Austin
Sponsored by

AISD update

1,448 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by 512Ag
cityagboy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://www.kvue.com/mobile/article/news/local/austin-isd-blended-learning-approach-fall-2020/269-012461b3-510b-4210-b9bf-66d271be5f2f
BTHOB-98
The will have a class action lawsuit over property taxes if they do this. Half as much classroom and taxes are out of control. It could get very ugly.
cityagboy
AG
BTHOB-98 said:

The will have a class action lawsuit over property taxes if they do this. Half as much classroom and taxes are out of control. It could get very ugly.
my concern is about the kids at this point

But yeah my property taxes are absurd
austinag1997
AG
I don't know how any of you live in the COA and subject yourselves to that City Council.
cityagboy
AG
austinag1997 said:

I don't know how any of you live in the COA and subject yourselves to that City Council.
I love Austin and I abhor HOA's and all the Karen's in the burbs. Don't have MUD taxes here either. My dad pays more "taxes" in Georgetown between property taxes, MUD fees and HOA fees. His neighbors are also a bunch of Karen's.
512Ag
AG
It's almost as if the folks in AISD central office have forgotten how kids operate in school. There's a 0% chance of social distancing working at any level. I can maybe see middle school and high school kids wearing masks, but elementary kids? Yeah right. Maybe face shields would work for little kids, but I doubt even that would be viable. And as for this blended learning thing -- how are working parents supposed to make that happen? It's ridiculous. Either open up the schools or don't. This half way stuff isn't going to do it.

(This from a mask-wearing, non-restaurant-going, social distancing person)
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.