a very good game watch location.
dave94
AG
PlanoAg98 said:

I know that last season the Florida watching parties were there and I think also Tech.

Also, it's not a dump, just a well lived-in, longtime neighborhood bar.
mavsfan4ever
AG
nonameag99 said:

Why don't some of you complainers volunteer to help with the locations?

Oh, I forgot this is the ghey azz Dallass board
Dumb response. There are plenty of people that would volunteer to find a good sports bar to host the watch parties. Do you think it takes alot of time? No, it would literally take a few hours. Do you think it takes expertise in what the good sports bars are? No, everyone knows what the good locations are. You response would make sense if this was something that would actually take a lot of time/work. But it's not.

Even if we found them 3-4 bars that would gladly allow us to host watch parties, it wouldn't matter.
PlanoAg98
AG
Quote:

Dumb response. There are plenty of people that would volunteer to find a good sports bar to host the watch parties. Do you think it takes alot of time? No, it would literally take a few hours. Do you think it takes expertise in what the good sports bars are? No, everyone knows what the good locations are. You response would make sense if this was something that would actually take a lot of time/work. But it's not.

Even if we found them 3-4 bars that would gladly allow us to host watch parties, it wouldn't matter.
Where are these people?
mavsfan4ever
AG
Give me a break. You act like this is back breaking labor. If I can get assurance from the club that the bar that I get to host us will actually be chosen for watch parties, I will happily do it next year. Anyone could literally do it during a lunch break or one weekend morning. How hard do you actually think it is to convince a bar to let a lot of people come watch a game there? I'll give you a hint, it's not that hard because literally every university has watch parties at good sports bars except for us.

But apparently we sell out to crappy bars who pay us the most money. If that's true, then we are discussing this for no reason.
leoj
AG
Is there seriously Stan's slander occurring in here?
sanitariex
AG
People that hate on Stan's must have HATED going to the Chicken.
BlueAg2003
AG
Stan's is where I'll be this year. We tried one game at the Eberhard and it was terrible. Glad they tore that place down. We haven't been since they moved the watch parties to this Clutch place, as it looks just as bad. I get that the group is about raising money for scholarships, but if you're losing members for things like this, then you must not care too much about money.

I attended a pub crawl last summer that was terrible...didn't get a single special that was advertised and the organization of it was terrible. I wanted to be active with the Dallas A&M Club, but it seems like they're only catering to a specific type of person (recent yuppie grad).
nashvilleaggie11
We have a one year old but would love to come out and watch an afternoon game somewhere. Any somewhat family friendly places that other Aggie families with little ones are going to head to? I can not imagine bringing baby girl to a swanky lounge like place to watch the game haha.
powerbelly
AG
Clutch bar. Wow.
wangus12
AG
PlanoAg98 said:

Oh well... if I attended the DAMC game watch parties, I'd fix it. However, I go to most home games. Plus... for every other game, I live in Plano and the Frisco A&M Club location is only 5 minutes away and actually a very good game watch location.
I think I'm gonna do this. Much closer drive for me.
Ol Jock 99
AG

I know exactly nothing about Clutch besides this thread and 34 seconds of internetting....this doesn't look like some Ultra-Dallas Nightclub type place to me?
powerbelly
AG
It is the same group that own Concrete Cowboy and has a similar vibe.

Those are also the only tvs in the whole bar.
BlueAg2003
AG
That is daytime. Here is a night view:

It is owned by the same d00shes who own Concrete Cowboy and think they're a super-cool Vegas nightclub. Bottle service, the whole bit.

They have 1 and a half stars on Yelp, though. So.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/clutch-dallas

Oh and apparently their reviews are similar to their counterpart at The Star in Frisco...mixed in with a little racism.
powerbelly
AG
At least they are owned by an aggie.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.