USPS Issues?

16,625 Views | 142 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by dallasiteinsa02
EMY92
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
halibut sinclair said:

I sent a package to Waco at the first of the year via USPS and it took over 2 weeks to get there.
I live in the Waco area (our mail is now sorted in DFW), we do not experience any of the issues I seen posted on the Aggleland board over the past year or two. I actually prefer the postal service over UPS for delivering packages to me. The post office is usually to my house by 5 pm, I've had UPS deliveries after 10 pm.
MsDoubleD81
AG
I never experienced issues when I lived in DFW. If I did, it was either minor or got resolved, but I just don't rememberanything. But we had individual mailboxes where you could get to know the carrier. Now, with the community ones, it's difficult.
Jbob04
AG
I had some supplements that sat in Houston for 12 days before finally getting them. Ridiculous
maroon barchetta
My health insurance carrier keeps pushing me to use Express Scripts if I need any kind of prescription.

No way.

Someone in the NW Houston or Fort Bend USPS centers has probably pulled enough drugs out of packages that they have a pharmacy in their house are selling them on the side for cash.
Muzzleblast
Today's USPS nonsense.
Everything was open. Nothing was blocked.
It was raining.
UPS delivered a huge box in the rain. Placed it where it wouldn't get wet.
trouble
AG
Meanwhile, my front sidewalk is underwater and my carrier brought 3 packages to my door.
MsDoubleD81
AG
I'd rather deal with Walgreens inadequacies than Express Scripts. There were a couple prescriptions I didn't get for one reason or another. Had to wait 10 days to get it shipped again. Then that counted as one of my refills.
Muzzleblast
https://www.khou.com/article/news/local/usps-brining-in-extra-workers-to-help-with-houston-mail-delays/285-3215118a-ef6c-421a-86b5-c8d49803d43d?fbclid=IwAR1ZHp6T-ppQ1eMvsImtvXN4g8N16GCb7PBgU1RTeCuAKhNOgmEGx9RTlN4_aem_AQkLqFManPZgyVR1aE-heTrtwMKqqanN8QTccL50rIe_H3PwhTVqj5BJelrAveVh5NE
MsDoubleD81
AG
23 people and 10 managers lol
BlueMiles
AG
How do they expect 23 people and 10 managers to help if it is really "networking" problems?
woodiewood1
MsDoubleD81 said:

Can anyone find their packages in this mess??

https://www.click2houston.com/news/local/2024/01/23/delays-processing-issues-affect-houston-area-usps-facilities-impacting-local-businesses-with-packages-stuck-inside/?fbclid=IwAR0_QNiRA4d9JEh5dpCw1YlwcmQYb18_l_dgYEduubYsJHJu-oDldnq9Qw0
What a cluster.....

They should fire the head of the postal service and the managers of that site. Bring in the National Guard to get the mail processed. There is no excuse for that. None.
woodiewood1
woodiewood1 said:

Within the past hour I received an update from yesterday morning.

I guess If I paid for ground service, I might get it for next Christmas?

SHIPMENT ACTIVITY
MOST RECENT
JANUARY 20 - 11:41AMArrived at FacilityHouston, TX

They now are saying Monday delivery.

I guess if I get it tomorrow, paying extra for 3 day delivery and getting it delivered in seven days is par for the course.

As the Zen Master said, "We'll see."

Well, I am in my third day of "Out for Delivery." Nine days so far for paying for 3 day delivery.
Belton Ag
AG
MsDoubleD81 said:

I'm surprised they didn't bring in 5 senior managers to manage the 10 managers.
maroon barchetta
On top of the mailbox in the rain but it's here.
BMo
I filled out the "missing mail" claim and got a call from my local PO explaining what had been explained to me when I was there last week so that doesn't help any.
Muzzleblast
Today's USPS nonsense.
You'll be shocked to hear that I haven't been contacted by Michael McCauls office or the USPS OIG complaint hotline.
UglyScientist
I had a clothing order that got split into two shipments. One came from California and showed up last week without issue. The other shipped from IL, departed Dallas last week and has just been "in transit to the next facility" since.
Girlhowdy
AG
Muzzleblast said:

Today's USPS nonsense.
You'll be shocked to hear that I haven't been contacted by Michael McCauls office or the USPS OIG complaint hotline.

My tracking is basically the same except back up the shipping date to 1/4
Belton Ag
AG
My favorite thing is when it says the package "arrived at a carrier facility." Doesn't say which one… could be Mongolia, could be your backyard.
maroon barchetta
And then an hour later it arrived at a carrier facility
woodiewood1
Now in 4th Day, "Out for delivery."
Clrichardson
AG
https://www.click2houston.com/news/local/2024/01/23/delays-processing-issues-affect-houston-area-usps-facilities-impacting-local-businesses-with-packages-stuck-inside/

Maybe this will answer some of y'all's questions
MsDoubleD81
AG
Posted on previous page.
etj77845
Package of meds left Carrollton on 1.5 stopped in Austin 1.11 until 1.24 now in Bryan on 11.25. Lets see 192 miles direct in 20 days avg 9.6 miles a day. You know you can walk here quicker than that. Maybe by horse back in 7days.

Muzzleblast
https://www.khou.com/article/news/local/houston-missouri-city-texas-usps-mail-delays/285-c3b30ce9-5c89-4fc6-a3ae-c39c4ebfc952?fbclid=IwAR0s6n-51H6LSJ1bDI7kVzMJZIXP4gaYKRc2ArD2EkQ6mYbsFNfxiFpZKkY_aem_ASbP7cHl3LIviEsYoMGONvdYqboi3MJUe1etDqiUgVu6XOTJVToS_PWVToeoNC3hhe8

It's worse than you think…….
Girlhowdy
AG
All it took was complaining here and now my shipment from 1/4 is finally out of Houston and OUT FOR DELIVERY! Texags is so powerful!
maroon barchetta
It worked for me!
Tailgate88
AG
My sister put this Priority Mail package in the mail in Houston postmarked the 19th. Received yesterday on the 25th. Note the date on the label for expected delivery.

doubledog
MsDoubleD81 said:

My past place of employment contracted out to a government work program to mow the grass. We had a saying

"It takes eight people to mow the lawn... two a comin, two a goin, two a ****in, two a mowin."
woodiewood1
Finally got my package....five days out for delivery. Paid for 3 day deliver and it took 11 days I guess I should be happy it's not still in that cluster in Houston?
Boro Ag 2000
AG
I mailed a package (USPS Priority) from Wellborn on Jan 11 with expected delivery to Richmond, TX on Jan 13. It finally showed up yesterday (Jan 25). Two weeks later…

I was sending my son's baseball glove in to have some work done on it. Nothing like delaying the expected turnaround by 12 days.
Girlhowdy
AG
I finally got my package today that was shipped Jan 4, but not without a refusal to deliver yesterday because no one was home to sign for it. I had to pick up from the post office today.
Tailgate88
AG
My daughter is at U of H. I ship her stuff a few times a semester. UPS ground is $8 for a one pound package but it is delivered the next day … every time.
highpriorityag
I ship a lot and I guarantee I will never use USPS again for packages
Hornbeck
AG
Wife got a USPS package in yesterday from Ohio. Sent 12/29. It was stuck in transit for a couple weeks.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.