Rain total shout out

53,048 Views | 429 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by jello123
MiMi
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
3.6" in Castlegate
Brazos1865
AG
We're a little farther south from there, and we got almost 3". The rain came from the north/west. You should have gotten about the same, maybe.
Rockdoc
AG
2.5" off Greens Prairie
BCSWguru
4 inches in town
histag10
AG
There are 3 about the same distance from my house. Two are about 100 yds apart, and the 3rd is less than .25 mile from my house. One says .45", the other says 2.12". The one less than .25 mile from my house is over 3".

I know a few people here live pretty close to me.
histag10
AG
Thanks!
AggieAces06
AG
histag10 said:

There are 3 about the same distance from my house. Two are about 100 yds apart, and the 3rd is less than .25 mile from my house. One says .45", the other says 2.12". The one less than .25 mile from my house is over 3".

I know a few people here live pretty close to me.

Look at how the precipitation is measured. Some reset at midnight, some are hourly, some are a running 24 hour total. It just depends on how the owner sets it up.

I'm lucky that someone down the street from me has one and they have it set to reset at midnight. So it's usually easy to know how much rain we've had in one day. Gets a little tricky when it's raining all night.
SPI-FlatsCatter 84
AG
1.2" Traditions yesterday
AG
2.7 inches Williams Creek
scd88
AG
More today. Man, I don't remember the last time we had a July like this.
maroon barchetta
2" in the south half of the county
JMac03
AG
Mine had over 5.5" in it BUT it didn't get emptied since 7/19, so not sure how much was there. But I know we had a lot cause my yard was flooded.
maroon barchetta
We had 3" last Thursday morning at our house. Yours maybe still had some of that?
doubledog
scd88 said:

Damn you climate change... Make up your mind..
JMac03
AG
maroon barchetta said:

We had 3" last Thursday morning at our house. Yours maybe still had some of that?

I would assume so, whatever hadn't evaporated
TyHolden
AG
me getting ready for today....

scd88
AG
Haha. That's awesome.
oklaunion
scd88 said:

I think 3 years ago we didn't get our first hay cut until the 20th of July due to rain every few days during May, June and the first part of July. But that year it was little disturbances coming off the Pacific and they were calling those storms every 4-5 days from aways out. It doesn't happen very often
Crawdaddy
AG
Didn't hit 100 that year either!
MiMi
S
In Castlegate. Had 3 inches in my rain gauge from yesterday's rain. Emptied it late this morning. Just checked and had 3.75 inches from today's rain. The lake at Castlegate Dr and Victoria was way over its (man made) bank and the spillways were spilling over generously all afternoon. The ground is so saturated right now. And there is more rain in the forecast.
FlyRod
Glad others are noting saturated ground and heavy amounts. My yard is flooded and I was paranoid I had yet another old water line break.
maroon barchetta
Another 2" in the south half of the county.
Hornbeck
AG
1.5" off Fitch. Pool is good and full.
Mathguy64
AG
I just emptied 3" out of the gauge in Copperfield.
jello123
4" at Lyons on Tuesday 7/23/24. Luckily Somerville Lake is just shy of 2ft above normal pool stage. https://www.waterdatafortexas.org/reservoirs/individual/somerville
JMac03
AG
1.5" south cs for yesterday.
gigem92
AG
Yet on my walk this morning in Castlegate I saw at least 3 houses with their sprinklers running.
dubi
AG
.9" yesterday just south of campus and 9.18" so far for July per my weather station.
Independence H-D
I need a break in the weather today and tomorrow morning. Gotta get my driveway poured. I'm so sick of mud.

Then, rain on!
scd88
AG
Independence H-D said:

I need a break in the weather today and tomorrow morning. Gotta get my driveway poured. I'm so sick of mud.

Then, rain on!

Yikes. For most of us, this a perfect rain - steady without any extracurricular activities like high winds and/or hail. For you, you, I would imagine today has not gone well...
KidDoc
AG
scd88 said:

2010 I believe.

Yup-- although June was even more rain that year.

Monthly Rainfall History (1968-current) | Weather (tamu.edu)

2010 11 inches June 7 inches July

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
dubi
AG
.91" today and 10.09" cumulative for July.
Independence H-D
scd88 said:

Independence H-D said:

Then, rain on!

Yikes. For most of us, this a perfect rain - steady without any extracurricular activities like high winds and/or hail. For you, you, I would imagine today has not gone well...

The dome has held out fairly well yesterday and this morning. Still going to be too wet until next week. FML. My life is mud.
scd88
AG
This goes through Sunday so....
Hornbeck
AG
About a half an inch off Fitch

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.