B/CS number of cases update? 11-17-20 Staff Edit on OP

800,520 Views | 5508 Replies | Last: 42 min ago by Rapier108
Rapier108
How long do you want to ignore this user?
MiMi said:

From KBTX:

Quote:

The Brazos County Health District says that the 52 positive cases from the mobile collection site at the Brazos Expo held on August 10-12th will be included in these numbers over the next few days as cases are processed by the health district.

I'm not sure how many tests were performed during this event, but it may explain the large number of tests?
I think much of the drive through testing was already counted, with a lot of it being the day where 40 cases reported.

Most likely we're seeing tests from A&M starting to come in.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
isitjustme
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
271 active cases, rate back up to 0.12% of Brazos County population.
Belton Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
lockett93 said:


From the BCHD Facebook page.

At the mobile collection site at the Brazos Expo on August 10-12, 806 tests were performed. There were 52 positive confirmed cases from Brazos County. These cases will be included over the next few days as these cases are processed by the health district.
So roughly 6.5% positivity rate from this testing event?

For those that think positivity rate is a useful metric, this would be a pretty good result, right?

I'm really, really anxious to see the rate from A&M's random testing.
Belton Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Rapier108 said:

MiMi said:

From KBTX:

Quote:

The Brazos County Health District says that the 52 positive cases from the mobile collection site at the Brazos Expo held on August 10-12th will be included in these numbers over the next few days as cases are processed by the health district.

I'm not sure how many tests were performed during this event, but it may explain the large number of tests?
I think much of the drive through testing was already counted, with a lot of it being the day where 40 cases reported.

Most likely we're seeing tests from A&M starting to come in.
I thought that was going to be reported separately...
Rapier108
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Belton Ag said:

Rapier108 said:

MiMi said:

From KBTX:

Quote:

The Brazos County Health District says that the 52 positive cases from the mobile collection site at the Brazos Expo held on August 10-12th will be included in these numbers over the next few days as cases are processed by the health district.

I'm not sure how many tests were performed during this event, but it may explain the large number of tests?
I think much of the drive through testing was already counted, with a lot of it being the day where 40 cases reported.

Most likely we're seeing tests from A&M starting to come in.
I thought that was going to be reported separately...
Not by the BCHD. They're just going to lump all the tests into the daily number.

A&M will report their own results so we'll have to figure out what's what.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
Post removed:
by user
Belton Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Rapier108 said:

Belton Ag said:

Rapier108 said:

MiMi said:

From KBTX:

Quote:

The Brazos County Health District says that the 52 positive cases from the mobile collection site at the Brazos Expo held on August 10-12th will be included in these numbers over the next few days as cases are processed by the health district.

I'm not sure how many tests were performed during this event, but it may explain the large number of tests?
I think much of the drive through testing was already counted, with a lot of it being the day where 40 cases reported.

Most likely we're seeing tests from A&M starting to come in.
I thought that was going to be reported separately...
Not by the BCHD. They're just going to lump all the tests into the daily number.

A&M will report their own results so we'll have to figure out what's what.
OK, I was actually under the impression they would NOT be included in the BCHD numbers.

I'm glad they are, though.
cavscout96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Unknown, but I'd be surprised if so.

More likely med school and school of public health.
tb9665
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I was talking to someone yesterday and they said their relative was taken from St. Josephs to Houston by helicopter yesterday morning because they could do more for them down there. So, that would be counted as a discharge?
lockett93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Numbers are up for today

Spreadsheet updated

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11DhOiIPQwUQ5teJsvOV_JYp-zDkE4Eq5bQ91fud7y9Q
Rapier108
How long do you want to ignore this user?
41 New Cases
1,121 Reported Tests
Still 6 in the Hospital (0 Admitted, 0 Discharged)
68% Total Hospital Occupancy (-1%), 44% ICU Occupancy (-2%)

77801+ 2
77802+ 0
77803+ 14
77807+ 3
77808+ 0
77840+ 19
77845+ 18

Unknown +3

The zip code numbers add up to 59, not 41. This is due to the ones yesterday not showing any new cases for several zip codes including 77845.

http://www.brazoshealth.org/sites/default/files/inline-files/8.23.20.pdf
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
EBrazosAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
lockett93 said:

Numbers are up for today

Spreadsheet updated

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11DhOiIPQwUQ5teJsvOV_JYp-zDkE4Eq5bQ91fud7y9Q


Best daily data review available- lockett93 deserves a TexAgs community award for the effort and diligence. As a doctor it's the first thing I look at when the daily count comes out.
isitjustme
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The Health Dept says 298 cases, my math comes out to 297 cases. Either way, just under 0.13% of Brazos County residents currently have Covid.

Students started returning about 10 days ago, and this recent increase in numbers, with most being in 77840/5, has been expected. Also, the 15-29 y.o. share of cases went from 43.5% to 43.9% since last Sunday. There will be more but hopefully it doesn't get out of control.
Rapier108
How long do you want to ignore this user?
39 New Cases
0 New Deaths
0 Reported Tests (No surprise for a Monday)
Still 6 in the hospital (no admissions or discharges)
Total Hospital Occupancy 64% (-4%), ICU Occupancy 42% (-2%)

Something screwy on the zip codes again. Doesn't total out right, and 77803 is showing a -8 change.

77801 +2
77802 +0
77803 -8 (Went from 1244 to 1236)
77807 +1
77808 +1
77840 +27
77845 +5

http://www.brazoshealth.org/sites/default/files/inline-files/8.24.20.pdf
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
Bunk Moreland
How long do you want to ignore this user?
sorry I haven't kept up with the thread so apologies if this was already asked but these cases include students/A&M correct?

So the immediate doubling from ~15-20 up to ~35-40 can be inferred that we're beginning to deal with the results of students arriving back in town?

Spread from schools being open K-12 likely wouldn't start showing up until end of this week or next one would think
Rapier108
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Bunk Moreland said:

sorry I haven't kept up with the thread so apologies if this was already asked but these cases include students/A&M correct?
Yes, but we don't know how many. The BCHD just lumps them in with the regular total. A&M says they'll put out their own results, so we'll have to figure it all out ourselves.

Quote:

So the immediate doubling from ~15-20 up to ~35-40 can be inferred that we're beginning to deal with the results of students arriving back in town?
Most likely, especially given the zip codes and age ranges.

Quote:

Spread from schools being open K-12 likely wouldn't start showing up until end of this week or next one would think
Yep, it would be at least a week or more before we'd start seeing anything connected to K-12.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
scd88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The numbers were always going to go up when the students got here. So long it stays steady and the hospitalizations do the same, I don't see why anyone would freak out.

We just added 40,000 college kids to the population. This was always going to happen regarding the numbers. The community was ready for them, same with the medical facilities and, so far, I can't help but think we are OK.
cavscout96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
scd88 said:

The numbers were always going to go up when the students got here. So long it stays steady and the hospitalizations do the same, I don't see why anyone would freak out.

We just added 40,000 college kids to the population. This was always going to happen regarding the numbers. The community was ready for them, same with the medical facilities and, so far, I can't help but think we are OK.
probably closer to 45k or even 50k if A&Ms numbers that 73% returned to campus are accurate. So, yes, no surprise that number would go up.
KidDoc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Rapier108 said:

Bunk Moreland said:

sorry I haven't kept up with the thread so apologies if this was already asked but these cases include students/A&M correct?
Yes, but we don't know how many. The BCHD just lumps them in with the regular total. A&M says they'll put out their own results, so we'll have to figure it all out ourselves.

Quote:

So the immediate doubling from ~15-20 up to ~35-40 can be inferred that we're beginning to deal with the results of students arriving back in town?
Most likely, especially given the zip codes and age ranges.

Quote:

Spread from schools being open K-12 likely wouldn't start showing up until end of this week or next one would think
Yep, it would be at least a week or more before we'd start seeing anything connected to K-12.
Yes it is likely the college age. I wish they had the age pie graph by active cases as well as all cases.

I agree all that really matters is hospital status and death. With a mass migration event we are going to have a spike in cases for sure.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
isitjustme
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
321 active cases, or .014% of Brazos Valley population. Time to stay calm.
Post removed:
by user
lockett93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Spreadsheet updated

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11DhOiIPQwUQ5teJsvOV_JYp-zDkE4Eq5bQ91fud7y9Q

Thanks for the kind words EBrazosAg...

cavscout96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
31/38 new cases in the 15-30 age range.

~82%
cavscout96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
lockett,

your SS race breakdown only adds to 20. Typo?
AgCPA
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Wish they would detail age of cases and whether they had symptoms of some type. Most are going to be college age with zero risk statistically and most asymptomatic. They are who we need to bear the brunt of this anyway. Likely they came to campus with hundreds having it and not knowing it.
cavscout96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
age breakdowns are in lockets's SS linked above
lockett93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
cavscout96 said:

lockett,

your SS race breakdown only adds to 20. Typo?


Unfortunately not,

10.3% of cases today are other or unknown. Up from 10.0% yesterday.
JMac03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
cavscout96 said:

scd88 said:

The numbers were always going to go up when the students got here. So long it stays steady and the hospitalizations do the same, I don't see why anyone would freak out.

We just added 40,000 college kids to the population. This was always going to happen regarding the numbers. The community was ready for them, same with the medical facilities and, so far, I can't help but think we are OK.
probably closer to 45k or even 50k if A&Ms numbers that 73% returned to campus are accurate. So, yes, no surprise that number would go up.
I can tell you if 73% came back, they sure as heck aren't going to in person classes. I have been all around campus this week and last. There are not many students at all walking across campus. I probably had 50 walk past me out of Wehner on Friday in between classes.

(note I am not arguing 73% did or did not come back, just that my guess is most wanted to get away from home but they aren't necessarily attending class in person)
Rapier108
How long do you want to ignore this user?
lockett93 said:

cavscout96 said:

lockett,

your SS race breakdown only adds to 20. Typo?


Unfortunately not,

10.3% of cases today are other or unknown. Up from 10.0% yesterday.
The last time there was a bunch of "unknowns" in the race category, it was due to the cases from Parc at Traditions. Given that, there is a very good chance the new unknowns are the result of A&M's testing and the university is not providing that piece of information.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
cavscout96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
lockett93 said:

cavscout96 said:

lockett,

your SS race breakdown only adds to 20. Typo?


Unfortunately not,

10.3% of cases today are other or unknown. Up from 10.0% yesterday.
weird
cavscout96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
JMac03 said:

cavscout96 said:

scd88 said:

The numbers were always going to go up when the students got here. So long it stays steady and the hospitalizations do the same, I don't see why anyone would freak out.

We just added 40,000 college kids to the population. This was always going to happen regarding the numbers. The community was ready for them, same with the medical facilities and, so far, I can't help but think we are OK.
probably closer to 45k or even 50k if A&Ms numbers that 73% returned to campus are accurate. So, yes, no surprise that number would go up.
I can tell you if 73% came back, they sure as heck aren't going to in person classes. I have been all around campus this week and last. There are not many students at all walking across campus. I probably had 50 walk past me out of Wehner on Friday in between classes.

(note I am not arguing 73% did or did not come back, just that my guess is most wanted to get away from home but they aren't necessarily attending class in person)
yes, it doesn't "feel" like 73% at all on campus. Driving around town definitely "feels" like way more than actually moving around on campus.
Rapier108
How long do you want to ignore this user?
43 New Cases
0 New Deaths
0 Reported Tests
9 in the Hospital (-1, +4)
Total Hospital Occupancy 67% (+3%), ICU Occupancy 46% (+4%)

77801 +2
77802 +1
77803 +7
77807 +1
77808 +1
77840 +29
77845 +2

http://www.brazoshealth.org/sites/default/files/inline-files/8.25.20.pdf
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
isitjustme
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
341 active cases, or .015% of Brazos county population thanks to another large batch of 77840/5, likely younger, cases.
Bunk Moreland
How long do you want to ignore this user?
so far I'm pleased with the 'increase'
Belton Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Holding steady so far. Do we know when A&M "portal" will be live so we can start seeing the results of the tests they've been given?
First Page Last Page
Page 77 of 158
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.