Metroplex
Sponsored by

Schools in Grapevine/Colleyville/Keller

6,531 Views | 75 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Joe Cole
mbyrd
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Appreciate the offer. Maybe someday our paths will cross.
Ol_Ag_02
AG
Hincemm said:

Ol_Ag_02 said:

mbyrd said:

You're still a whiny ***** 02 but I apologize for the last post.

No worries man. I'm sure you're good people. I'll even buy you a beer if interested.

Gingerman in southlake is a nice little bar...

For the most part Southlake bars kind of suck, unless you're a bored housewife.

The best bar and food in the area to me is at Manny G's in Keller. Great little dive in a house; they have a small porch and patio that makes you feel like you're in a small town. Don't tell anyone though, no one is ever there. I'd like to keep it that way.
91AggieLawyer
AG
Quote:

GMS does not seem the place for athletics

My experience with the coaches there (granted it was somewhat limited and years ago) would suggest this is accurate.
Southlake Ag
AG
smc05 said:

My husband is thinking about taking a job in Southlake and I am starting to look at schools in the area. We currently have three elementary age kids. Can anyone tell me which schools to look at in that area? Also, which feeder patterns to look at. TIA

Smc05 - there is a rather large area of northwest Grapevine that is in SLC's school district. The elementary school is Johnson Elementary and is a great school. I've had 3 kids go through Johnson and 4 nieces and nephews. Also , there are some great neighborhoods north of SH 114 that are older (built in 1990's/early 2000's) that are not near as expensive as some of the newer neighborhoods. And the Superintendent of schools at SLC is an Aggie - as is the super at Grapevine/Colleyville.
dcAg
They are all good schools but Southlake Schools are the best. You cant get much better for public schools.
powerbiscuit
dcAg said:

They are all good schools but Southlake Schools are the best. You cant get much better for public schools.
By what metric are you measuring them?
Joe Cole
I grew up in GCISD and I turned out ok, in fact I'm probably typing this sentence above the average wpm. Who knows how fast I would be going if I went to SLC

My kids will go the same route as of now. Timberline would be the only school to avoid IMO, but I don't really know anything really wrong with it. I have also seen less than favorable reviews for Gvine middle, but will judge for myself. I did hear of some plans to build government funded apartments that would funnel into Timber > GMS and that seemed to be firing people up

Some comments on here about CTMS... I can't imagine it's bad considering the area around it. I went there when it was brand new and we just had 9th grade in the building.

I have nothing against SL people, but to say that some of them are not a little over the top would be untrue. The same people are found all around though.

I have lived in this area my entire life. Colleyville, NRH, Gvine... you really can't go wrong.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.