USPS Issues?

16,254 Views | 142 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by dallasiteinsa02
Muzzleblast
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm still waiting on a package that stopped moving on 9 January in Houston.
Here's who you contact.

USPS Consumer and Industry Contact Office
4600 Aldine Bender Rd., Rm 700 North Houston, TX 77315-0700
(713) 226-3442 or (800) ASK-USPS (800-275-8777)
befitter
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Boro Ag 2000 said:

I mailed a package (USPS Priority) from Wellborn on Jan 11 with expected delivery to Richmond, TX on Jan 13. It finally showed up yesterday (Jan 25). Two weeks later…

I was sending my son's baseball glove in to have some work done on it. Nothing like delaying the expected turnaround by 12 days.
I would drive to Richmond to pick it up if you want it in time for baseball season.
robcovol
How long do you want to ignore this user?
What annoys me is a package that arrives in Dallas almost always goes to Houston. I live just south of Waco. Why?
befitter
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Amazon notified me today...thanking me for returning my item I ordered. I didn't return it. It never arrived.
trouble
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Package that had been sitting in Las Vegas since 12/30 finally showed up today.
phillytex24
How long do you want to ignore this user?
2015 was the last year where I got my mail and Amazon quickly. I refuse to shop online anymore.
BMo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
We received some backed-up shipments this weekend.
MsDoubleD81
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My latest Amazon went from Humble to Dallas 75262. When I ordered on Saturday, it gave me a delivery date of Thursday.

When it changed to Dallas, delivery date changed to tomorrow. Wonder if Amazon just sent it from a different distribution center?
Muzzleblast
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I got a text alert that my package that hasn't moved since 9 January moved to the same N Houston terminal that it's been stuck in.
On and on it goes.
Anna Molly
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I've had meal kits delivered by random people in private vehicles (used to be FedEx or another "official" delivery service). Today I saw a car driving verrry slowly down my street. I stopped and asked if they needed help finding an address. Driver said no, they were delivering packages and indeed the car had several packages (kind of jumbled all over the front passenger seat).

I would not be surprised if USPS is using whatever means it can to get packages delivered, BUT: I don't see how a person delivering packages that aren't organized at all is more efficient than subbing out to DHL or FedEx or UPS or something.
BiochemAg97
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anna Molly said:

I've had meal kits delivered by random people in private vehicles (used to be FedEx or another "official" delivery service). Today I saw a car driving verrry slowly down my street. I stopped and asked if they needed help finding an address. Driver said no, they were delivering packages and indeed the car had several packages (kind of jumbled all over the front passenger seat).

I would not be surprised if USPS is using whatever means it can to get packages delivered, BUT: I don't see how a person delivering packages that aren't organized at all is more efficient than subbing out to DHL or FedEx or UPS or something.


We had some packages delivered a week or so ago by a gal in a car with a rural postal route magnet on the side. We live in Bryan and our usual carrier drives a USPS truck. I thought that was interesting. Maybe drive into Bryan center to get mail/packages, might as well deliver a load of local packages before heading out to handle your regular route?

Interestingly, my wife was waiting for one more package identified as out for delivery that day. Around 6pm, USPS tracking was updated "delivery attempted" and the package and mail wasn't delivered until the next day.
Tailgate88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I had one like that a few months back. I work from home and I'm home all day with my garage door open, and my normal package guys (USPS, UPS, FedEx) all know to leave packages in the garage. Was waiting on an Amazon package and it wasn't in my regular mail delivery. Status changed to "Delivery attempted but door was inaccessible" or something like that. No car on my security camera, and I know it wasn't my normal delivery guy because he delivered another package to me that day.

Also occasionally have the private looking individual with their private vehicle pull in the driveway and deliver a package. No idea who they work for.
Muzzleblast
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm at my 3rd out for delivery notice.
Item shipped 5 January
Sweet Kitten Feet
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
This **** right here pisses me off to ne end. I paid for UPS shipping. Now they're handing it off ****ing USPS to get lost or take weeks to arrive.

BiochemAg97
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Sweet Kitten Feet said:

This **** right here pisses me off to ne end. I paid for UPS shipping. Now they're handing it off ****ing USPS to get lost or take weeks to arrive.




Vendor obviously paid for UPS Surepost rather than a higher level of UPS service.
GSS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
A "circular" pattern...while going nowhere. The "held at customers request" did NOT happen, nor did package movement.

Processing at Destination
Arrived at USPS Regional Destination Facility
NORTH HOUSTON TX DISTRIBUTION CENTER
January 31, 2024, 4:13 am

In Transit to Next Facility
January 30, 2024
Arrived at USPS Destination Facility
HOUSTON, TX 77032

January 28, 2024, 9:35 pm
Arrived at USPS Destination Facility
MISSOURI CITY, TX 77489

January 26, 2024, 2:54 am
Held at Post Office, At Customer Request
SOMERVILLE, TX 77879

January 25, 2024, 6:02 pm
Processing at USPS Facility
HOUSTON, TX 77063

January 25, 2024, 11:13 am
Arrived at Post Office
HOUSTON, TX 77063

January 25, 2024, 10:11 am
Arrived at USPS Regional Destination Facility
NORTH HOUSTON TX DISTRIBUTION CENTER
January 21, 2024, 4:29 pm
Muzzleblast
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Looks like some of my packages.
Muzzleblast
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Got my cigars after 26 days.
The text said it was left on my porch.
It was tossed on the side of the county road.
The box was open.
USPS sucks
Hornbeck
How long do you want to ignore this user?
That's gotta do wonders for cigars.
MiMi
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
I received a Christmas Card today that was mailed from Houston. It has two North Houston postmarks, Dec 23rd and Jan 29th.
L84Life
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I have a post office box in the main Bryan post office on WJB, and this week I have gotten mail 2 out of 4 days, and I should be getting mail every day based upon my mail history. It makes me wonder if they are not getting mail from the Houston facility.
BiochemAg97
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
L84Life said:

I have a post office box in the main Bryan post office on WJB, and this week I have gotten mail 2 out of 4 days, and I should be getting mail every day based upon my mail history. It makes me wonder if they are not getting mail from the Houston facility.


You may be right. I've had a few days where informed delivery has not had anything, which is unusual. I don't check my box daily so I don't know it is accurate.

Could be a new approach to a "more efficient" post office. Only deliver to half the addresses each day.
Smeghead4761
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Saw this KHOU story today on the North Houston facility: https://www.khou.com/article/news/local/houston-missouri-city-texas-usps-mail-delays/285-c3b30ce9-5c89-4fc6-a3ae-c39c4ebfc952

Apparently, they bought a new sorting machine, and took out two existing sorting machines to make room. Then the new machine was too big to fit in the building.

You'd think they'd have figured that out beforehand.
BCSWguru
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Had one marked as delivered again today and its nowhere to be found. Unreal.
woodiewood
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BiochemAg97 said:

L84Life said:

I have a post office box in the main Bryan post office on WJB, and this week I have gotten mail 2 out of 4 days, and I should be getting mail every day based upon my mail history. It makes me wonder if they are not getting mail from the Houston facility.


You may be right. I've had a few days where informed delivery has not had anything, which is unusual. I don't check my box daily so I don't know it is accurate.

Could be a new approach to a "more efficient" post office. Only deliver to half the addresses each day.
I seldom get mail on Mondays. During the week my mail is delivered about 8pm so I expect that they don't get to me on Mondays?

That's the first thing they should do is go to every other day delivery. M/W/F and T/T/Sat. Cuts down on # of employees and use of vehicles.. The instance or two a year, you really need something overnight, go USPS special delivery, UPS or FedEx.

Also close down some of the rural post offices. These days, do we really need 16 or17 post offices and dozen or so of other store locations to drop mail within 30 miles of BCS?

maroon barchetta
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The rural post offices are the best ones.

You obviously haven't had the chance to compare them to one of the large slow locations.
Hornbeck
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Wellborn PO >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>CS PO with 10,000 foreign grad students trying to ship a huge box back home.
doubledog
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I have the opposite situation... I cannot stop the USPS from delivering junk mail..
etj77845
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Well USPS isn't the only one!!!

For the 2nd month in a row FEDEX in S. Wellborn has had problems discriminating between ODD and EVEN house numbers. Sorta like an Easter Egg hunt and Christmas exchange looking for packages.

Oh well likely better than USPS.
histag10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
At least you get to know your neighbors, right?
Hornbeck
How long do you want to ignore this user?
histag10 said:

At least you get to know your neighbors, right?


I literally LOLed. Ours got delivered around the corner the other day to 407 ABC st, where was I'm 4407 XYZ Court.
Muzzleblast
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://www.khou.com/article/news/special-reports/postal-problems/houston-usps-postal-system-problems/285-9e9c2da0-dac7-4bf0-b7fa-0fb8277dcab0?fbclid=IwAR3JGTC4BBGVfyE12t8G0Bu4IlL3RmVA2R1x5RqVReNPWTKMS-XRhq_1BX0_aem_Aa6dxXlZYRtjlB9lOqwwXvyVynFARfr3BQoJGRQx9XURw4S5Nr1pF-vdOwgw46zx01k
etj77845
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Once again USPS proves to be 'worthless as female appendages on a boar hog". According to tracking for two days my drive has been blocked (lol). Tried to contact USPS direct, "system down for mant." Contacted shipper, the were able to get through. Package in on hold in BRYAN and will not try for delivery.

Now at 1630 today regular mail deliver as expected. Apparently, the package delivery folk are too darned lazy to do proper delivery and are just penciling delivery attempts to justify their pay.
13B
How long do you want to ignore this user?
etj77845 said:

Once again USPS proves to be 'worthless as female appendages on a boar hog". According to tracking for two days my drive has been blocked (lol). Tried to contact USPS direct, "system down for mant." Contacted shipper, the were able to get through. Package in on hold in BRYAN and will not try for delivery.

Now at 1630 today regular mail deliver as expected. Apparently, the package delivery folk are too darned lazy to do proper delivery and are just penciling delivery attempts to justify their pay.
Went today to complain about my mail being delivered to houses that aren't on my street nor even close to the same house number...complaint department is closed due to not having a supervisor. No replacement in sight.
Muzzleblast
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Same thing out here in Grimes County. Refused to deliver. I went to the N Zulch post office and told both of their DEI contractors that they were lazy.
They told me that they wouldn't talk to me any further.
USPS DGAF
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.