Koppe Bridge

23,577 Views | 133 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by maddiedou
australopithecus robustus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
LB12Diamond said:

Is Burger Mojo worth checking out?

Burger Mojo does smashburgers and is drive thru and quick service. A different model/product than all of the more classic "sit down" burgers listed. It's more of a whataburger model and is much better than whataburger.
woodiewood1
halibut sinclair said:

birdman said:

I think Koppe makes a very good burger but it is not exceptional. Their fries are world class though.
Their fries are not good. Always soggy.
I think Koppe Bridge has gone down in quality the past few years. The last time we went there the fries were small cold pieces. I took the back and asked about it and the gal just looked at me and said, I guess that is what was cooked. She then just went about other things. Haven't been back.
TXAG 05
AG
LB12Diamond said:

Does any place make a good hickory burger?

My hometown diner had the best hickory burger growing up. Curly fries and this crazy drink called a Newton.

You mean a burger with bbq sauce? Pretty much everyone has one of those.
A Net Full of Jello
AG
LB12Diamond said:

I thought Burger Mojo was very overrated and extremely expensive for what you are going to get. $7.98 for a regular small cheeseburger by itself with no fries is ridiculous when you can get a half pound burger and fries for $8.95 at Koppe Bridge - correction, their online menu is old and it is now $12 and change. You can get a Whataburger with cheese, fries, and a drink for $9.40. Heck, I could go sit down at Harvey Washbangers and have their Banger Burger with fries for $11.49 which, again, would be less than a Burger Mojo quarter pound burger and fries (fries and a drink added to your burger are $6.26). Not sure why I'd go to Burger Mojo when the burger was no better than what I would describe as "decent" and at a price that is just too much.

Edited thanks to tu ag.
tu ag
AG
Koppe Bridge 1/2 lb burger basket it almost $12. You must be looking at an old menu.
A Net Full of Jello
AG
Would you look at that! You might be right. I just found it online. I think I was also looking at an older menu of Burger Mojo because when I went to the specific location (Holleman) menu, it was different than the one I was originally looking at. I do still think Burger Mojo is a lot of money for what you get.
Uncle Bug
AG
Regarding Burger Mojo, my best positive-slanted review would be, "If you have the extra walking-around money and you like a wad of grease and dough, it should do the trick."

Aside, I have been pleasantly surprised at the burgers from Buffalo Wild Wings. I think it was "The All-American Burger."
Mongolian Christmas
Flour breaded catfish
Costa and Andreas
A Net Full of Jello said:

LB12Diamond said:

I thought Burger Mojo was very overrated and extremely expensive for what you are going to get. $7.98 for a regular small cheeseburger by itself with no fries is ridiculous when you can get a half pound burger and fries for $8.95 at Koppe Bridge - correction, their online menu is old and it is now $12 and change. You can get a Whataburger with cheese, fries, and a drink for $9.40. Heck, I could go sit down at Harvey Washbangers and have their Banger Burger with fries for $11.49 which, again, would be less than a Burger Mojo quarter pound burger and fries (fries and a drink added to your burger are $6.26). Not sure why I'd go to Burger Mojo when the burger was no better than what I would describe as "decent" and at a price that is just too much.

Edited thanks to tu ag.

For the record the patties at Burger Mojo are 6.5 oz unless you get the Thrift Shop, which is 4 oz and priced at $5.98. The Thrift Shop is $2.98 on Tuesdays and the ingredients at Burger Mojo are much higher quality than Whataburger.

If you are looking for a high quality 3/4 lb burger and are willing to pay $11 and change you should try the SmashBeast with quadruple cheese.

A Net Full of Jello
AG
Good to know.

Now, what would it take to get that queso guac that La Bodega used to have and a strawberry tart? Asking for me.
EliteElectric
Uncle Bug said:

Regarding Burger Mojo, my best positive-slanted review would be, "If you have the extra walking-around money and you like a wad of grease and dough, it should do the trick."

Fairly regular Burger Mojo partaker here and unashamedly so. I like that they have a wide bandwidth of burgers so I can fit my food to my mood.
Costa and Andreas

Good to know.

Now, what would it take to get that queso guac that La Bodega used to have and a strawberry tart? Asking for me.

We've had the strawberry tart again at both mojos locations for many months. So, they're available. I keep telling people to buy them as you can if you want to see them stick around. They require a lot of overhead. We need to sell 48/day to justify their existence…..

La Bodega 2.0 is a possibility that's now closer than ever….
KC_Ag14
AG
Costa and Andreas said:

Good to know.

We've had the strawberry tart again at both mojos locations for many months. So, they're available. I keep telling people to buy them as you can if you want to see them stick around. They require a lot of overhead. We need to sell 48/day to justify their existence…..

Shinerita's and fish tacos!?!
Costa and Andreas
Feed the Studs said:

Costa and Andreas said:

Good to know.

Shinerita's and fish tacos!?!

Been tossing around menu ideas with some Baja classics and also new stuff. Definitely wanna bring jicama slaw to the party as well.
BCS-Ag
Is online ordering available at the south burger mojo location yet?
MyNameIsJeff
AG
Had Koppe Bridge (Harvey location) for lunch today. The burger patty was smaller in diameter but thicker than I remember. I thought it was great. Fries were good, too, although a little soggy due to being takeout and the moisture accumulating in the to go box.
oklaunion
Their fries are soggy even if you dine in. Did it Saturday in fact.
PerdidoKey2030
AG
Costa and Andreas said:

LB12Diamond said:

Edited thanks to tu ag.

For the record the patties at Burger Mojo are 6.5 oz unless you get the Thrift Shop, which is 4 oz and priced at $5.98. The Thrift Shop is $2.98 on Tuesdays and the ingredients at Burger Mojo are much higher quality than Whataburger.

If you are looking for a high quality 3/4 lb burger and are willing to pay $11 and change you should try the SmashBeast with quadruple cheese.

Burger Mojo - The best queso cheese fries anywhere. Try them first before stating Tijana Fries are better...not at $10 for the small... Burger Mojo less than $5 for the WIN!
A Net Full of Jello
AG
While we are on the Burger Mojo topic, what's with the "secret menu?" I don't get why restaurants do this, especially when that "secret menu" is posted on the website anyway.
Costa and Andreas

While we are on the Burger Mojo topic, what's with the "secret menu?" I don't get why restaurants do this, especially when that "secret menu" is posted on the website anyway.

For us, there are a couple reasons. Firstly, our ongoing menu engineering always contemplates periodic product mixes. When certain items aren't selling well enough they will get pulled on the next menu iteration to make room for new products to help bring more parity to the menu. Those pulled items often have a small cult following and consequently get moved to "secret menu". We want to continue to say yes to our customers as much as we can and that's the medium we use to do that.

The other reason is because we try to keep the physical menu as concise and uncluttered as possible for the customer experience to function efficiently. Particularly in a drive thru model this is vital. For the customer to have their cake and eat it too, we put the secret menu on the internet as it has endless space and the customer has more time for perusal.
FlyRod
Had a bison burger at Marfa's Kitchen last week that was easily in the top 10 burgers I've eaten in and around BCS.
johnnyblaze36
AG
Thisguy1 said:

I've lived in Bryan my entire life outside of 4 years of college. Never heard of Margie's before this thread so we went last night to try it out. Really cool little spot and really good burgers. Appreciate the recommendation from everyone.
I've been back for ten years now and hadn't ever heard of this place either until seeing this thread a week ago despite it being just across and down from the String and Horn Shop I've gone to every week for 4 years now.

Got the Sexy Pimp and tots. Definitely found it delicious while completely destroying my diet and I'll be back.

Haven't been to Koppe in quite sometime but pretty disappointing to hear the consensus that it has gone downhill.
MyNameIsJeff
AG
FlyRod said:

Had a bison burger at Marfa's Kitchen last week that was easily in the top 10 burgers I've eaten in and around BCS.
Yes. That's a great burger.

Chimy's also has a fantastic burger that I don't recall having been mentioned in this thread yet.
docb
AG
I went there for the first time yesterday. Chicken fried steak was almost inedible.
RespectTheDecision
AG
We loved Koppe Bridge and rated it as #1 burger in town. Probably around 7 or 8 months ago the meat tasted different. We went one or two more times and the burger just wasn't good anymore. Very sad. We haven't gone since. I don't even think it's top 10 nowadays.
Tailgate88
AG
docb said:

I went there for the first time yesterday. Chicken fried steak was almost inedible.

Where?
docb
AG
Tailgate88 said:

docb said:

Where?

Koppe Bridge. Meat was very thin and the batter stuck out about 3 inches from where the meat started.
letterman72
AG
Margie's started out as Opersteny's. It was a beer joint (50's-70'ish) in the same location. They served burgers like most joints did back when I was younger. The burgers soon became as popular as the beer. The original Opersteny burger consisted of only a meat patty, bun, dill pickles, onions, and mustard. That's it. I think they still offer that original burger. If I remember correctly, Margie was somehow tied to the Opersteny family. Maybe a son in law's wife? Not sure. The newest owners kept the name "Margies"
BluHorseShu
AG
Costa and Andreas said:

Good to know.

Hope this last part it true. I miss the old school stuff.
Costa and Andreas
BluHorseShu said:

Costa and Andreas said:

Good to know.

Hope this last part it true. I miss the old school stuff.

It's true. Not quite inked, but very close. Just went to legal.
phatpat21
Strawberry Tarts are the best dessert in this town, hands down
In fact will go get one tomorrow for me and the wife!

I replied to another thread but it really sucks seeing all the Koppe Bridge Slander. It used to be one of our favorite spots to visit, the kids love it too. What in the world happened?
aggies4life
AG
Awesome!!! When do we get to hear the plans for the old ozona building?
PS3D

LB12Diamond said:

Edited thanks to tu ag.
Whataburger has real soft drinks compared to Boot(leg)s Soda but the service at Whataburger is lousy. They'll hold your food until 3-5 other orders are done and super-slow, which your food has already gone cold. And they add too much mustard as usual.

Despite the soft drink issue and the fact that you have to eat the fries at Burger Mojo fast, I'll take it over Waitaburger any day.
Texasclipper
AG
What's wrong with Boots Soda? Not enough high fructose corn syrup?
chickencoupe16
AG
As someone that almost always gets water at restaurants (and home) when I want a soft drink, I want the real thing, not a lousy knock off. There is a reason Dr. Pepper and Coke are popular: they taste delicious.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.