Austin
Sponsored by

Get ready to go back to life in March, Austin

4,865 Views | 48 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by wadd96
Potcake
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
He doesn't want a shutdown to interfere with his Lakeway Spa getaway.
MosesHallRAB04
AG
fig96 said:

I'm just not really seeing the connection between businesses being open to the protests.

I absolutely think protests contributed to some spread, just doesn't seem to have been a primary factor or we'd be seeing similar numbers everywhere. To each their own.

Whatever you think...wear a mask.

Perhaps it's BS but I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that contract tracers cannot ask whether a person went to a protest. If that's true there's no way to correlate protests to exposure.
aginlakeway
AG
AgSoccer2007 said:

https://www.kxan.com/news/coronavirus/special-austin-city-council-meeting-thursday-could-result-in-more-covid-19-ordinances/

God, I hope I am wrong. Someone please tell me I am crazy.

Crazy? Unsure. Dishonest? Sure seems like it ...
Ogre09
AG
AgSoccer2007 said:

https://www.kxan.com/news/coronavirus/special-austin-city-council-meeting-thursday-could-result-in-more-covid-19-ordinances/

God, I hope I am wrong. Someone please tell me I am crazy.

It's karma for welching on the GB. Make it right and I'm sure things will improve for you.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
AgSoccer2007 said:

watched some of the city council meeting. Glad we have a city council member openly calling to have public vehicles with megaphones drive around blasting "wear your mask" at the public. terrific.
So you have time to watch a City Council meeting, but not take care of your non-stop begging for votes for your wife on the General Board?
fig96
AG
MosesHallRAB04 said:

fig96 said:

I'm just not really seeing the connection between businesses being open to the protests.

I absolutely think protests contributed to some spread, just doesn't seem to have been a primary factor or we'd be seeing similar numbers everywhere. To each their own.

Perhaps it's BS but I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that contract tracers cannot ask whether a person went to a protest. If that's true there's no way to correlate protests to exposure.
That would be really interesting if true, haven't seen anything about it either way.

I also feel like I'm missing the subtext of another conversation happening in this thread that I'm just not going to worry about
KT 90
AG
It was definitely true in New York, likely other locations as well. Plenty of links to the tracers not asking about the protests:

https://www.google.com/search?q=contact+tracers+can%27t+ask+about+protests&rlz=1C1AVNE_enUS660US664&ei=e4UIX8SoHMWMtgX3mr7gDg&start=0&sa=N&ved=2ahUKEwiE0py2_MLqAhVFhq0KHXeND-w4FBDy0wN6BAgMECw&biw=1600&bih=789

Aust Ag
AG
fig96 said:

"Similar numbers"....not in the Midwest.
txags92
AG
Being shutdown again and forced to stay home should leave plenty of time to work on those photography skills you have been neglecting.
tailgatetimer10
AG
FYI, there is a poster on r/austin that graphically presents this information MUCH better than the city does. I suggest getting your information from here if possible. All of the data is sourced from the Austin government site, simply just more information given.

Main things to note is a trend is forming for hospitalizations, icu, etc... Draw the conclusions yourself:

Aust Ag
AG
tailgatetimer10 said:

FYI, there is a poster on r/austin that graphically presents this information MUCH better than the city does. I suggest getting your information from here if possible. All of the data is sourced from the Austin government site, simply just more information given.

Main things to note is a trend is forming for hospitalizations, icu, etc... Draw the conclusions yourself:

High concentration of deaths along I-35.

Furlock Bones
AG
there's another chart floating on the coronavirus special forum showing that currently Hispanic and Black populations are getting absolutely hammered compared to non-hispanic whites when it comes to major issues and death.

sadly not surprising what we know about the general populations comorbidities and lack of access to healthcare.

i've finally come around to the idea that we need to figure out some sort of universal healthcare especially on the prevention front.
tailgatetimer10
AG
This is available on the Travis Co dashboard... This has been true for quite some time.
fig96
AG
Furlock Bones said:

there's another chart floating on the coronavirus special forum showing that currently Hispanic and Black populations are getting absolutely hammered compared to non-hispanic whites when it comes to major issues and death.

sadly not surprising what we know about the general populations comorbidities and lack of access to healthcare.

i've finally come around to the idea that we need to figure out some sort of universal healthcare especially on the prevention front.
I feel like a pandemic combined with skyrocketing unemployment has pretty clearly illustrated that healthcare tied to employment has some major shortcomings.

I don't know what that exact solution is, but I'm hopeful that we'll make some progress there moving forward.
wadd96
AG
Turner and Hidalgo in Houston/Harris County pushing for a new lockdown. Expect Adler/Biscoe to follow.
All the God's, all the Heavens, all the Hells are within you.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.