B/CS number of cases update? 11-17-20 Staff Edit on OP

1,096,457 Views | 6626 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Nosmo
lockett93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Monday's results include:

90's - 0
80's - 1
70's - 3
4 from a cluster

Region N hospitals:
80 (-3) Covid patients, 8 (-1) in ICU
10 ICU Beds Available, 40 ICU Beds Occupied

+20 PCR cases today than this day last week
56% in the 18-24 age group (40 people)

Spreadsheet updated, chart tab updated.

LINK TO SPREADSHEET AND CHARTS
Belton Ag
AG
lockett93 said:

90's - 0
80's - 1
70's - 3
4 from a cluster

Region N hospitals:

Curious about the hospital stats. 40 ICU beds in our region are currently occupied, 8 of those by COVID patients, 32 for other causes?
lockett93
AG
Correct
cavscout96
AG
Belton Ag said:

lockett93 said:

90's - 0
80's - 1
70's - 3
4 from a cluster

Region N hospitals:

Curious about the hospital stats. 40 ICU beds in our region are currently occupied, 8 of those by COVID patients, 32 for other causes?
apparently, this is not uncommon. several of the healthcare professionals who've posted on this thread have stated that occupancy, ICU and non-ICU, generally runs in the neighborhood of 70-80% in "normal" circumstances.

At least those are the numbers I recall; it's been a few weeks since the discussion and I'm not keen on going through 100+ pages to track it down...
trouble
AG
80% hospital occupancy, as much as 95% ICU occupancy is normal
cavscout96
AG
THX
src94
AG
How many of those are El Paso transfers?
src94
trouble
AG
The last number from the health dept (11/28) was 29 Brazos Co residents. That does not mean the rest are transfers as region N is bigger than Brazos Co.
MiMi
S
Today's numbers: 78 new confirmed cases, 13 probable cases, 29 Brazos county residents hospitalized, 724 tests, 3 deaths - a hospitalized male in his 80's, a hospitalized female in her 80's, and a hospitalized female in her 60's.
lockett93
AG
Tuesday's results include:

90's - 0
80's - 1
70's - 2
10 from a cluster

Region N hospitals:
81 (+1) Covid patients, 10 (+2) in ICU
11 ICU Beds Available, 42 ICU Beds Occupied

+34 PCR cases today than this day last week
46% in the 18-24 age group (36 people)

MiMi
S
Today's numbers: 91 new confirmed cases, 7 probable cases, 25 Brazos county residents hospitalized, 1200 tests, 1 death - a female in her 70s who was hospitalized
lockett93
AG
Wednesday's results include:

90's - 1
80's - 2
70's - 3
3 from a cluster

Region N hospitals:
76 (-5) Covid patients, 10 (+0) in ICU
8 ICU Beds Available, 43 ICU Beds Occupied

+10 PCR cases today than this day last week
32% in the 18-24 age group (29 people)

ChampsAg
Wife and I tested positive Tuesday...
theNetSmith
AG
ChampsAg said:

Wife and I tested positive Tuesday...
Sorry to hear that, Champs. I hope neither of you are immuno-compromised.

a little soliloquy on the current numbers:

Watched a CBS News video on YouTube just now.. and the talking point was, "Daily Cases Surpass 180,000 in U.S."

Brazos County had 91 positive cases reported today. 90 of 180,000 is .05%.

1% = 1:100
.1% = 1:1000
.01% = 1:10,000

.05% is 5 of every 10,000 new cases in the country.. or 1 of every 2,000 cases.

According to the US Census Bureau, Brazos County had 229,211 residents in 2019. The US had a population of 328.2m in 2019. So Brazos County represents 0.07% of the US population. Nice to see that our daily positivity rate is a bit less than the national average, but I'd bet that it is relatively high considering the number of geographically disparate areas across the country that would have a much lower positivity rate.

If you add 60k students, we would be 0.088% of the US population, but student cases aren't reflected in the county numbers, right?
trouble
AG
They are if their permanent address is Brazos county.
theNetSmith
AG
trouble said:

They are if their permanent address is Brazos county.
funny.. I hadn't stopped to think about the fact that at least 2 of those students are permanent residents because they're my progeny.

to clarify my poor phrasing.. no, I'm not saying that there might be more than 2 current students who are my progeny. lol.
cavscout96
AG
I think you've confused % of population with positivity rate. I believe positivity rate is % of those tested, not of whole population.

In my mind that makes PR pretty useless. if only those with symptoms test, PR would, generally, trend higher.

If you test large groups randomly (like A&M was encouraging before Thanksgiving), the denominator goes up dramatically, and PR becomes smaller.

both approaches don't seem to give a reliable reflection of anything useful. It's not a predictor or even a useful trend maker marker.

Even universal testing is only a snapshot in time.

To me, the only metric that matters is available resources to treat seriously ill folks. It seems like we are not, and have not been, in any real danger of exceeding capacity.

theNetSmith
AG
no, I was comparing the ratio of

• Brazos Co. new cases per day : U.S. new cases per day

to the ratio of

• Brazos Co. population : U.S. population

not because I wanted to prove anything.. it was just curiosity.. I was typing the post as I was doing the calculations, and even tho I didn't arrive at the result I was expecting or provide any meaningful insight, I hit "Post" anyway.
dubi
AG
Quote:

I was typing the post as I was doing the calculations, and even tho I didn't arrive at the result I was expecting or provide any meaningful insight, I hit "Post" anyway.
You contribute exactly like our local media at KBTX and The Beagle!
MiMi
S
Today's numbers: 72 new confirmed cases, 49 new probable cases, 27 Brazos County residents hospitalized, 287 tests, 1 death - a hospitalized male in her 70's (this is directly from the BCHD so it's unclear if the individual is male or female)
theNetSmith
AG
dubi said:

Quote:

I was typing the post as I was doing the calculations, and even tho I didn't arrive at the result I was expecting or provide any meaningful insight, I hit "Post" anyway.
You contribute exactly like our local media at KBTX and The Beagle!
lol.. but my contribution required work.
cavscout96
AG
theNetSmith said:

no, I was comparing the ratio of

• Brazos Co. new cases per day : U.S. new cases per day

to the ratio of

• Brazos Co. population : U.S. population

not because I wanted to prove anything.. it was just curiosity.. I was typing the post as I was doing the calculations, and even tho I didn't arrive at the result I was expecting or provide any meaningful insight, I hit "Post" anyway.
I understand that.

I only made the comment because you mentioned our "daily positivity rate.' I think that particular metric is of little use. and is not really a corollary to your data analysis.
cavscout96
AG
MiMi said:

Today's numbers: 72 new confirmed cases, 49 new probable cases, 27 Brazos County residents hospitalized, 287 tests, 1 death - a hospitalized male in her 70's (this is directly from the BCHD so it's unclear if the individual is male or female)
wow
theNetSmith
AG
oh, I see what you mean now, Cav, and you are correct.. I did say "daily positivity rate" but I forgot that was the name of an actual related metric..

when I wrote that, my mind was thinking about the number of new positive cases per day versus the population of the county, a ratio that is continuously increasing (assuming a fixed population).. I should have used something more akin to "new cases per capita".
cavscout96
lockett93
AG
Thursday's results include:

90's - 0
80's - 1
70's - 0
8 from a cluster

Region N hospitals:
79 (+3) Covid patients, 10 (+0) in ICU
2 ICU Beds Available, 46 ICU Beds Occupied

-11 PCR cases today than this day last week
47% in the 18-24 age group (34 people)

Tailgate88
AG

Quote:

Brazos County shortens quarantine guidelines for residents with COVID-19 exposure

BRYAN, Texas (KBTX) - The Brazos County Health District has revised its quarantine guidance for residents who have been exposed to COVID-19.

Per the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, local jurisdictions can choose to shorten quarantine recommendations if they have "testing resources [that] are sufficient and available."

While the CDC continues to endorse a 14-day quarantine after exposure, the Brazos County Health District will employ the CDC's alternative guidance, choosing to shorten quarantine guidelines for asymptomatic people to 10 days, or 7 days with a negative test.

https://www.kbtx.com/2020/12/03/brazos-county-shortens-quarantine-guidelines-for-residents-with-covid-19-exposure/
MiMi
S
Today's numbers: 52 new confirmed cases, 75 probable cases, 21 Brazos county residents hospitalized, 623 tests, 0 deaths
lockett93
AG
Friday's results include:

90's - 0
80's - 1
70's - 0
6 from a cluster

Region N hospitals:
74 (-5) Covid patients, 9 (-1) in ICU
2 ICU Beds Available, 46 ICU Beds Occupied

+52 PCR cases today than this day last week
33% in the 18-24 age group (17 people)

MiMi
S
Today's numbers: 44 new confirmed cases, 41 probable cases, 23 Brazos county residents hospitalized, 1556 tests, 4 deaths - two hospitalized males in their 70s and two hospitalized males in their 80s
MiMi
S
Today's numbers: 37 new confirmed cases, 19 probable cases, 22 Brazos county residents hospitalized,1432 tests, 0 deaths

The number of active cases has dropped to 770 cases.
dubi
AG
MiMi said:

Today's numbers: 37 new confirmed cases, 19 probable cases, 22 Brazos county residents hospitalized,1432 tests, 0 deaths

Seems like Thanksgiving has NOT caused Covid Armageddon!
histag10
AG
dubi said:

MiMi said:

Seems like Thanksgiving has NOT caused Covid Armageddon!

The 2 times i had to go into the respiratory clinic since Thanksgiving, i was the only person there (Thursday and Friday).

I went twice. Thursday was a 45 minute wait until a room was cleaned, but i was the only person waiting. Decided to come back friday. In and out quickly with no wait. Test results back later that night (neg)
lockett93
AG
Sunday's results include:

90's - 0
80's - 1
70's - 3
4 from a cluster

76 (+2) Covid in hospital
-27 PCR cases today than this day last week
35% in the 18-24 age group (13 people)

FYI, I'm going to quit tracking daily zip code, Male/Female and race changes.
MiMi
S
Today's numbers: 25 new confirmed cases, 51 probable cases, 21 Brazos county residents hospitalized, 0 tests, 0 deaths.

The BCHD node site lists 4 new deaths but the same total number as yesterday. Not sure which one is correct.
First Page Last Page
Page 104 of 190

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.