USPS Issues?

16,617 Views | 142 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by dallasiteinsa02
2007fightintexasaggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone else experienced significant lag times or lost mail, this month? We put a stack of about 20 Christmas cards in a USPS blue box back on 11/30 and not one of them has made a delivery (all recipients in Texas).

Shame on me for not taking the extra time to go directly to the post office but this particular box is used regularly and never had an issue in 5+ years.
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
Sounds normal for USPS this time of year.
BQ_90
AG
didn't we have a thread about this or did staff censor it
trouble
AG
It dropped off the first page

https://texags.com/forums/35/topics/3422509
CCMD
AG
Had two expected passages that were last seen at the sorting facility in Missouri City, TX on 11/30. Then.. poof ... vanished and no further updates.
ukbb2003
Have one that shipped from Austin on 11/30..been stuck in Houston since 12/6.

Another delivery that made it to Bryan, then went back to Houston for some unknown reason. Been stuck there ever since.
AggiePhil
AG
I have a package last pinging in Houston on 12/05. No updates since. Guess I spoke to soon when I said I hadn't experienced problems with USPS!
BaronDeBishopville
A friend who works the counter at the Hearne Post Office says a lot of packages get "stuck" at the Houston 77032 station.
befitter
Yup. I have a package coming from Montana that was mailed on 11/30 and was to arrive last Thursday. It went from 2 stops in MT to Dallas, Missouri City, Houston, Bryan, and today I'm supposed to get it. We will see. Ridiculous.
BQ_90
AG
trouble said:

It dropped off the first page

https://texags.com/forums/35/topics/3422509

I,didn't think we had that much traffic on this board
trouble
AG
I didn't either. I fully expected it to be at the bottom of the page.
Trent Cox
AG
I had a package delivered empty today. I assume somewhere in shipping it came open, and then delivered as an empty envelope. Thanks USPS.
legalbird
Never use the blue mailboxes. Notice that the Bryan post office (near downtown) removed their blue mailbox. Other post office have done as well

https://abc13.com/mail-theft-stolen-checks-sold-online-dark-web-usps/14071681/
barefoot
EXACT thing happened to me, same location, same timeframe. I'm taking bets on lost truck, employee theft, and definitely incompetence.

*edited to add this was on the post for the lost package last located in Missouri City. *
CS78
I think some employees are using "incompetence" as cover to just steal whatever they want.

I haven't been impressed with a lot of the new younger employees. Recently had a package "left on porch". It wasn't there and I immediately located the carrier at the end of the street. Couldn't have been five minutes and she gave me an attitude insisting she left it on the porch. Even knew which house I was. Mentioned it to the regular mail lady the next day and she confirmed it wasn't the first time with that employee.
BrazosWifi
CCMD said:

Had two expected passages that were last seen at the sorting facility in Missouri City, TX on 11/30. Then.. poof ... vanished and no further updates.
We see things vanish from there too.
Sponsor Message: http://BrazosWiFi.com | Fast and reliable internet for the Brazos Valley | info@BrazosWiFi.com | 979-999-7000
2wealfth Man
AG
That Houston mail processing facility is a den of thieves and crooks. Throw in unionized gov't employees who DGAF and you have the service levels you are seeing. Venezuela like levels of corruption and incompetence.
ukbb2003
ukbb2003 said:

Have one that shipped from Austin on 11/30..been stuck in Houston since 12/6.

Another delivery that made it to Bryan, then went back to Houston for some unknown reason. Been stuck there ever since.

Update on this. Both packages finally delivered today.
CCMD
AG
USPS must have read this thread. Missing package showed up today. Only 2 1/2 weeks late.
LOYAL AG
AG
2wealfth Man said:

That Houston mail processing facility is a den of thieves and crooks. Throw in unionized gov't employees who DGAF and you have the service levels you are seeing. Venezuela like levels of corruption and incompetence.

It's not USPS only unfortunately. A couple of years ago when ammo supplies were so tight I ordered 1000 rounds of 5.56 from a retailer in the Midwest that I've bought from a ton. They shipped it UPS and it looked to have stalled in Ft Worth. When I called the local UPS the guy said their internal tracking looks like it never got out of St Louis and said to go ahead and request a refund because he was confident it had been stolen by a UPS employee.

About a year ago a friend of a friend that was a CSPD police officer with a security background was offered six figures to be work for Fed Ex in a role specifically designed to address theft in their systems.

Thats all three major carriers with apparently significant internal theft problems.
A fearful society is a compliant society. That's why Democrats and criminals prefer their victims to be unarmed. Gun Control is not about guns, it's about control.
maroon barchetta
Missouri City sorting facility you say?

https://www.khou.com/article/news/local/packages-stuck-missouri-city-usps-sorting-facility/285-a27eb012-1b1c-4337-aa4b-324c75ba35d4
Hornbeck
AG
We had an Amazon package hurled into our driveway by a USPS driver this week. Not placed into the mailbox, not taken to the front porch. Wife saw them throw it from the truck as she was pulling up and asked the driver "what's up with that?" she got, "eff off, Karen" in return.
halibut sinclair
Hornbeck said:

We had an Amazon package hurled into our driveway by a USPS driver this week. Not placed into the mailbox, not taken to the front porch. Wife saw them throw it from the truck as she was pulling up and asked the driver "what's up with that?" she got, "eff off, Karen" in return.

Haha, your wife is a Karen!
Hornbeck
AG
I hope your kid's Christmas gifts are hurled into your driveway as well, then.
chloelee
3 weeks for a check to get from Sterling GMC to University Drive
maroon barchetta
Waiting on a package from Amazon. Was supposed to be here on the 11th. Then between the 11th and 16th. Then it said "by the 20th but if not then, the next day you can ask for a refund".

Let's see what tracking shows.

75AG
AG
We had a package mailed at the Wellborn PO on Wednesday. Yeah, they could have dropped it off at our house but mailed it anyway. It went from Wellborn to Houston to Bryan to College Station and is scheduled for delivery on Monday. Now that's some efficiency.
BMo
Houston distribution is in turmoil right now and has been for a month or more. Wrote the congressman about it and since I wouldn't sign a privacy authorization form, they wouldn't take my complaint seriously. I told them it wasn't a private issue, it's widespread. A lot of old folks not getting medications which come through the mail. Stuffed shirts, geez.
maroon barchetta
There is a reason Seinfeld and Larry David made fun of the postal service in many episodes of "Seinfeld". Because it's comical how bad they are.
Except it's turned from comical to criminal when packaged and medications quit showing up.
agcot12
AG
I've had 5 different packages hung up in this Houston distribution mess. Two of them finally arrived on Friday (over 2 weeks late). The other 3 are still stuck and no one seems to be able to help (spoke to local USPS and filed a formal complaint online). They just repeat the canned response that they are aware of the issue with no timeline for resolution. Thankfully, none of mine are really that important in the grand scheme of things. Feel sorry for folks missing medicine and other important items…
Belton Ag
AG
I need something for work pretty bad, found it on Amazon and it says I can get it as early as Tuesday if I paid $10 for shipping, even though I have Prime.

Today I got the email it has shipped so I open the email to see if there's any tracking info and it says "shipped via USPS."

Well *****
Bucketrunner
I have two packages picked up 1/4. Both are in the endless limbo that is the Houston distribution center.
woodiewood1
Last week, I paid extra $20 for a three day delivery from California to my house. After a day and a half in showed being picked up by carrier. The next day tracking showed it was in Houston and going to be delivered the next day. Nothing the next day or the following day. We are going into the fifth day now.

I complained to the seller that I expected a discount in the shipping cost as it wasn't given to carrier for a day and a half. I was told that they would check on it.

After a few hours I checked tracking and lo and behold, the tracking was changed where they inserted an update that it was delayed being picked up by carrier due to the weather and the arrival to Houston statement had been deleted.

Now it states delivery tomorrow.

What a cluster. If UPS or FedEx consistently operated like this they would not be in business. I wonder what is the difference?

doubledog
woodiewood1 said:

Last week, I paid extra $20 for a three day delivery from California to my house. After a day and a half in showed being picked up by carrier. The next day tracking showed it was in Houston and going to be delivered the next day. Nothing the next day or the following day. We are going into the fifth day now.

I complained to the seller that I expected a discount in the shipping cost as it wasn't given to carrier for a day and a half. I was told that they would check on it.

After a few hours I checked tracking and lo and behold, the tracking was changed where they inserted an update that it was delayed being picked up by carrier due to the weather and the arrival to Houston statement had been deleted.

Now it states delivery tomorrow.

What a cluster. If UPS or FedEx consistently operated like this they would not be in business. I wonder what is the difference?

FedEx contracts with USPS for delivery service, so you are still screwed.
Stucco
I shipped two packages two weeks before Christmas through USPS. One came back to me after they ripped off half the label and my only recourse was to buy another (a photocopy of the first wouldn't work). I'm thankful they got it back to me, but they still had enough info to get it to the destination too and they didn't. The second package arrived a week after Christmas.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.