B/CS number of cases update? 11-17-20 Staff Edit on OP

1,095,744 Views | 6626 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Nosmo
isitjustme
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
MiMi said:

Quote:

According to the TDHHS dashboard, the current positivity rate is 11.1%, slightly less than in Brazos county.
The 11.79% positivity rate on the Brazos County Health District daily report is from all cases/tests since this began. Isn't the last 7 or 14 days positivity rate a better indicator of where are at currently?? According to lockett93's spreadsheet, we are at 4.20% positivity for the last 7 days. I calculate a 4.28% positivity rate for the last 14 days.
Yes, it's lower recently and a good indication of where we are now - of course that can change once the students are back in force. I used 11.1% to compare apples to apples. I have no idea what the 7 or 14 day rates are for Texas. Happy they're down here.
tb9665
Type in positivity rate Texas and CBS Austin is reporting 24 for Texas
Rapier108
tb9665 said:

It's wrong, pure and simple. Believe whatever you want, but it is not 24%.

When even the coronadoomers on F84 say its bunk, its bunk.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
scd88
AG
tb9665 said:

Is CBS Austin a TV news site...based out of...Austin? That's your only source? Please tell me you don't think CNN is a great source of unbiased news...
VetSurg
AG
tb9665 said:

Texas overall positivity rate is about 24. Just remember we have additional people arriving in town.
Absolutely worthless statistic as a stand-alone. If only people who are symptomatic are tested, you will have a high positivity rate. If only one person was tested in Brazos County over the next 14 days and they tested positive, we'd have a 100% positivity rate.
K2T2
Rapier108 said:

tb9665 said:

Texas overall positivity rate is about 24. Just remember we have additional people arriving in town.
Jeez, every post you make is doom and gloom.

Actually it is not 24%.

https://texags.com/forums/84/topics/3130369
Ope, lemme add a tally to the number of times you've said/perpetuated doom in this thread!
Rapier108
Do it, because the answer is zero, unless you can't comprehend sarcasm and think I'm being serious when I mock the coronadoom. You've made this same threat before and disappeared, so are you all talk, or do you have the guts to carry out your threat?

Go troll somewhere else.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
Jinx
Sooo, today's numbers? Aren't they usually released before noon?
isitjustme
AG
Jinx said:

They haven't updated the pdf link nor posted on facebook, but his is today's pdf link:

http://brazoshealth.org/sites/default/files/inline-files/8.13.20.pdf

40 new cases, no new deaths reported.
trouble
AG
Jinx said:

Nooooooope. It's been as late as 3pm before.
Rapier108
40 New Cases
0 New Deaths
955 Reported Tests
16 in the Hospital
76% Total Occupancy Rate, 67% ICU (+3% and +2% Respectively)

77801 +0
77802 +9
77803 +10
77807 +0
77808 +0
77840 +10
77845 +11

http://www.brazoshealth.org/sites/default/files/inline-files/8.13.20_0.pdf

Updated file was finally released. Kind of an odd zip code distribution. I'm guessing some of this might be from the drive through testing. The biggest oddity is that 77801 had 0 cases.
trouble
AG
4 discharges

3,801 total recovered

16 Brazos Co patients, 46 regional

Brazos Co hospitals

Total Bed Occupancy: 76%

Total ICU Bed Occupancy: 67%

Regional

Total Staffed Hospital Beds - 486
Available Hospital Beds - 134
Available ICU Beds - 4
Available Ventilators - 52
isitjustme
AG
297 active cases, still 0.13% of population in Brazos County
lockett93
AG
Spreadsheet updated

Link to the Spreadsheet
Nosmo
AG
Didn't see yesterday's (8/13) numbers until this morning (8/14), but big changes in ethnicity %'s on both sets of charts (English & Spanish).

Didn't notice it on local spreadsheet folks.

Typos???
lockett93
AG
Nosmo said:

Didn't notice it on local spreadsheet folks.

Typos???

I didn't notice and went off the top (English) portion which was similar to the prior days percentages, so the Spanish is probably a typo,
Nosmo
AG
Both versions showing today:

42.7% Hisp

30.3% Cauc

17.9% Afr

3.2% other

5.8% unknown

Assuming something different was posted on the website yesterday as I didn't see it until today.
Rapier108
Nosmo said:

Both versions showing today:

42.7% Hisp

30.3% Cauc

17.9% Afr

3.2% other

5.8% unknown

Assuming something different was posted on the website yesterday as I didn't see it until today.
There were three different PDFs released for yesterday's update.

http://www.brazoshealth.org/sites/default/files/inline-files/8.13.20.pdf

http://www.brazoshealth.org/sites/default/files/inline-files/8.13.20_0.pdf

http://www.brazoshealth.org/sites/default/files/inline-files/8.13.20_1.pdf

The third (_1) is the most current which means they found mistakes bad enough to fix it twice.
Nosmo
AG
My kingdom for a...........good data.

Thanks.
FlyRod
11 new cases, two deaths (man in 40s, man in 60s),
Rapier108
11 New Cases
2 New Deaths (Both men, 40s and 60s who were hospitalized. I would guess the 40s is the inmate mentioned earlier in the week.)
258 Reported Tests
14 in the Hospital
Total Hospital Occupancy 74% (-2%) and ICU Occupancy at 61% (-6%)

77802 +1
77803 +3
77807 +3
77808 +1
77845 +3

http://www.brazoshealth.org/sites/default/files/inline-files/8.14.20.pdf
aggielawyer00
AG
KBTX article says inmate death has not been counted yet because it's "treated differently"
lockett93
AG
They messed up on version 3 as well.

Entering the data from the latest version shows daily change of the following:
Af. Am
Cauc
Hisp

They reverted back to what I had in version 1 for today's update...

Spreadsheet updated

Link to the Spreadsheet
isitjustme
AG
Active case rate now down to 0.12%!!
K2T2
Rapier108 said:

Do it, because the answer is zero, unless you can't comprehend sarcasm and think I'm being serious when I mock the coronadoom. You've made this same threat before and disappeared, so are you all talk, or do you have the guts to carry out your threat?

Go troll somewhere else.
****, it's sarcasm? I'm sorry that I've totally misunderstood your dad joke. I'm also not sure what I've threatened. What have I threatened?
Esteban du Plantier
AG
agrab86 said:

Active case rate now down to 0.12%!!

1 in 800?

Pretty safe to say more than 1 in 800 people will get in a car wreck in the next two weeks, some may even die. And I have zero fear of driving with those odds.

Open it up now.
trouble
AG
3 discharges

14 Brazos Co patients, 43 regional

Brazos Co hospitals

Total Bed Occupancy: 74%

Total ICU Bed Occupancy: 61%

Regional

Total Staffed Hospital Beds - 481
Available Hospital Beds - 119
Available ICU Beds - 1
Available Ventilators - 51
Rapier108
15 New Cases
0 New Deaths
224 Reported Tests
14 in the Hospital (no change)
Total Hospital Occupancy 69% (-5%), ICU 51% (-10%)

77802 +2
77803 +2
77808 +1
77840 +4
77845 +6

http://www.brazoshealth.org/sites/default/files/inline-files/8.15.20.pdf
lockett93
AG
Spreadsheet updated

Link to the Spreadsheet

Bunk Moreland
3 people in their 90's? Wonder if related or all in same facility?
isitjustme
AG
264 active cases, or 0.11% of the population in Brazos county. That's 1 in 900.

Also, I recently had to take a covid test - not by choice if I want a procedure - and it came back negative. Didn't think I had the 'rona but relieved nonetheless.
dubi
AG
I needed hand surgery and also had to take a Covid test. It delayed my surgery 2 days on a broken hand.

I had a closed 3rd metacarpal fx(boxer's fx). Every single billable EOB code was prefixed" as "Emergency". Up charging the surgery as "Emergency" 5 days after the wreck is a bit fraudulent IMO.

/sorry for the off topic rant.
Nosmo
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

3 people in their 90's? Wonder if related or all in same facility?
I think this has been mentioned before, but now with over 4,000 cases, 1/10 of one percent is 4 people.

Data is reported in 1/10 of one percent increments. In other words it's rounded off to 1/10 of one percent which is only accurate to be within 4 people at this time. And as the cases grow, the "inaccuracy" per person will grow.

Now factor in that the sum of the percentages sometimes is more or less than 100.0%, they aren't reporting the 90 age group on the charts, and your left with numbers that are very close. But don't get caught up in the minutia, because we don't have it.

The same problem exist with ethnicity.

So until they report number of people, or use two (or more) decimal places, the actual number of people will not be exact.

And I don't think either of those changes will ever take place.

And thanks to those posting and interpreting the data to help us try to get a clearer picture of the gobbledygook.

Bunk Moreland
Gotcha.
Rapier108
12 New Cases
0 New Deaths
0 Reported Tests
13 in the Hospital
68% Total Occupancy, 61% ICU Occupancy (-1% +10% Respectively)

77803 +4
77807 +1
77840 +3
77845 +4

http://www.brazoshealth.org/sites/default/files/inline-files/8.16.20.pdf

They've not updated the link on the page, but the file is posted. Just had to change the url from 8.15 to 8.16.
First Page Last Page
Page 74 of 190

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.