B/CS number of cases update? 11-17-20 Staff Edit on OP

1,095,811 Views | 6626 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Nosmo
FlyRod
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Thinking the same thing MiMi and glad you raised the issue.
lockett93
AG
Expert Analysis said:

BCHD said they would be including Brazos County TAMU numbers in their results. Not sure they ever did so.
This is what I meant... If the person tested resided in Brazos County they should have been reported to BCHD.
lockett93
AG
Monday's results include:

90's - 0
80's - 0
70's - 0
10 from a cluster

Region N hospitals:
81 (+2) Covid patients, 14 (-1) in ICU
555 Total Beds, 448 Total Staffed Beds, 388 Occupied
1 ICU Beds Available, 51 ICU Beds Occupied

-39 PCR cases today than this day last week
54% in the 18-24 age group (28 people)

Spreadsheet updated, chart tab updated.

LINK TO SPREADSHEET AND CHARTS
texasaggie04
AG
lockett93 said:

Expert Analysis said:

BCHD said they would be including Brazos County TAMU numbers in their results. Not sure they ever did so.
This is what I meant... If the person tested resided in Brazos County they should have been reported to BCHD.

It's already pretty difficult to get info about cluster cases, I'm worried that adding TAMU numbers to that mix would obfuscate things even more.
lockett93
AG
Yet, that goes against what BCHD stated would happen. And it also makes you wonder are we getting their positives, but not their negatives?
lockett93
AG
KBTX reporting that El Paso area Covid patients are being treated at St Joes and S&W. They don't say how many or when they arrived.

https://www.kbtx.com/2020/11/23/local-hospitals-treating-covid-19-patients-from-el-paso-other-areas-of-texas/
MiMi
S
Today's numbers: 44 new confirmed cases, 12 probable cases, 29 Brazos county residents hospitalized, 0 tests, 0 deaths

lockett93
AG
Tueday's results include:

90's - 0
80's - 0
70's - 1
7 from a cluster

Region N hospitals:
79 (-2) Covid patients, 13 (-1) in ICU
577 Total Beds, 457 Total Staffed Beds, 367 Occupied
3 ICU Beds Available, 51 ICU Beds Occupied

-2 PCR cases today than this day last week
64% in the 18-24 age group (28 people)

MiMi
S
Today's numbers: 81 new confirmed cases, 66 probable cases, 33 Brazos county residents hospitalized, 119 tests, 3 deaths - 1 hospitalized male in his 70's and 2 hospitalized females in their 60's.

I'm curious to know why the reported testing numbers are so low. Only 119 tests have been reported since Nov 22.
Rapier108
Quote:

I'm curious to know why the reported testing numbers are so low. Only 119 tests have been reported since Nov 22.
Either the testing places are only reporting positive results, the BCHD is doing crappy reporting; or more likely some of both. Not reporting total tests sends the positive rate sky high, which gives the media and local officials reasons to yell "we're all going to die!"

The sites on campus had to go to appointment only instead of walk up due to the number of people wanting to get tested. Scott and White went back to the same process they were using in the spring and summer rather than the drive through setup they were using more recently. Can't say what the other places are doing, but I'm sure they're running at full capacity as well.

Eventually we'll see a huge number of overall tests being reported, but I wouldn't expect it until next week due to the holiday.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
cavscout96
AG
Rapier108 said:

Quote:

Either the testing places are only reporting positive results, the BCHD is doing crappy reporting; or more likely some of both. Not reporting total tests sends the positive rate sky high, which gives the media and local officials reasons to yell "we're all going to die!"

The sites on campus had to go to appointment only instead of walk up due to the number of people wanting to get tested. Scott and White went back to the same process they were using in the spring and summer rather than the drive through setup they were using more recently. Can't say what the other places are doing, but I'm sure they're running at full capacity as well.

Eventually we'll see a huge number of overall tests being reported, but I wouldn't expect it until next week due to the holiday.
You could have stopped there.

-----------------------------------------

I've I was as incompetent as these folks in my old job, I would have, literally, been shot. Disgusting.
lockett93
AG
Wednesday's results include:

90's - 0
80's - 0
70's - 5
11 from a cluster

Region N hospitals:
75 (-4) Covid patients, 9 (-4) in ICU
634 Total Beds, 480 Total Staffed Beds, 361 Occupied
6 ICU Beds Available, 50 ICU Beds Occupied

-1 PCR cases today than this day last week
??% in the 18-24 age group (?? people)

FlyRod
The RECC Center is doing walk ups (I just did one) but yes, the other kiosk stations appear to be appt. only.
Rapier108
Expect some more nursing home related deaths in the next few days. 4 EMS runs so far today to just one nursing home, although one was canceled because the person was on hospice care with a DNR. Not a new one; already known to have an outbreak. All of the patients were confirmed cases.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
Post removed:
by user
AFM
KBTX mentioned that some El Paso area COVID patients are being treated at St Joseph and S&W. I wonder if they pass away in Brazos county, will their death counted as Brazos county statistics. There were three reported deaths today which is rather high.
Rapier108
AFM said:

KBTX mentioned that some El Paso area COVID patients are being treated at St Joseph and S&W. I wonder if they pass away in Brazos county, will their death counted as Brazos county statistics. There were three reported deaths today which is rather high.
Unless the guidelines have changed, they will not be counted as a Brazos County death.

It is the same as when someone from Grimes County or Washington County dies at a hospital in Brazos County. The death is counted in their county of residence.
The Brazos Kid
AFM said:

So, riddle me this: Importing patients from El Paso or anywhere else will add to the percentage of COVID patients in region N hospitals.

Won't that potentially push us to and beyond the 15% threshold therefore reintroducing previous restrictions on restaurant/bar capacity?

trouble
AG
I'll have to look into it again but I believe it's still based on county of residence.
MiMi
S
Happy Thanksgiving!

Today's preliminary numbers: 78 new confirmed cases, 775 tests, 0 deaths
trouble
AG
Happy Thanksgiving!

Oh look, they read the thread again and found those missing tests.
lockett93
AG
Thursday's results include:

90's - 1
80's - 3
70's - 1
6 from a cluster

Region N hospitals:
80 (+5) Covid patients, 9 (+0) in ICU
621 Total Beds, 472 Total Staffed Beds, 387 Occupied
4 ICU Beds Available, 50 ICU Beds Occupied

+17 PCR cases today than this day last week
??% in the 18-24 age group (?? people)

Post removed:
by user
dubi
AG
The Eagle's headline shows 2 days of cases added together to better to make it look worse!

Muzzleblast
First thing I noticed this morning.

Team Apocalypse is alive and well.
MiMi
S
And the BCHD reported 78 confirmed new cases yesterday, not 83.
Oogway
dubi said:

The Eagle's headline shows 2 days of cases added together to better to make it look worse!

Some of the folks that read The Eagle not only read the article below the headline, they are no stranger to how division works.

It's not alien to newspapers to have eye catching headlines. It's why the old phrase following "Extra" was the phrase, "read all about it. "

The truth is usually in there somewhere, typos notwithstanding, but that's been a pet peeve with them for a long time.
techno-ag
AG
Nothing new. DPS used to publish projected fatalities for holiday driving. When there were fewer wrecks than expected one year the Eagle's headline was something along the lines of Texas Fails to Meet Projected Deaths. That one made Leno.
MiMi
S
After taking a couple days off, we finally have some new numbers: 64 new confirmed cases, 16 probable cases, 32 Brazos county residents hospitalized, 578 tests, 0 deaths
TwoDogs
The Eagle has one redeeming quality- very useful as a windshield cleaner when used with Windex.
EBrazosAg
AG
And no indication of what day or days this data reflects. It's a joke.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
lockett93
AG
MiMi said:

After taking a couple days off, we finally have some new numbers: 64 new confirmed cases, 16 probable cases, 32 Brazos county residents hospitalized, 578 tests, 0 deaths

64 cases over 3-4 days drops the active cases down from over 1000 to 845.
lockett93
AG
Sunday's results include:

90's - 1
80's - 0
70's - 2
9 from a cluster

Region N hospitals:
83(+3) Covid patients, 9 (+0) in ICU
579 Total Beds, 465 Total Staffed Beds, 338 Occupied
4 ICU Beds Available, 42 ICU Beds Occupied

-4 PCR cases today than this day last week (but also no cases prior 3 days reported)
47% in the 18-24 age group (30 people)

Post removed:
by user
MiMi
S
Today's numbers: 72 new confirmed cases, 1 new probable case, 27 Brazos County residents hospitalized, 17 tests, 0 deaths

It's nice to see the active case numbers decreasing (now at 826) but the lack of test numbers is likely erroneously increasing the positivity rate.
First Page Last Page
Page 103 of 190

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.