Rain total shout out

29,283 Views | 257 Replies | Last: 7 days ago by FlyRod
dubi
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
1.3" this am
JMac03
AG
1.5" when I left for work this morning about 8:15AM. I dumped it last night, so it doesn't include prior to 10PM.
Jimmy Conway
Are we still thinking all this rain is normal Texas April May June weather? No I'm not trying to stir up a debate but I've been in BCS for 40 years and I honestly do not remember a stretch like this ever or even close really. Anyone got 2-3 mth data for past years to compare rain totals?
dubi
AG
Jimmy Conway said:

Are we still thinking all this rain is normal Texas April May June weather? No I'm not trying to stir up a debate but I've been in BCS for 40 years and I honestly do not remember a stretch like this ever or even close really. Anyone got 2-3 mth data for past years to compare rain totals?
A few years ago it stayed cool and rainy through June; I didn't turn my sprinkler on until July.

Enjoy!
EliteElectric
dubi said:

Jimmy Conway said:

A few years ago it stayed cool and rainy through June; I didn't turn my sprinkler on until July.

Enjoy!
^^ This
FlyRod
I don't know about "normal," but Max Crawford provided a pretty good explanation: the heat dome over Mexico has been directing storm traffic right to us.

That's about to change, for better or worse apparently.

But any chance to hold off the searing heat a little longer is good.
histag10
AG
FlyRod said:

I don't know about "normal," but Max Crawford provided a pretty good explanation: the heat dome over Mexico has been directing storm traffic right to us.

We haven't hit searing heat yet? It's been near 100 several times already
Invictibus12
AG
Here you are, this data is specific for College Station.
Invictibus12
AG
https://imgur.com/a/OWWCJ02
Invictibus12
AG
Some things that stand out on the infographics is how mild a summer 2020 & 2021 were, and the shear rainfall that fell 2015-2018, refilling the highland lakes as well as Somerville after the severe drought that preceded.
maroon barchetta
FlyRod said:

Amen

Or, A&M

However you want to say it.
toolshed
AG
I know last year seemed similar in my recollection. We started a house in June and the ground was so saturated it was like driving a skid steer across a waterbed when we built the pad. We stuck several dump trucks at the beginning, then just started dumping out front and carting dirt in one bucket at a time.

Looks like according to the graph above last year and three years ago were wet. If I'm reading it correctly on my phone.
davido
AG
dubi said:

Enjoy!

A decade-ish ago, but yes, it's great. 75* out last night north of town. We had first-timers in that summer and in the fall they mentioned, "that wasn't so bad" and I had to explain that it was a very mild summer. The regular rain seems to make a huge impact on the concrete heat overnight especially. By knocking that down, at least there is a little reprieve, even if the days are still hot.
maroon barchetta
1.3" in southern part of the county yesterday morning.
doubledog
FlyRod said:

Max gives us the weather, without the attitude. I appreciate that.
Hornbeck
AG
He gives us the weather without making us feel bad for driving a car that burns gas….
FlyRod
If you let a weatherman make you feel bad about anything, you're too sensitive a soul.

Change is good though, Max is doing fine.
scd88
AG
Nice morning rain in CS off of Munson and Francis. I wasn't expecting anything today.

Looking at the radar, it looks like the meat of this front is coming at us. However, it could end up being a glancing blow and shear off to the southeast. Weird pattern but that could be a result of that Mexican heat dome.
Independence H-D
Didn't see this in the forecast. Was planning on mowing this morning.

Don't think the dome saw this coming either.
dubi
AG
scd88 said:

Nice morning rain in CS off of Munson and Francis. I wasn't expecting anything today.

Looking at the radar, it looks like the meat of this front is coming at us. However, it could end up being a glancing blow and shear off to the southeast. Weird pattern but that could be a result of that Mexican heat dome.
I'd like a nice and slow 1/2" of rain to put off watering again!
JMac03
AG
I certainly wasn't expecting rain today. But I'll take it!
doubledog
This day's unexpected rain, once again teaches us the difference between weather and climate. A lesson well learned.
maroon barchetta
JMac03 said:

This didn't show up in the forecast I checked yesterday.
dubi
AG
JMac03 said:

.63" so far at our house and I'm happy for the rain!
lawless89
Did a high speed mow and quick fertilizer at 7AM this morning as it was rolling in!
AggieAces06
AG
maroon barchetta said:

JMac03 said:

This didn't show up in the forecast I checked yesterday.

Before I went to bed the forecast popped up a chance at 4am. I guess the front was just a little behind.
FlyRod
Every little bit helps before the Great Drying begins.
Hornbeck
AG
FlyRod said:

Every little bit helps before the Great Drying begins.

Yes. The panicked water restrictions are coming soon.
dilben
AG
michellecan
1/2" at Rudder Pointe
dubi
AG
.8" just south of the campus.
maroon barchetta
0.7" south of town but it rained sideways at times so probably more than that.
dilben
AG
0.9 Williams Creek
JMac03
AG
Just under an inch near Lowe's.
FlyRod
Avery Tomasco, the Max of Austin, posted that something will be brewing in the Gulf next week that likely will send a LOT of water our way, even if it doesn't become a named storm. Tuesday looks like the start of it.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.