B/CS number of cases update? 11-17-20 Staff Edit on OP

1,096,103 Views | 6626 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Nosmo
Post removed:
by user
jeffk
How long do you want to ignore this user?
MiMi
S
Today's numbers: 32 new confirmed cases, 29 probable cases, 31 Brazos County residents hospitalized, 480 tests, 1 death - a hospitalized female in her 70's
lockett93
AG
Friday's results include:

Todays increase
90's - 0
80's - 0
70's - 1

Region N hospitals at 57 (-10) Covid patients, 11 (-2) in ICU
-20 PCR cases today than this day last week
41% in the 18-24 age group (13 people)

Spreadsheet updated, chart tab updated.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11DhOiIPQwUQ5teJsvOV_JYp-zDkE4Eq5bQ91fud7y9Q
JaneDoe02
AG
I was talking to a coworker today about the elderly case numbers and she said Lampstand in Bryan has a lot of cases. She knows someone who works there.

Their website gives updates and it seems that they are caring for Covid patients coming in from other facilities. I'm sharing this for information purposes, not to point a finger at them.

If they're caring for patients from outside facilities, then that is a very different situation than an unchecked outbreak running rampant in at long term care facility. I'm sure it is a very difficult situation for the staff at Lampstand and I wish them the best.

http://lampstandnursing.com/News.php

MiMi
S
Today's numbers: 78 new confirmed cases, 17 probable cases, 26 Brazos County residents hospitalized, 493 tests, 0 deaths.
NateDog
AG
Thanks for organizing & keeping such a thorough record of all the numbers.

I'm sure you'll catch the typo, but heads up that 11/5/2020 is listed twice.
scd88
AG
MiMi said:

Today's numbers: 78 new confirmed cases, 17 probable cases, 26 Brazos County residents hospitalized, 493 tests, 0 deaths.

Hmm. Spike to keep an eye on. I wonder what happened.
Rapier108
JaneDoe02 said:

I was talking to a coworker today about the elderly case numbers and she said Lampstand in Bryan has a lot of cases. She knows someone who works there.

Their website gives updates and it seems that they are caring for Covid patients coming in from other facilities. I'm sharing this for information purposes, not to point a finger at them.

If they're caring for patients from outside facilities, then that is a very different situation than an unchecked outbreak running rampant in at long term care facility. I'm sure it is a very difficult situation for the staff at Lampstand and I wish them the best.

Well, since someone else said it, I will confirm it.

Lampstand is one of the nursing homes with an outbreak. It was the location I mentioned on 11-2 on this thread. Back to back EMS calls for clearly positive cases.

And I'm going to ask for clarification from the staff.

Would naming the others where EMS has been dispatched be a rules violation?
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
lockett93
AG
Saturday's results include:

Todays increase
90's - 0
80's - 3
70's - 2

28 from a cluster
0-9 age group had - 7 (daycare cluster?)

Region N hospitals at 56 (-2) Covid patients, 10 (-1) in ICU
+0 PCR cases today than this day last week
32% in the 18-24 age group (25 people)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11DhOiIPQwUQ5teJsvOV_JYp-zDkE4Eq5bQ91fud7y9Q
lockett93
AG
scd88 said:

Hmm. Spike to keep an eye on. I wonder what happened.

Same number of cases as last Saturday...
tb9665
Halloween happened.
MiMi
S
Today's numbers: 54 new confirmed cases, 20 probable cases, 27 Brazos County residents hospitalized, 0 tests, 0 deaths.
lockett93
AG
Sunday's results include:

Todays increase
90's - 0
80's - 1
70's - 1

10 from a cluster

Region N hospitals at 56 (+0) Covid patients, 10 (+0) in ICU
+28 PCR cases today than this day last week
50% in the 18-24 age group (27 people)

MiMi
S
Today's numbers: 40 new confirmed cases, 17 probable cases, 28 Brazos County residents hospitalized, 0 tests, 0 deaths
lockett93
AG
Monday's results include:

Todays increase
90's - 0
80's - 0
70's - 1

Region N hospitals at 55 (-1) Covid patients, 10 (+0) in ICU
+8 PCR cases today than this day last week
56% in the 18-24 age group (22 people)

goatchze
AG
Rapier108 said:

JaneDoe02 said:

Lampstand is one of the nursing homes with an outbreak. It was the location I mentioned on 11-2 on this thread. Back to back EMS calls for clearly positive cases.

The one I mentioned is a very short drive to the hospital and was not Lampstand. Outbreak started 10/22 or so.

That makes at least two facilities.
Rapier108
goatchze said:

Rapier108 said:

JaneDoe02 said:

The one I mentioned is a very short drive to the hospital and was not Lampstand. Outbreak started 10/22 or so.

That makes at least two facilities.
And the one right next to it also had an outbreak, assuming we're talking about the same one.

The fourth is in College Station.

Thankfully it seems like the outbreaks there have mostly burned out as we're not seeing a huge number of cases involving people 70+ as we were for the past ~3 weeks.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
JaneDoe02
AG
It's early and I haven't had much coffee, but the TAMU site says 367 positive for the week ending 11/7. The county numbers seem lower than that. Am I missing something?
dubi
AG
JaneDoe02 said:

It's early and I haven't had much coffee, but the TAMU site says 367 positive for the week ending 11/7. The county numbers seem lower than that. Am I missing something?
TAMU numbers are not included in the county numbers.
lockett93
AG
dubi said:

JaneDoe02 said:

Tamu numbers on their dashboard include self reported numbers and may also be from non brazos county residents.

TAMU testing, both random testing they did to start the semester, and the walk up testing they are doing now are reported to BCHD or other counties based on residence for the person.
MiMi
S
Today's numbers: 43 new confirmed cases, 9 probable cases, 31 Brazos County residents hospitalized, 615 tests, 0 deaths
lockett93
AG
Tuesday's results include:

Todays increase
90's - 0
80's - 0
70's - 1

Region N hospitals at 58 (+3) Covid patients, 12 (+2) in ICU
+1 PCR cases today than this day last week
54% in the 18-24 age group (23 people)

MiMi
S
Today's numbers: 58 new confirmed cases, 19 probable cases, 28 Brazos County residents hospitalized, 311 tests, 5 deaths - one male in his 80's, two females in their 80's, and one male in his 90's that were all hospitalized. And a male in his 80's, who was not hospitalized.

Rapier108
MiMi said:

Today's numbers: 58 new confirmed cases, 19 probable cases, 28 Brazos County residents hospitalized, 311 tests, 5 deaths - one male in his 80's, two females in their 80's, and one male in his 90's that were all hospitalized. And a male in his 80's, who was not hospitalized.
So 4 of the 5 were all likely the result of the nursing home outbreaks and the 5th probably as well.

And our useless local media still won't even look into it.
lockett93
AG
Wednesday's results include:

Todays increase
90's - 0
80's - 0
70's - 6

Region N hospitals at 58 (+0) Covid patients, 12 (+0) in ICU
+19 PCR cases today than this day last week
33% in the 18-24 age group (19 people)

lockett93
AG
I wonder how/why the worldometer.info site showed these deaths days ago but the BCHD just now reports them... they now show 83, so I expect more are pending public release as well.
cavscout96
AG
lockett93 said:

I wonder how/why the worldometer.info site showed these deaths days ago but the BCHD just now reports them... they now show 83, so I expect more are pending public release as well.
we've already established the incompetence of BCHD in both reporting and messaging.
Nosmo
AG
lockett93 said:

dubi said:

JaneDoe02 said:

Tamu numbers on their dashboard include self reported numbers and may also be from non brazos county residents.

TAMU testing, both random testing they did to start the semester, and the walk up testing they are doing now are reported to BCHD or other counties based on residence for the person.
lockett93,

Do you have a link to how TAMU & Brazos county determines residency? I was not successful in my searches and only found detail explanation for state of Alabama, and that was sketchy.

It said they initially counted cases against the students home county, as they think that is where they caught Covid. They said once they are established in the area, they count it against the school county.

I'm paraphrasing and it's probably more complicated as maybe the student goes back home and creates another scenario.

The numbers of college age people shot up as soon as TAMU opened up for fall, and it's hard to believe that was attributable to Brazos county A&M students only.

I'm just speculating.
Rapier108
The BCHD is going to have a press conference tomorrow at 2:00PM.

It would be nice if they were actually going to give us real information, but it will likely be stuff we already know, and then some local leaders demanding we "do more" or they'll lock us down again.
The Brazos Kid
What are the odds on we get chastised for not doing enough with full mask compliance, social distancing, gatherings etc?

Everybody do your part. Your mask protects those around you. Don't be selfish.

Does Mayor Moonbeam give us another "I was in HEB and saw people without masks" speech?

Ugh
Rapier108
TxFoundry said:

What are the odds on we get chastised for not doing enough with full mask compliance, social distancing, gatherings etc?

Everybody do your part. Your mask protects those around you. Don't be selfish.

Does Mayor Moonbeam give us another "I was in HEB and saw people without masks" speech?

Ugh
He'll tell us how he drives around town and see people out walking without masks and we better wear them or else.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
I'd be more than willing to sign the recall petition for any elected official who even mentions the word "lockdown" again
Rapier108
And our local media continues to tow the line to spread coronafear and prep the population for another lock down.

Blaming students, bars, Halloween, and indirectly football games; and not a word on the 4 nursing homes, and the fact that all the deaths are from people 70+.

https://www.kbtx.com/2020/11/12/concerning-covid-19-statistics-in-brazos-county/

Staff, would listing the other nursing homes be a rule violation? While I am certain that the other three locations have had outbreaks, I cannot confirm it with news article or press release as it is all based on EMS calls on Broadcastify.
lockett93
AG
Sorry, I don't. But I remember reading that if they had a local address they would be reported to the BHCD
First Page Last Page
Page 99 of 190

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.