Koppe Bridge

23,596 Views | 133 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by maddiedou
halibut sinclair
How long do you want to ignore this user?
java94 said:

In my opinion, Shipwreck Grill has one of the best burgers in town. I have always liked Koppe Bridge, but last time I had their burger it was very bland. Shipwreck is much better!

Don't care for Shipwreck's buns. The C&J burger is very good.
hereford
AG
I've tried every burger place thatC&J's has been discussed in this thread except C&J's and the Edge Store I honestly didn't even know C&J's had a burger. Top of the Hill is top of the list for me with Koppe Bridge and Margie's tied for 2nd. I've eaten at both Margie's and Koppe Bridge in the last week and both were really good. I do agree that Koppe Bridge has suffered from siggy buns in the past but the last time I ate there it was a better experience.. I have never had a bad expereience with the french fries at Koppe Bridge but I'm sure other have.

I'm going to try the new burger place in Navasota in the next week. Hopefully it will be acceptable to this crowd although that is a high bar to get over.
Rossy
Sweet Kitten Feet said:

Their Texas toothpicks definitely suck now
I was going to say this, I may never go back.
MyNameIsJeff
AG
Which Koppe Bridge is everyone referring to? Is there any quality difference between the two?

I haven't been to the one on Wellborn for some time.
halibut sinclair
hereford said:

I've tried every burger place thatC&J's has been discussed in this thread except C&J's and the Edge Store I honestly didn't even know C&J's had a burger. Top of the Hill is top of the list for me with Koppe Bridge and Margie's tied for 2nd. I've eaten at both Margie's and Koppe Bridge in the last week and both were really good. I do agree that Koppe Bridge has suffered from siggy buns in the past but the last time I ate there it was a better experience.. I have never had a bad expereience with the french fries at Koppe Bridge but I'm sure other have.

I'm going to try the new burger place in Navasota in the next week. Hopefully it will be acceptable to this crowd although that is a high bar to get over.
What's the new burger place in Navasota?
trouble
AG
We ordered the burger for my middle kid a while back because he didn't want BBQ and it's all he gets now. It's a great burger.
trouble
AG
Sweet Kitten Feet said:

Their Texas toothpicks definitely suck now

They should just take them off the menu like most places have done. The supplier nearly everyone in town got theirs from quit carrying them.

I have never liked koppe bridge's burger but they used to have a great cfs sandwich. Last time I had it, the quality was trash. KB is somewhere I only go if someone else insists on it.
EvenPar
AG
Royale with Cheese
EliteElectric
EvenPar said:

Royale with Cheese
Look at the big brain on Brad
EBrazosAg
AG
Quit the one on Harvey Rd 4 yr ago. Drive past it for almost every burger I eat. Too inconsistent, too many cold hard buns and cold cheese on my burger. Just better options abound….
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Slicer97
AG
maroon barchetta said:

Them not having American cheese is doing you a favor. You can opt for actual delicious cheese instead.
Another demonstration that opinions can, in fact, be wrong.

Top of the Hill is pretty good, but it was even better back when it was Griffin's (mid-90s). The last time I had Koppe Bridge, probably 2-3 years ago, it was pretty dry. Like they were using 85 or 90 percent lean.
Counterpoint
AG
I wish Top of the Hill was open later, but I get it. But why not close earlier than 4 if they don't want to have dinner customers? Is there still a lot of lunch business between 1-4pm?
milner79
In 2022 - just about this time of year - I conducted a taste test at four of the burger places already mentioned in this thread.

The results of the test, complete with pictures, are on Page 3 of the thread at this link:

https://texags.com/forums/35/topics/3230406/replies/61339313

To whet your appetite ...

maroon barchetta
Slicer97 said:

maroon barchetta said:

Them not having American cheese is doing you a favor. You can opt for actual delicious cheese instead.
Another demonstration that opinions can, in fact, be wrong.

Top of the Hill is pretty good, but it was even better back when it was Griffin's (mid-90s). The last time I had Koppe Bridge, probably 2-3 years ago, it was pretty dry. Like they were using 85 or 90 percent lean.

Are you agreeing with me that American cheese is trash?
trouble
AG
oh no, that redneck likes American cheese
jphil1
AG
it was better when it was the "Peanut Gallery"
JeepWaveEarl
AG
city creek burger co. navasota menu https://g.co/kgs/vmqKZJP
agcot12
AG
Agree with Top of the Hill as one of the best... In south College Station, I think Mooyah Burgers puts out a great burger for a reasonable price. For a couple bucks more than Whataburger, you can have a burger that's 10 times better right next door.
Thisguy1
I've lived in Bryan my entire life outside of 4 years of college. Never heard of Margie's before this thread so we went last night to try it out. Really cool little spot and really good burgers. Appreciate the recommendation from everyone.
Psychag
AG
Tried a burger at Joe's Place. Very tasty.
halibut sinclair
Thisguy1 said:

I've lived in Bryan my entire life outside of 4 years of college. Never heard of Margie's before this thread so we went last night to try it out. Really cool little spot and really good burgers. Appreciate the recommendation from everyone.

You need to get out more.
Thisguy1
I feel like a lot of stuff down there is pretty unknown because usually stuff is always opening and closing. Heck, we used to be Casa Rod regulars after church on Sundays back when it was good and didn't take 2 hours and this was place was right around the corner. We were even First Friday regulars for a while. Papa Perez for dinner and walking around down there afterwards. I guess we just never walked all the way down there.

I'm just surprised nobody has mentioned it to me before. The 3 people with me are the same way. Born and raised here and never heard of it.
BurnetAggie99
All the classic burger heavy hitters been mentioned already. One place I found that was unknown to me was The Crown Bar. They make a really good burger there.
WolfCall
AG
Not here but in Jacksboro, Texas: Herd's Burgers. We always stop there when we are driving through.

https://www.facebook.com/Herdburgers/

https://thetexasbucketlist.com/2018/05/the-texas-bucket-list-herds-burgers-in-jacksboro/
Texas Bucket List Herd's Burgers
Independence H-D
Margie's.....

This is the in-between Burger

AgTrip
Independence H-D said:

Margie's.....

I had that Saturday and thought of this thread!
YellowPot_97
AG
Charliemac was in the running for best in town as well. But then he got so busy he went back to selling real estate. I cry a little every time I drive down 6 and see the greasy spot where his trailer was.
Smeghead4761
AgTrip said:

Independence H-D said:

Margie's.....

I had that Saturday and thought of this thread!
I wanted to go there Saturday, but saw online that they close at 5 pm on Saturdays. Is that true?

(I work nights, so going for lunch ain't happening.)
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
agcot12 said:

Agree with Top of the Hill as one of the best... In south College Station, I think Mooyah Burgers puts out a great burger for a reasonable price. For a couple bucks more than Whataburger, you can have a burger that's 10 times better right next door.

I always forget about Mooyah but they actually do have the best burger south of Holleman and it's really not even close. My only gripe with them is the single patty burgers are a tad on the small side.
LB12Diamond
AG
Does any place make a good hickory burger?

My hometown diner had the best hickory burger growing up. Curly fries and this crazy drink called a Newton.
BurnetAggie99
LB12Diamond said:

Does any place make a good hickory burger?

My hometown diner had the best hickory burger growing up. Curly fries and this crazy drink called a Newton.

If your in Austin Dan's has a great burgers & you can order a Hickory burger
LB12Diamond
AG
Is Burger Mojo worth checking out?
maroon barchetta
Yes
PS3D
If there was one thing about the garbage fire that is the Austin area that I do miss, it was P. Terry's. They'd clean up if they moved to Jones Crossing.
Texasclipper
AG
LB12Diamond said:

Is Burger Mojo worth checking out?
It's fine but there are better choices. Does the job in a pinch.

I've had some good burgers at Grub Burger too, but some of those listed here are better. Grub has adult beverages to go with the burgers.

My wife loves Koppe Bridge burgers but I think there is emotion attached to that from when she was a student. They aren't bad, but there are better choices.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.