Koppe Bridge

23,578 Views | 133 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by maddiedou
PS3D
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I don't like generic soft drinks. If you like store-brand cola and "Dr Zipper" or whatever, more power to you, but I don't.
Texasclipper
AG
PS3D said:

I don't like generic soft drinks. If you like store-brand cola and "Dr Zipper" or whatever, more power to you, but I don't.
Boots is a craft soda, or at least they market themselves that way. Its supposed to be higher end than your typical Dr. Pepper or Coke and certainly not the equivalent of generic Big K or Dr. Thunder. I'm pretty sure the restaurants that serve it are paying more for it than regular Coke.

Do you you consider Sprechers and Stewarts to be generic soda too?
tu ag
AG
I gave up sodas a while back, but Boots is not good. In fact, I can't stand any of the flavors they have (at least years ago when I last tried them).

I'd rather the HEB generic out of can even. Boots is terrible. Just terrible.
Texasclipper
AG
I liked their cola and root beer ok. But I agree HEB pure cane sugar soda in a bottle is superior in every way.
KC_Ag14
AG
KC_Ag14 said:

ChampsAg said:

Koppe Bridge has been the most overrated burger in this town for fifteen years. I have literally had friends not talk to me for saying it.

Top of the Hill is the best burger in the Brazos Valley in my humble opionion.

The Edge Country Store makes a hell of a burger and I've heard that Joe's is pretty good too but I have yet to try it.

I went to Margie's too long ago to remember how they are.

Carter burger and Texas burger in Wellborn are decent.

Washbangers is the C&J of burgers to me. good in a pinch but not my favorite. Them not having American cheese is a negative for me.

Ironically enough, C&J's BURGERS are still one of the best kept secrets in town. Thank me later.

C&J's burger ftw.
davido
AG
Texasclipper said:

I'm pretty sure the restaurants that serve it are paying more for it than regular Coke.

Surely that's not true, is it? Anyone know for sure?
UmustBKidding
Friend in restaurant business for many years discussed this explicitly. Coke far and away most expensive. Pepsi he said used to be half what coke was at hos tier but seemed to be moving up in price. Boots was far less than pepsi. Another told me that switching to boots had other benefits, don't know what those could be.
If you want to sell boots, fine, i understand your priority is money in your pocket and im drinking water. But when you serve boots when a customer asks for a coke product and double down and that its coke when it tastes funny, and refuse to take it off the bill when ask for just water once you admit its boots, prepare for retaliation. Seen it happen at a snooty place in a shopping center that charges for parking. That big Atlanta company legal department seemed totally pissed.
Have also seen unhappy people order a call drink containing coke when it arrives mixed with boots.
Independence H-D
Boots is owned by Mark Kristen of Kristen Distributing (Miller, etc).

I'm sure there are some back end deals.
Texasclipper
AG
Wow, learned something there. Boots really is Big K marketed as craft. It still tastes better than Pepsi.
halibut sinclair
I must be the only one who never drinks sodas. Water, unsweet tea or a beer for me, please.
davido
AG
KC_Ag14 said:

C&J's burger ftw.

Finally tried one. That is a tasty burger. I did not have Boots but another tasty beverage to wash it down with. Kudos on the reco.

UmustBKidding said:

Friend in restaurant business for many years discussed this explicitly. Coke far and away most expensive. Pepsi he said used to be half what coke was at hos tier but seemed to be moving up in price. Boots was far less than pepsi. Another told me that switching to boots had other benefits, don't know what those could be.

Other benefits for non-Coke brands that don't bring the premium includes free equipment, setup, service, etc. Breaks down to more attention and better margins.
EliteElectric
Had a burger at Angry Elephant Bryan Sunday night. Pretty solid, it's in the top 3 or so in BCS IMHO
A Net Full of Jello
AG
halibut sinclair said:

I must be the only one who never drinks sodas. Water, unsweet tea or a beer for me, please.
I'm extremely health conscious. I'll take mustard instead of mayonnaise on my bacon cheeseburger, for example. I always ask them to leave the ranch off my bacon cheese fries with extra jalapenos, as well. And, as a health nut, I usually only drink diet sodas. Dr Pepper Zero is the hands-down superior diet beverage and it isn't even close, but I have yet to find it available in a fountain. I usually have to settle for Diet Dr Pepper, which is the second-best of the diet beverages. However, if the fountain does not have Diet Dr Pepper, I can tell you I'd prefer Boots Skinny Cola, then Coke Zero, then Diet Coke, and then I'll pick something fully loaded before ever consuming the swill that is Diet Pepsi.
halibut sinclair
A Net Full of Jello said:

halibut sinclair said:

I'm extremely health conscious. I'll take mustard instead of mayonnaise on my bacon cheeseburger, for example. I always ask them to leave the ranch off my bacon cheese fries with extra jalapenos, as well. And, as a health nut, I usually only drink diet sodas. Dr Pepper Zero is the hands-down superior diet beverage and it isn't even close, but I have yet to find it available in a fountain. I usually have to settle for Diet Dr Pepper, which is the second-best of the diet beverages. However, if the fountain does not have Diet Dr Pepper, I can tell you I'd prefer Boots Skinny Cola, then Coke Zero, then Diet Coke, and then I'll pick something fully loaded before ever consuming the swill that is Diet Pepsi.

But those artificial sweeteners in that diet soda aren't very healthy.
The Anchor
AG
I think they are being sarcastic

Quote:

I always ask them to leave the ranch off my bacon cheese fries with extra jalapenos
trouble
AG
She would never!
halibut sinclair
The Anchor said:

I think they are being sarcastic

Quote:

I always ask them to leave the ranch off my bacon cheese fries with extra jalapenos

Thanks
Rex Racer
AG
EliteElectric said:

Had a burger at Angry Elephant Bryan Sunday night. Pretty solid, it's in the top 3 or so in BCS IMHO
Which of these three would you put below it?

• Top of the Hill
  • Harvey Washbanger's
  • Burger House

If you would put it above any of those three, then I simply HAVE to go try it out. I'm always on the lookout for a truly great burger, and so far, those are my top three in BCS. We have some really good burger options in this town, IMO.
texasaggie2015
AG
I've had it. It's nowhere close to Top of the Hill, Margie's or Edge. It's decent- but nowhere close to those.

Of course- that's just my opinion.
Rex Racer
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

I've had it. It's nowhere close to Top of the Hill, Margie's or Edge. It's decent- but nowhere close to those.

Of course- that's just my opinion.
And in my opinion, Margie's, although very good, is not close to the three that I listed. But that's what's great about having so many really good options.
texasaggie2015
AG
Yeah I get why people like HW- it's just not my style if that makes sense. I like a big ole greasy cheeseburger that shaves a good year off my life.
halibut sinclair
Top of the Hill and Margie's are the top 2 around here, no question. No sourdough, no potato bun, no fancy fixins. I want a greasy cheeseburger with mustard, pickles and onions. Maybe tomato. Sometimes jalapenos.
oklaunion
Texas Burger in Wellborn makes a fine burger.
FlyRod
The BWD food truck, another underrated excellent burger.
12thMan9
AG
And Whataburger still wins.
Ronnie '88
BiochemAg97
AG

halibut sinclair said:

Buc-ees has Dr Pepper zero in the fountain, so it exists. But I haven't seen it anywhere else.
EliteElectric
Rex Racer said:

EliteElectric said:

• Top of the Hill
  • Harvey Washbanger's
  • Burger House

If you would put it above any of those three, then I simply HAVE to go try it out. I'm always on the lookout for a truly great burger, and so far, those are my top three in BCS. We have some really good burger options in this town, IMO.
IMO none of those are top 3. I'd put Joe's Place, Angry Elephant and Shipwreck grill above all 3 of those.
Rex Racer
AG
EliteElectric said:

Rex Racer said:

EliteElectric said:

• Top of the Hill
  • Harvey Washbanger's
  • Burger House

IMO none of those are top 3. I'd put Joe's Place, Angry Elephant and Shipwreck grill above all 3 of those.

Thanks for the recommendations! I need to give them a try.
maddiedou
AG
BiochemAg97 said:

halibut sinclair said:

Buc-ees has Dr Pepper zero in the fountain, so it exists. But I haven't seen it anywhere else.

Circle K. Rock prairie
maddiedou

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.