B/CS number of cases update? 11-17-20 Staff Edit on OP

1,095,843 Views | 6626 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Nosmo
UmustBKidding
How long do you want to ignore this user?
If everyone would quit trying to inject facts into the narrative the news organizations would be far happier, fear mongering is hard work.
isitjustme
AG
Slocum on a mobile said:

agrab86 said:

389 active cases - - > 0.17% active case rate in Brazos county. One of 3 or 4 lowest in the kbtx reporting/viewing area.

Excuse me, this does not fit the fearmongering narrative we've been working on for several months....

Did anyone catch the news story out of Houston about the drug that has gotten several folks off of a vent quickly?
https://abc13.com/treatment-for-covid-19-coronavirus-houston-methodist-hospital-how-to-treat/6357769/
My apologies to all, but I gotta be me. We're all just trying to re-shape the narrative.
MiMi
S
today's numbers: 16 new cases, 423 tests, 1 death
scd88
AG
We are ready for students. Bring it on. It's not going to get any better than what we have right now.

It will get worse from a pure numbers standpoint; but I don't expect hospitals to be stressed.
Rapier108
Death was a man in his 80s who was not hospitalized
Down to 13 in the hospital
Total hospital occupancy dropped 9%, ICU 4%

77801 +1
77802 +1
77803 +3
77807 +2
77808 +4
77840 +3
77845 +2

http://www.brazoshealth.org/sites/default/files/inline-files/8.8.20.pdf
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
isitjustme
AG
352 active cas s cin Brazos County, or 0.15% of the population. The trend downward continues.
trouble
AG
5 discharges

52 more recovered

13 Brazos Co patients, 48 regional

Brazos Co hospitals

Total Bed Occupancy: 64%

Total ICU Bed Occupancy: 78%

Regional

Total Staffed Hospital Beds - 482
Available Hospital Beds - 135
Available ICU Beds - 3
Available Ventilators - 37
Post removed:
by user
lockett93
AG
Spreadsheet updated.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11DhOiIPQwUQ5teJsvOV_JYp-zDkE4Eq5bQ91fud7y9Q

tb9665
Went by Tanglewood Park yesterday. There was a birthday party with around 100 people and the biggest waterslide I have ever seen. No social distancing, masks etc. Give the numbers a few days.
scd88
AG
tb9665 said:

Went by Tanglewood Park yesterday. There was a birthday party with around 100 people and the biggest waterslide I have ever seen. No social distancing, masks etc. Give the numbers a few days.

Maybe there will be a spike, maybe there won't; but these kinds of predictions are tiresome. Why is there a need to tattle on someone else? I see it all the time and can't help but think of how much energy it takes to police others when all you have to do is mind your own business.

Tell you what - I'll provide you a chance to lecture me. 3 weeks ago, my son got married in the DFW area. Covid led to adjustments regarding numbers and venue. 100 people came to this outdoor wedding and party. No masks, no social distancing. Nobody got sick.

Hell of a party; no regrets. Would do again.
BCSWguru
Went to a funeral in Brazos County 3 weeks ago. 50 people. Very few masks. No distancing. 0 people sick.
Tailgate88
AG
I'll play. One month ago yesterday my daughter got married at a local well-known venue. 120+ people. Very few masks (grandparents etc. ). No social distancing. Lots of dancing and merriment. 40-50 people at rehearsal dinner the previous night. Same situation. Zero people got sick.
gunan01
AG
Your spreadsheet is awesome and really has a ton of info. It looks like our percent positive Tests is trending back towards 10%. Most epidemiologists say that if you have 5-10% positive tests, you're testing enough.
trouble
AG
tb9665 said:

That's been happening nearly every weekend. It's frustrating to see.
Post removed:
by user
jeffk
AG
Maybe we should start an "Anecdotal Experiences with Groups of Unmasked People" thread?
trouble
AG
Yes, and it's esp frustrating to see the number of positive cases grow in their demographic.
Belton Ag
AG
jeffk said:

Maybe we should start an "Anecdotal Experiences with Groups of Unmasked People" thread?
Right next to the "I saw some folks with no masks on and now we're facing the Apocalypse" thread.
jeffk
AG
I wrote the title to include both annoying sets of people.
Rapier108
15 New Cases
0 New Deaths
0 Reported Tests
11 in the hospital.
Total occupancy up 4%, ICU down 2%.

77801 +2
77803 +5
77807 +1
77808 +1
77840 +3
77845 +3

http://www.brazoshealth.org/sites/default/files/inline-files/8.9.20.pdf
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
isitjustme
AG
21 fewer active cases, now down to 331, or 0.14% of Brazos County population.
Carny89
Anyone here that has not wore a mask? Just curious.
redd38
AG
Carny89 said:

Depends what I'm doing
scd88
AG
Carny89 said:

See thread created about non-numbers related covid discussion.
Post removed:
by user
lockett93
AG
Spreadsheet updated.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11DhOiIPQwUQ5teJsvOV_JYp-zDkE4Eq5bQ91fud7y9Q
isitjustme
AG
Numbers are up. For my contribution to this reporting, active cases are down a bit more to 322, and the rate is still 0.14% in Brazos County.
MiMi
S
14 new cases, 309 tests, 1 death
lockett93
AG
Spreadsheet updated for 8/10/2020

scd88
AG
I don't see the number dropping any further than this. So what now?

I figure we need to see what the impact of the students is going to have. Should be interesting.
Belton Ag
AG
We should expect large bumps in the next few weeks. With schools starting and A&M back on campus cases will rise.

From Sullivan's press conference on Friday, they're expecting it and seem to be confident they can handle it.
trouble
AG
Death was a hospitalized female in her 50s

no discharges

almost 3700 recovered

17 Brazos Co patients, 41 regional

Brazos Co hospitals

Total Bed Occupancy: 66%

Total ICU Bed Occupancy: 63%

Regional

Total Staffed Hospital Beds - 448
Available Hospital Beds - 169
Available ICU Beds - 3
Available Ventilators - 42
trouble
AG
Belton Ag said:

We should expect large bumps in the next few weeks. With schools starting and A&M back on campus cases will rise.

From Sullivan's press conference on Friday, they're expecting it and seem to be confident they can handle it.
The message needs to managed as well. Cases are expected to increase. We need to watch hospitalizations.

Wear a mask and/or social distance.

Stay home if you are sick or think you have been exposed.

Wash your damn hands.
cavscout96
AG
scd88 said:

I don't see the number dropping any further than this. So what now?

I figure we need to see what the impact of the students is going to have. Should be interesting.
we should know in..... two weeks.
First Page Last Page
Page 72 of 190

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.