B/CS number of cases update? 11-17-20 Staff Edit on OP

1,095,718 Views | 6626 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Nosmo
Poppy67
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Rapier108 said:

And our local media continues to tow the line to spread coronafear and prep the population for another lock down.

Blaming students, bars, Halloween, and indirectly football games; and not a word on the 4 nursing homes, and the fact that all the deaths are from people 70+.

https://www.kbtx.com/2020/11/12/concerning-covid-19-statistics-in-brazos-county/

Staff, would listing the other nursing homes be a rule violation? While I am certain that the other three locations have had outbreaks, I cannot confirm it with news article or press release as it is all based on EMS calls on Broadcastify.

If you were cold, you would put a coat on.

If you played football, tou woyld put a helmet on.

On an on and on

This is either youth or lack of wisdom in years to be so cavalier about a disease that has affected so many lives and families.

I pray each and everyone here and elsewhere doesn't get this mess.
cavscout96
AG
Poppy67 said:

Rapier108 said:

And our local media continues to tow the line to spread coronafear and prep the population for another lock down.

Blaming students, bars, Halloween, and indirectly football games; and not a word on the 4 nursing homes, and the fact that all the deaths are from people 70+.

https://www.kbtx.com/2020/11/12/concerning-covid-19-statistics-in-brazos-county/

Staff, would listing the other nursing homes be a rule violation? While I am certain that the other three locations have had outbreaks, I cannot confirm it with news article or press release as it is all based on EMS calls on Broadcastify.

If you were cold, you would put a coat on.

If you played football, tou woyld put a helmet on.

On an on and on

This is either youth or lack of wisdom in years to be so cavalier about a disease that has affected so many lives and families.

I pray each and everyone here and elsewhere doesn't get this mess.
Science is not cavalier.

This "mess" has a 99.5% recovery rate for folks under 70. Don't be a science denier. Make decisions based on fact, not emotion.

If 67 is your class year from A&M, you are likely in your mid-70's. Be careful, take appropriate action, but don't force young, otherwise healthy people to cower in fear. They are not at risk from this.

jeffk
AG
Ha. I'm currently drinking my coffee. This is me chill.

We don't know who anyone is just based on their posts here. If y'all can't read back over the thread and see how you're fairly hostile with your questioning tactics, I can't help you.
cavscout96
AG
lockett93 said:

I'd guess the increase in hospitalizations is due to an outbreak in an elderly living or care facility.

The % of all beds available is still fine, with a still low % of those beds being used by Covid patients
where is the % beds available posted. I know Trouble was posting it regularly, but I haven't seen it in a while.
trouble
AG
I got lazy because it only works on my laptop. I'll get it later this morning.
cavscout96
AG
trouble said:

I got lazy because it only works on my laptop. I'll get it later this morning.
THX

I ask since newstraw posted that her hospital is at 100% and was wondering if the other(s) are as high. Lockett's number chart / graphs are close to peak, but not quite as high as a few months ago.

Again, just looking for data and context, not disputing her first hand experience,
trouble
AG
I have no idea what her hospital census is but remember, the numbers I post are for the trauma region and not just Brazos county.
cavscout96
MiMi
S
Today's numbers: 95 new confirmed cases, 7 probable cases, 26 Brazos County residents hospitalized, 340 tests, 0 deaths
trouble
AG
Total Staffed Hospital Beds - 643
Available Hospital Beds - 117
Available ICU Beds - 8
Available Ventilators - 55
Lab-Confirmed COVID-19 Patients Currently In Hospital - 59

This is as of 5pm yesterday.

This morning, BCHD is reporting 85% hospital occupancy and 77% ICU capacity for the county. This includes all hospitalized patients not just those with Covid. 26 county residents currently hospitalized with lab confirmed Covid.
cavscout96
AG
trouble said:

Total Staffed Hospital Beds - 643
Available Hospital Beds - 117
Available ICU Beds - 8
Available Ventilators - 55
Lab-Confirmed COVID-19 Patients Currently In Hospital - 59

This is as of 5pm yesterday.

This morning, BCHD is reporting 85% hospital occupancy and 77% ICU capacity for the county. This includes all hospitalized patients not just those with Covid. 26 county residents currently hospitalized with lab confirmed Covid.
thx
Post removed:
by user
lockett93
AG
Thursday's results include:

Todays increase
90's - 6
80's - 8
70's - 9

9 from a cluster, yet 23 cases over 70... Ummm, Yeah, Right....

Region N hospitals at 58 (+2) Covid patients, 13 (+1) in ICU
+65 PCR cases today than this day last week
35% in the 18-24 age group (33 people)

Spreadsheet updated, chart tab updated.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11DhOiIPQwUQ5teJsvOV_JYp-zDkE4Eq5bQ91fud7y9Q
Rapier108
lockett93 said:

Thursday's results include:

Todays increase
90's - 6
80's - 8
70's - 9

9 from a cluster, yet 23 cases over 70... Ummm, Yeah, Right....
We all know what those numbers mean.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
Rapier108
Okay, from the press conference. Not going to post numbers, we all know those and the inevitable lecture about masks, staying home/apart, and predictions of doom if we don't. And I apologize for any transcription errors.

Sullivan has confirmed that there are multiple "long term care facilities" with coronavirus outbreaks. He did not say which ones, but also pointed out that these are the most vulnerable people and most likely to end up in the hospital.

Talked about the vaccine and being in phase 3 trials to verify safety and rolling it out in the state. There will be 8 locations locally. He did not say which vaccine.

Flu so far looks low compared to last year. (Hopefully it follows the Australian season which was extremely mild.)

Most people who get it will be just fine; other than those who are more vulnerable to the virus. (As we all know.)

Q&A: (Volume is real low so I cannot hear the questions. Switched to a different feed with better sound after the first question.)

Whatever Bill @ WTAW asked is clearly about groups and spreading the virus and people being irresponsible. His follow up, he went off on all the people coming to town for football and other sporting events. At least Sullivan said that is not the driving factor. The virus likes to spread in close contact.

KRHD: Asks about when Brazos County could go back into lockdown, and then how the schools are doing with Allen Academy going back to online only. Sullivan pretty must passed that off to the elected officials, but clearly our local leaders are discussing it, and "at the end of the day, what has to be done has to be done." They do not see the virus spreading in the classrooms or from athletic events. Students are getting it in social situations outside of school.

KBTX: (3 Questions): Question on hospital numbers and how those look under normal conditions. Second on recent deaths; but he asked if these are from clusters at specific facilities. Third, what we've learned over the last 9 months. Rusty with a random act of journalism!

Normal hospital range is about 80% give or take. Hospitals don't run empty.
Could not give the names, but he said it is multiple locations and that is where we're seeing the deaths coming from. The more numbers in that age range, the more deaths we'll see. The state is helping these facilities.
Nothing really interesting in question 3 other than new treatments and some real specific tests that aren't done on most people, but can help identify people at risk for severe cases.

I dog KBTX a lot, but good for Rusty asking about the nursing homes. At least now it is been acknowledged by the media and the BCHD. Hopefully this helps people realize that the deaths are not just random people

The Eagle (Two Questions): What happened to cause the nursing home outbreaks since we seemed to be doing a good job since the initial outbreak? Risk of when wearing a mask and indoors for a long time?

Visitation has been allowed at some places so that could be part of it. Another could be fatigue among that staff and turnover which could allow something to get through unknowingly.

KAGS: (3 Questions) Accuracy of the tests, how long will Texas rates be high, how Biden will respond?

Sullivan says the PCR tests now are very accurate. Early tests obviously had issues, but that's been cleared up. There are always a few false positive/negative in any test, but not often. Need to wait until at least 5 days after exposure (if no symptoms are present) to get tested. Some people can test positive for a very long time, even after recovery. (This is due to the PCR test basically detecting the virus' corpse rather than the person still being sick.)

Says we must "do something different" and go back to "what we did in the summer."

Sullivan said he doesn't know, but as already mentioned on this thread, we know what Biden's people want to do and that is 4-6 week lockdown minimum.

There will be another press conference, but no date given.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
BlueMiles
AG
Thanks for posting the updates.
trouble
AG
BCHD is live right now but I can't hear it well enough to focus.
Rapier108
trouble said:

BCHD is live right now but I can't hear it well enough to focus.

Switch to WTAW

https://radio.securenetsystems.net/cirrusencore/index.cfm?stationCallSign=WTAWAM
trouble
AG
I'm also annoyed with the good doctor so I probably should just wait for your posts.
Post removed:
by user
trouble
AG
Good!
Rapier108
Everything posted to the best of my transcription ability. Again, I apologize for any errors.
Ukraine Gas Expert
AG
Did they seriously ask when we could go back into lockdown?

Are they begging for it? Weird.
Rapier108
Ukraine Gas Expert said:

Did they seriously ask when we could go back into lockdown?

Are they begging for it? Weird.
Yes, the KRHD person asked when we might go back into lock down/shut down/shelter in place/etc. (That should cover all the various iterations.)
MiMi
S
Today's numbers: 59 new confirmed cases, 14 probable cases, 25 Brazos County residents hospitalized,1,092 tests, 2 deaths

lockett93
AG
Friday's results include:

Todays increase
90's - 0
80's - 2
70's - 5
7 from a cluster

Region N hospitals:
62 (+3) Covid patients, 12 (-1) in ICU
640 Total Beds, 497 Total Staffed Beds, 396 Occupied
6 ICU Beds Available, 50 ICU Beds Occupied

+27 PCR cases today than this day last week
46% in the 18-24 age group (27 people)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11DhOiIPQwUQ5teJsvOV_JYp-zDkE4Eq5bQ91fud7y9Q
trouble
AG
Deaths were 1 male and 1 female. Both in their 70s and at home.
Rapier108
trouble said:

Deaths were 1 male and 1 female. Both in their 70s and at home.
Any idea if "home" means house/apartment/condo or could it also mean at a nursing home?
trouble
AG
It means their residence so it could be a nursing home.
Rapier108
trouble said:

It means their residence so it could be a nursing home.
That's what I figured, but its impossible to know what they mean given how the reporting tends to be.
MiMi
S
Today's numbers: 97 new confirmed cases, 25 probable cases, 28 Brazos County residents hospitalized, 94 tests, 0 deaths
lockett93
AG
Saturday's results include:

Todays increase
90's - 0
80's - 1
70's - 2
12 from a cluster

Region N hospitals:
68 (+6) Covid patients, 10 (-2) in ICU
627 Total Beds, 484 Total Staffed Beds, 387 Occupied
7 ICU Beds Available, 48 ICU Beds Occupied

+19 PCR cases today than this day last week
58% in the 18-24 age group (56 people)

MiMi
S
Today's numbers: 86 new confirmed cases, 22 probable cases, 27 Brazos County residents hospitalized,322 tests, 0 deaths
lockett93
AG
Sunday's results include:

Todays increase
90's - 0
80's - 0
70's - 1
29 from a cluster

Region N hospitals:
72 (+4) Covid patients, 12 (+2) in ICU
626 Total Beds, 483 Total Staffed Beds, 408 Occupied
7 ICU Beds Available, 48 ICU Beds Occupied

+32 PCR cases today than this day last week
55% in the 18-24 age group (47 people)

MiMi
S
Today's numbers: 91 new confirmed cases, 3 probable cases, 31 Brazos county residents hospitalized, 115 tests, 1 death - a female in her 40's who was not hospitalized
First Page Last Page
Page 100 of 190

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.