B/CS number of cases update? 11-17-20 Staff Edit on OP

1,099,349 Views | 6626 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Nosmo
Rapier108
How long do you want to ignore this user?
tb9665 said:

No numbers yet???
Nope, they're running late.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
Rapier108
101 New Cases
299 New Tests
0 New Deaths
41 In the Hospital (+10 -0 if I read it right)

77801 +5
77802 +8
77803 +25
77807 +5
77808 +2
77840 +26
77843 +1
77845 +29

http://brazoshealth.org/sites/default/files/inline-files/7.2.20.pdf
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
MiMi
S
http://www.brazoshealth.org/sites/default/files/inline-files/7.2.20.pdf

101 new cases, 299 new tests
trouble
AG
1 discharge

71 more recovered (which puts us at almost half of all cases recovered)

Hospital occupancy: 76%

ICU occupancy: 67%
trouble
AG
Or, if posting like that is what you prefer, maybe take it to politics or the covid board.
saltydog13
AG
How are they determining the number of recovered cases? Seems like that number is very very slow to go down vs other counties like montgomery with only ~830 active out of 2200 and walker county with ~330 active out of over 2000 total cases. If someone tests positive but has no symptoms, how long is that person considered "active". I would assume a good portion of the active cases are asymptomatic
lockett93
AG
Spreadsheet updated.

Some rounding issues where the percentages given are finite enough to get exactly the same numbers...

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11DhOiIPQwUQ5teJsvOV_JYp-zDkE4Eq5bQ91fud7y9Q
trouble
AG

*Recovered is defined as someone who has been fever-free for 72 hours without fever-reducing medications, and it has been 10 days after onset of symptoms. This number also includes those cases that are assumed to be recovered based on the average duration of illness.
K2T2
trouble said:

1 discharge

71 more recovered (which puts us at almost half of all cases recovered)

Hospital occupancy: 76%

ICU occupancy: 67%
As of 6/31/20 according to their graphic - I must have slept through that day!

Also, to put that almost half recovered bit into perspective - the people who are marked as recovered is everyone from the beginning of tracking until June 19/20, just 2 weeks ago. We've had half of our total cases discovered in the past 2 weeks.
trouble
AG
There's a date on the graphic?

They were doing a really bad job of reporting recovered cases for a while. With most of the new cases being young and asymptomatic, I expect that number to continue to grow.
trouble
AG
Never mind. I see where you meant.

I'm using the ugly infographic with no date because I hate their graphs.
saltydog13
AG
Didn't realize that. Thanks for pointing it out
MiMi
S
I believe the health department only lists the number of hospitalized patients from Brazos county, do we know the number of patients currently hospitalized that come from surrounding counties?
K2T2
saltydog13 said:

Didn't realize that. Thanks for pointing it out
I maintain a spreadsheet with charts because nothing local was really putting out easy to see information, especially in a way where you can see it over time. These are up through today, with an 8 day moving average trendline.

Cases per Day
Hospitalizations per Day

Edit: The data I use is pulled from the info the Health Dept has been publishing since mid March

Edit again: Any better way to get these in my post so that they're visible right here instead of having to go through a shared image on my Google Drive?
trouble
AG
Let me see if I can find it. Someone usually posts it on the health department Facebook.
trouble
AG
MiMi said:

I believe the health department only lists the number of hospitalized patients from Brazos county, do we know the number of patients currently hospitalized that come from surrounding counties?

It's 54 total so only 13 not from Brazos county currently.

link for those who want to know where I got that number. We're region N.

https://txdshs.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html?fbclid=IwAR1v3HLy6SwMYRzRabH8EBweaQLwG7zdNCdOg5I1StoK-Z7JtosNGWwkm2A#/0d8bdf9be927459d9cb11b9eaef6101f
trouble
AG
With the new image uploader, just save it to your phone or computer then directly upload it in your post.

Like this.
MiMi
S
Quote:

It's 54 total so only 13 not from Brazos county currently.
Thank you! I think this total number of COVID patients is a better representative of where we are with regard to capacity.
K2T2
trouble said:

With the new image uploader, just save it to your phone or computer then directly upload it in your post.

Like this.

Thanks for putting that up! I don't have that option - it looks like it's for paid users only.
trouble
AG
I'll try to remember to look it up daily. Some are acting like we're getting as many from outlying areas as we are from in our county.
trouble
AG
Yes, it is. You can feel free to send them to me and I'll post them.

My email is northcutt.jenn@gmail.com
FlyRod
Do we have the age breakdowns yet?
tb9665
The governor just issued a statewide mask order. Only counties exempt have less than 20 cases. Law enforcement is suppose to handle the problems.
Rapier108
tb9665 said:

The governor just issued a statewide mask order. Only counties exempt have less than 20 cases. Law enforcement is suppose to handle the problems.
In other words, every freaking Karen is going to be calling the cops 24/7, just like in March and April.

Abbott is an idiot.
trouble
AG
Did he rescind his order about not fining individuals?

Because if not, there's no reason for his new mandate
tb9665
By 13 news out of Houston, first time warning, second time 250.00 fine. They will have a one hour town hall on 13 news with Abbott a panelist.
nthomas99
AG
trouble said:

Did he rescind his order about not fining individuals?

Because if not, there's no reason for his new mandate
https://open.texas.gov/uploads/files/organization/opentexas/EO-GA-29-use-of-face-coverings-during-COVID-19-IMAGE-07-02-2020.pdf

$250 fine (actually, not to exceed) on second offense after verbal or written warning.
trouble
AG
I found it. I was mostly wondering because it was his previous order that put the onus on businesses to make individuals comply.
SPI-FlatsCatter 84
AG
Unless I read it wrong, it is BASICALLY just for indoors most buildings

Or tightly populated outdoors areas
SPI-FlatsCatter 84 said:

Unless I read it wrong, it is BASICALLY just for indoors most buildings

Or tightly populated outdoors areas
Give him a week. He'll probably mandate it as soon as you walk out of your home including when driving.
trouble
AG
Yes, indoors or when you can't maintain 6' of distance outdoors.

I don't like it being mandated but it seems no one is going to listen otherwise.

And protesters are not exempt.
Rapier108
trouble said:

And protesters are not exempt.
Ha Ha Ha!

Like anyone will dare enforce that rule on the "protesters."
Bunk Moreland
Shame
Bunk Moreland
It's the exact same language as Brazos County order last week. You don't have to wear a mask indoors in a commercial building if you can maintain safe distances
trouble
AG
I don't think they'll enforce it on anyone. No one has time for that crap.
First Page Last Page
Page 47 of 190

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.