Austin
Sponsored by

Question about prop b

11,437 Views | 157 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Aust Ag
The Dirty Sock
How long do you want to ignore this user?
How come he's not wearing a mask in his profile pic?
evan_aggie
AG
Sometimes I think about what Austin was like 15 years ago and then wonder what the city has done to make it much better and I have a hard time thinking of anything.

Some businesses were enticed here with some tax breaks: that I guess I'll give partial credit for seeing through.

I use town lake trail often but that's been more or less the same for a decade. The board walk they build was pennies compared to what they spend money on.
barbacoa taco
AG
Adler is trash. It's at least heartwarming to see him get ratio'd to hell for that tweet.
Charpie
AG
Voting yes to prop b later today. I'm sick of the homeless camps along 183. The fact that they have nice tents and bbq pits tells me all I really need to know. We don't have a homeless problem. We have an accountability problem.
tailgatetimer10
AG
I've seen CARS under their tents on more than 2 occasions.
BenFiasco14
AG
Bout to head to the polls myself. Yes on Props A and B, no on everything else.
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
JAW3336
AG
Rhonda the Rash said:

Police should not have militarized vehicles. That's my opinion. You can say what you did above but look at the situations where militarized vehicles/ equipment and are actually needed... cops should not be handling those situations. It isn't the safest option for cops or the community. It will only damage their relationship with the community making it more dangerous for all, including cops.

Most situations are crowd control. The guard can do that and be trained in arrest tactics. If you want to suggest someone other than police to handle that I am open to that discussion. If you are just going to tell me that I'm dumb for not agreeing you should just go to whatever echo chamber you prefer.
You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means.
Attack life, It's going to kill you anyway!
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
The lines are outrageous to vote I may round up a few campers and let them loose at the polling stations
BQ78
AG
Adler's liberal tears will be sweeter than the average liberal tears when all the "Republicans" pass this prop.
BenFiasco14
AG
Keeper of The Spirits said:

The lines are outrageous to vote I may round up a few campers and let them loose at the polling stations

Walked right in today. In and out in 5 minutes
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
barbacoa taco
AG
Keeper of The Spirits said:

if prop b fails let's round all of them up and bring them over to Adler's front lawn
KRamp90
AG
I had a long discussion with a homeless woman. She was sexually abused as a child. Her parents have tried for the last 30 years to help her. When she showed up at the doorstep of my office, I talked to her until her father drove down from Waco to pick her up. He had her admitted and ready to go at a rehab in that area.
Well, that's not what she wanted. They would not let her smoke. So, she bailed. The father told me he was sick of this ****, and he was about done. She knew she needed help, but it was ONLY on her requirements.
She kept telling me all she needed was a job and a car and all would be well. The father's story was a bit different. Her husband, who they have a child with, wanted her no where near them, because she can get violent..
Take it for what you will, but she has had multiple options for her mental health. She has made a different choice.
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
I voted for Prop B on Aggie Muster Day. I was in and out in just 5 minutes.
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace
Vermont based Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream sticking their collective noses into Austin politics:

wadd96
AG
There a reason I quit buying their junk years ago...
All the God's, all the Heavens, all the Hells are within you.
tailgatetimer10
AG
I could see a company sticking their neck out if they operated out of Austin, but they have 0 business here outside of selling crap. Not to mention, attempting to make a stance in a 'one liner catchy sentence' is such hot garbage.
barbacoa taco
AG
Ben and Jerrys can F off. Easy for them to say when they dont have to deal with it. Blue bell is better anyway.

And I would likewise be annoyed if some other out of state company stuck their nose in this issue and campaigned for prop B. Just stay out of it, please.
XXXVII
I voted YES for prop B.

I voted NO for everything else. I simply do not trust the Austin City government on any of the other props.
YouBet
AG
Good luck to Austin Aggies getting this passed today.
Charpie
AG
Our little polling location in SW Wilco had about 759 people vote so far with more pouring in.
The Dirty Sock
The Fall Guy
AG
Get it done Austin!
Potcake
AG
Yep, send them packing!!

To Kyle.
Charpie
The Fall Guy
AG
No homeless rule already in Kyle so Ha!!! We send them to Austin.
Charpie
AG
67 percent for Prop B
cityagboy
AG
Charpie said:

67 percent for Prop B

Charpie
AG

The Dirty Sock
Frozen Concoction
XXXVII
Rhonda the Rash said:

Charpie said:

67 percent for Prop B

Happy to see the huge rejection of Prop F. Apparently most people do not want Adler getting more power.
BrokeAssAggie
Let's see if they enforce prop B, my guess is no.
Throwout
AG
No way they will. Defunding and reducing the police force will allow them to just let this continue. Like I said earlier, the toothpaste is already out of the tube.
maverick2076
Spent all week in a training class with several APD officers. They don't have the manpower to enforce it. They don't have the manpower to run traffic, non emergency calls, and even some emergency calls. Law enforcement in Austin has been broken, and it's only going to get worse as senior officers retire with no one to take their place.
evan_aggie
AG
CrazyRichAggie said:

Let's see if they enforce prop B, my guess is no.

I watched a fairly civil debate between one of the guys who pushes homes not shelters and others like us that don't want homeless allowed to pop a tent whenever they'd like.

He even brought up that camping was not allowed, JT when pressed as to whether they enforce it he got really quiet and didn't rebuttal.

" Additionally, camping is not allowed on public grounds and greenbelts that are designated as parkland or City-owned"

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.