Anyone Have the Wings N More Recipes

17,145 Views | 35 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by halibut sinclair
Love Gun
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Looking to make my own wings, but wanted to get it as close to theirs as possible.
Max06
AG
They sell their sauce by the pint or quart, FYI.
Love Gun
Max06 said:

They sell their sauce by the pint or quart, FYI.

Just curious what's in it
CN
According to a friend who worked there part time while attending A&M in the early 90's, Frank's RedHot sauce (probably original) and butter, that's it. Medium wings are 50% sauce, 50% butter. Can't tell you how they cook their wings.
BusAg
AG
CN said:

According to a friend who worked their part time while attending A&M in the early 90's, Frank's RedHot sauce (probably original) and butter, that's it. Medium wings are 50% sauce, 50% butter. Can't tell you how they cook their wings.

I found this recipe last week when attempting wings for the first time. I used Frank's buffalo sauce and butter. When I tasted the sauce I immediately thought of wings n more.
TXAG 05
AG
That's pretty standard wing sauce. You can play with the ratio, more butter/less spicy, less butter/more spicy
SchnauzerMom
Frank's and butter is my base too. I also garlic powder and tiny bit of honey. Mix it all up, warm, and toss the wings in it.
AggieBaseball06
AG
FWIW, I was at a food show in Houston a couple of months ago and was told that Wings N More had recently switched their sauce company to Bulliard's....

https://bulliardshotsauce.com/product/bulliards-premium-cayenne-pepper-sauce/
AggieBarstool
The more relevant question is -- why [you won't figure out how to post on this board. -Staff]
EliteElectric
I know this isn't what the OP asked for but I grill the wings with just salt and pepper, then toss in a mixture of 50/50 Franks and sweet baby rays BBQ sauce and toss back on the grill to finish and have never had anyone not rave about how good they are.
EliteElectric
EliteElectric
Done them several times in an air fryer as well

Geralt of Rivia
S
I've been making my own wings for the past year in the same style as Wings n More.

Like others have said, the sauce is Frank's Buffalo sauce and butter

Twice fried. Fried the first time at 225-250 for 20 minutes. Let it rest for at least an hour. Fried the second time at 380-400 for 10 minutes
hijakeroo123
AG
Not to derail this topic, but does anyone have any clue of their secrets for the teriyaki wing sauce and their honey mustard dipping sauce?
EliteElectric
More than wing secrets someone post their blue cheese recipe
Broncos
Air fryer wings
EliteElectric
Yeah air fryer wings are hard to beat. Only reason I even grill them anymore is because air fryer basket sizes are not that big.
Broncos
Same. Air fryer has become my go-to for wings. It's easy, clean, and delicious.

I'll occasionally grill but honestly I think I prefer the air cruise at this point. Also, I don't feel bogged down compared to real fried wings.
KidDoc
AG
I swear they have crack in the medium garlic sauce. Every now & then I just gotta go get some despite the horrible nutritional value.

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Txmoe
AG
+1 on the air fryer for my favorite wings. Game changer: coat your wings with potato starch before putting them in the air fryer, then when they come out you can hit them with any spice rub or sauce you want. The starch makes them extra crispy and allows you to load up your basket like you're cooking in a deep fryer. (Shake them every 5 min while cooking to cook evenly.)
CN
EliteElectric said:

More than wing secrets someone post their blue cheese recipe
They make the best blue cheese! I'll ask my friend if he remembers how they made it.

https://texags.com/forums/67/topics/3077724

Maybe we can get this person to post theirs?
CN
So my buddy remembers the ingredients but not the quantities (this was almost 20 years ago when he worked there). He's pretty sure mayo, dill seed, garlic powder, and blue cheese are the major ingredients. He might be forgetting something small like salt and pepper.
Jetty
AG
How about the baked beans? Anyone know how they make them?
halibut sinclair
Jetty said:

How about the baked beans? Anyone know how they make them?

Do they bake the beans?
AgsWin2011
AG
I feel like I'm the only one in BCS that prefers Wing Stop over Wings N More.

I love their dry rub garlic parmesan and Louisiana. For sauced wings I prefer the Cajun.
AggieBaseball06
AG
Heismenberg said:

I love their dry rub garlic parmesan and Louisiana. For sauced wings I prefer the Cajun.

Wing Stop has bigger wings...and better fries. They both have good blue cheese. For me, it just depends on the mood I'm in.
ratfacemcdougal
AggieBaseball06 said:

Heismenberg said:

Wing Stop has bigger wings...and better fries. They both have good blue cheese. For me, it just depends on the mood I'm in.
Wing Stop has meatier and bigger wings. Wings and More wings have been getting smaller and smaller through the years....and many of them are broken. Wing stop sauces and coats the wings with not a lot of residual sauce in the container. Wings and More wings are bathing in a pool of sauce in the container....big waste of product. Wing Stop ranch is good but not very thick. Wings and More ranch is the BOMB, very good and thick. I always pay more for all drums at Wing Stop so I dont know what their ratio is, however, it seems to me at Wings and More I always have a 70/30 ratio of flats to drums. So my two go to wings are Wing Stop and the oven baked/fried wings at HEB on Texas/21. All drums no extra charge and they are the meatiest of all wings. I need 12 or more at Wings and More, 10 or so at Wing Stop, 6 at HEB.
halibut sinclair
I'm a fan of super spicy wings - super caliente at Wings n More, Atomic at Wingstop, 911 and 3 Mile Island at Hooters, Wild and Blazin' at BWW. Any hidden gems out there I don't know about??
Bob2525
Gotta go try making my own medium garlic with freshly minced garlic!
SchnauzerMom
Halibut, read this thread and try it on your wings.

https://texags.com/forums/34/topics/616283/1
Oryx
halibut sinclair said:

I'm a fan of super spicy wings - super caliente at Wings n More, Atomic at Wingstop, 911 and 3 Mile Island at Hooters, Wild and Blazin' at BWW. Any hidden gems out there I don't know about??
Fire in the Hole at Pluckers, but it's a different consistency than the other sauces. I think it's because they overload it with fresh peppers.
CN
ratfacemcdougal said:

Wing Stop has meatier and bigger wings. Wings and More wings have been getting smaller and smaller through the years....and many of them are broken.
Buffalo Wild Wings may have the biggest wings around. I go there for mango habanero and Wing Stop for their garlic parmesan.

But Wings N More has the best blue cheese dressing I've ever had. Buffalo Wild Wings bleu cheese is good but not as thick and doesn't have chunks of blue cheese like Wings N More. Wing Stop's bleu cheese is not good.
Love Gun
How did my recipe thread turn into "my favorite wing place" thread?
AggieBaseball06
AG
Love Gun said:

How did my recipe thread turn into "my favorite wing place" thread?

Because no one has the recipe...
Slicer97
AG
halibut sinclair said:

Head down to Pleasanton some time and hit East Coast Wings. Atomic and 3 Mile Island are tame compared to what they can dish out. Their hottesr is release form level.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.