B/CS number of cases update? 11-17-20 Staff Edit on OP

1,113,710 Views | 6626 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Nosmo
FlyRod
How long do you want to ignore this user?
108 new cases reported today, 4 new deaths.
MiMi
S
Today's numbers: 108 new confirmed cases, 10 probable cases, 53(+7) Brazos county residents hospitalized, 845 tests, 4 deaths - a hospitalized female in her 60s, a female in her 90s at home, a female in her 80s at home, and a female in her 90s at home

Current Brazos County vaccination numbers: 1201 people vaccinated with at least one dose.

Total COVID hospitalizations in Region N: 126(-1); 19.72% of total hospital capacity
TAMU1990
AG
That vaccination number is way too low. If the heathcare providers don't want the vaccine, then it's time to move on to 1B. Vaccinations should be happening every 5 minutes everywhere. It doesn't take 3 weeks to make a consent form for the public.

I had to pick up a prescription at HEB yesterday and there was no one there for any vaccine of any sort and there weren't any vaccines scheduled either. They are just waiting for the healthcare workers to show up at these retail pharmacies. It's wasted time.

What's Next with the COVID19 Vaccine in Texas

Quote:

"All providers that have received COVID-19 vaccine must immediately vaccinate healthcare workers, Texans over the age of 65, and people with medical conditions that put them at a greater risk of severe disease or death from COVID-19. No vaccine should be kept in reserve."
DSHS Commissioner John Hellerstedt, M.D.
EBrazosAg
AG
The whole documentation process and watching for reactions is slowing the rollout down. When I got mine it was pretty easy but still takes longer than it should. I agree the pharmacies should just give them out.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
AggiePhil
AG
https://dshs.texas.gov/coronavirus/immunize/vaccine
Post removed:
by user
dubi
AG
Slocum on a mobile said:

My wife (who got her shot last week) said that everyone here is reserving their doses for medical personnel. I know this doesn't line up with what the DSHS guy says, but that's what happening.

There seems to be a lot of misinformation and clooginess with this whole process, but I'm not surprised given how are elected officials have dealt with the whole situation.

Law enforcement and firefighters are getting it also in BCS.
Lizord02
Is this Moderna available info new on the DSHS map site? If true this means St. Joseph is reporting they have 2180 doses available, and if that is true there is no reason why they should be not vaccinating 1b as they received their 2300 of their doses during week 2.
https://i.imgur.com/xLOEJII.png
EBrazosAg
AG
Allocated and arrived are two different numbers.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Lizord02
Any idea what "available" means? That's the language DSHS is using on their map not arrived or allocated.
txgardengirl
I know a few healthcare workers who have opted to not get the vaccine - at some point, they have to pass those on to the 1B category you would think
EBrazosAg
AG
I'm guessing it's allocated. I can't imagine they can really track delivered doses as bad as they have performed elsewhere.
Lizord02
You also have to consider that once they start vaccinating 1b as directed, it's not like they will bar phase 1a people from getting the vaccine. I wonder why St. Joe's is the only hospital/pharmacy reporting number of doses available to the DSHS.
Lizord02
Take a look at the image I posted. They have numbers for both shipped (allocated, to the provider that is) and available, so I don't think they mean the same thing, especially since the numbers are different. I don't think DSHS is counting, it's probably people at the hospitals who then have to report to DSHS.
MiMi
S
Today's numbers: 100 new confirmed cases, 2 probable cases, 55 Brazos county residents hospitalized, 985 tests (since last reported on 1/1), 0 deaths

Current Brazos County vaccination numbers: 1397 people vaccinated with at least one dose.

Total COVID hospitalizations in Region N: 145; 24.37% of total hospital capacity
scd88
AG
Thanks, Mimi.
MiMi
S
Today's numbers: 104 new confirmed cases, 1 probable case, 61 (+6) Brazos county residents hospitalized, 574 tests, 1 death - a male in his 60's who was hospitalized

Current Brazos County vaccination numbers: 1402 people vaccinated with at least one dose.

Total COVID hospitalizations in Region N: 140; 23.81% of total hospital capacity
theNetSmith
AG
Wow. 5 additional vaccinations reported since yesterday.
dubi
AG
theNetSmith said:

Wow. 5 additional vaccinations reported since yesterday.
I don't think the hospitals and nursing homes are vaccinating on the weekends so you should not expect a change.
theNetSmith
AG
well, dammit, they should be
Nosmo
AG
theNetSmith said:

well, dammit, they should be
Noted that the post maybe "tongue in cheek", but I am beginning to wonder about just how serious the people implementing really are over the vaccine roll out.

Whether it's number lag in the system, or non-business day lack of shots, you'd think there would be more urgency. Jebuzz, the media is treating this as an apocalypse, and at least from the numbers the state is reporting, the county is averaging 126 shots per day over the past week.

Hopefully things look better quickly, but I'm finding it harder each day to defend the numbers.

Edit: That 126 represents 126 / 12,034 (in group 1A), or 1.1% per day.
Rapier108
Numbers are going to be wonky due to the weekend + holiday.

Wait until Wednesday or Thursday to see how everything shakes out.
Oogway
If the vaccines were available, and other personnel in place (they aren't unfortunately), I gotta say, the Corps of Cadets could have every arm in Aggieland with a jab in a couple of hours in a drive through shot clinic, they are that good.

Just from watching them organize the Big Event, to participating in various other events they've volunteered with doing traffic control (like the Armadillo Dash and other runs in town) they are great.

Eliminatus
AG
Oogway said:

If the vaccines were available, and other personnel in place (they aren't unfortunately), I gotta say, the Corps of Cadets could have every arm in Aggieland with a jab in a couple of hours in a drive through shot clinic, they are that good.

Just from watching them organize the Big Event, to participating in various other events they've volunteered with doing traffic control (like the Armadillo Dash and other runs in town) they are great.

At this point it is just frustrating as hell to see. I despise inefficiency and that is what we are seeing at best.

This rollout has been eye rolling bad across the nation but it seems to be super bad here in BCS. Is there one specific person or group who is handling the vaccine distribution for the entire area or do the hospitals just get their batches and do their own thing? Just curious.
trouble
AG
If only our health department felt it necessary to keep us informed...

Harris county is providing shots through the health department. It was a pain in the ass for my friend who did it Saturday but they have a process in place at least
cavscout96
AG
12% That's where we are after however many days since this started.

Ludicrous. Unacceptable.

Was there, seriously, no plan to get this done in short order?

Will anyone ask the BCHD, Judge, Mayors, Hospital CEOs. (rhetorical. I already know the answer)

WHAT. A. JOKE.
MiMi
S
Quote:

do the hospitals just get their batches and do their own thing? Just curious.
The hospitals and pharmacies decide who gets it and when.

Scott&White sent out an email on Dec 15 which included:

Quote:

When and where to get your vaccine

We will continue to share ongoing updates to keep you informed about when, where and how to get your COVID-19 vaccine but you can help prepare today. When the time comes, it's best to have the MyBSWHealth app installed and up to date. Download the app and create an account, or update your medical history today.

Not really helpful at all and no updates since that email.
BQ_90
AG
contract Chick-fil-A out to do drive thru vaccines; it'll take them about 2 hours to do the entire country
cavscout96
AG
Oogway said:

I can tell you, without a doubt, if you had put a military organization in charge of this operation, round one of phase one would be complete already. Well, except maybe the Air Force.....
cavscout96
AG
Everyone in 1A should have been pre-screened and filled out however many informed consent forms before the first batch ever hit the ground.

Turn in your papers
Get in line
Get your shot

It ain't that hard.

If it's up to the hospitals, they should have had these demographics figured out well in advance and had these folks prepared and ready to go. A little harder for the pharmacies, I presume, since it's likely a lot of walk-in traffic.

YET AGAIN, we see a failure of planning, coordination, and information flow from our elected and appointed "leaders."

Absolute BS.
BlueMiles
AG
BQ_90 said:

contract Chick-fil-A out to do drive thru vaccines; it'll take them about 2 hours to do the entire country

Or H--B (thinking of their Hurricane response).
I don't know why TexAgs won't let me post HEB with dashes. Or spaces.
Cancelled
AG
Local officials are good at telling people what to do, but fail on doing things.
trouble
AG
Except for the long term care residents, it's often a HUGE pain in the ass to get the MPOA to sign consents. It was one of the more annoying parts of my job when I was running an assisted living.
BQ_90
AG
BlueMiles said:

BQ_90 said:

Or H--B (thinking of their Hurricane response).
I don't know why TexAgs won't let me post HEB with dashes. Or spaces.
HEB
Nosmo
AG
cavscout96 said:

Everyone in 1A should have been pre-screened and filled out however many informed consent forms before the first batch ever hit the ground.
It's like they didn't think the vaccines were going to be approved or distributed by the end of this year, despite reports to the contrary as far back as the summer.

I agree totally. Why not be more prepared regardless of provider availability.
First Page Last Page
Page 112 of 190

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.