Lupe Tortilla - dog in dining room

17,086 Views | 138 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by RDH80
jja79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just another in a long list of reasons not to eat at Lupe's.
75AG
AG
jja79 said:

Lupe's is our go-to Friday Night Mexican Food place. Erebody else stay away. The damn place is getting too crowded.
Tumble Weed
If I see a dog when I walk in a place I turn around and walk back out.

Surprised that Hershel's would allow a dog in there. Kind of sad, because it has a nice laid-back vibe, and good music occasionally.

BrazosDog02
AG
Tumble Weed said:

Surprised that Hershel's would allow a dog in there. Kind of sad, because it has a nice laid-back vibe, and good music occasionally.

This. I have and will cease eating at any part of my meal, collect my things and immediately walk out the door if I see it at any time. I will politely explain the reason I am leaving if convenient or at least call later and explain. That is the end of that discussion.
K2T2
Jim65 said:

I don't eat with dogs
You must miss a lot of fun birthday parties and stuff with your cool dog friends.
75AG
AG
BrazosDog02 said:

Tumble Weed said:

This. I have and will cease eating at any part of my meal, collect my things and immediately walk out the door if I see it at any time. I will politely explain the reason I am leaving if convenient or at least call later and explain. That is the end of that discussion.

Hope you pay for what you've consumed. Otherwise, you're pretty much a jerk.
LastHamlet
AG
BrazosDog02 said:

Tumble Weed said:

So if a blind person walks in with a dog you will leave??
jja79
AG
75AG said:

jja79 said:

Lupe's is our go-to Friday Night Mexican Food place. Erebody else stay away. The damn place is getting too crowded.
I wouldn't even let my dog eat there.
75AG
AG
jja79 said:

75AG said:

jja79 said:

I wouldn't even let my dog eat there.
techno-ag
AG
Dog gone it.
BrazosDog02
AG
LastHamlet said:

BrazosDog02 said:

Tumble Weed said:

Depends on how convincing the dog or person is, since you want to be obtuse.
Broncos
BrazosDog02 said:

Tumble Weed said:

Oh, the irony of your name. Also, I hope they prosecute for theft.
JaxDad
AG
I still want to know:
Service dog needed > Human with allergies
Human with allergies > Service dog needed

Assume (cough, cough) that the service dog part is legitimate. Whose health situation wins out.
75AG
AG
JaxDad said:

I still want to know:
Service dog needed > Human with allergies
Human with allergies > Service dog needed

Assume (cough, cough) that the service dog part is legitimate. Whose health situation wins out.

Get an official card saying your allergic to dogs. Maybe wear a vest. Show it to the manager. See who wins.
rhoswen
AG
Get a service ostrich that will alert you when there's a dog nearby.
TXAG 05
AG
I honestly don't understand why someone would turn around and leave or walk their check if there is a dog in a bar/restaurant. It has no affect on you whatsoever
LastHamlet
AG
BrazosDog02 said:

LastHamlet said:

BrazosDog02 said:

Tumble Weed said:

Depends on how convincing the dog or person is, since you want to be obtuse.
A dog is a dog,
Jimmy Valentine
I would love to here an explanation of how this could have any effect on you.
GSS
Cstrickland05 said:

I honestly don't understand why someone would turn around and leave or walk their check if there is a dog in a bar/restaurant. It has no affect on you whatsoever
Heck yeah, the cooks/chefs should be able to bring their dogs to work...or cats, if that's their preference.
75AG
AG
GSS said:

Cstrickland05 said:

Heck yeah, the cooks/chefs should be able to bring their dogs to work...or cats, if that's their preference.

You've taken this discussion to a new level of stupid. Just walk away.
GSS
It got stupid long before I added my absurdity. The "all dogs are welcome" defenders took it down that path...
Kellibn
I will say, most dogs that I see at local establishments have better manners and hygiene than most kids.
Chef Demas 2020
AG
Y'all would hate Houston....we love our dogs and every successful bar/restaurant has a large patio to accommodate them. Providing bowls for water, treats, doggy bags, etc.
The Original AG 76
AG
salloh_tamu said:

Y'all would hate Houston....we love our dogs and every successful bar/restaurant has a large patio to accommodate them. Providing bowls for water, treats, doggy bags, etc.
Not a single person on this thread is complaining about a dog on a PATIO ! The real issue is the bastar dization of a poorly written and criminally interpreted ADA statue. Except for the numerous reading impaired on here who continue to blame the proprietor and loudly stomp and huff whilst regurgitating BOYCOT !! it has been established that allowing dogs in a public eatery has been forced upon the rest of us by our nanny state and the damn lawyers who infest our nation like a festering cancer.
techno-ag
AG
Oogway
https://giphy.com/gifs/10kXF4NIrinvNu

Edit-argh, I hate posting pics. Can't ever get it right.
75AG
AG
I hate old people.
viejo
redd38 said:

They have to allow them in. What part of that didn't you understand? Sounds like it was explained to you twice.
Really? What's the city code or state law that says so?
The Original AG 76
AG
75AG said:

I hate old people.
me too
LastHamlet
AG
I think the thread title should be changed to "Dog walking through dining room."
nwspmp
viejo said:

redd38 said:

They have to allow them in. What part of that didn't you understand? Sounds like it was explained to you twice.
Really? What's the city code or state law that says so?
https://www.ada.gov/service_animals_2010.htm

Here's a good primer on that...
techno-ag
AG
Oogway said:

https://giphy.com/gifs/10kXF4NIrinvNu

Edit-argh, I hate posting pics. Can't ever get it right.

Here ya go Oogway.

Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
Oogway
Thank you!!
one MEEN Ag
AG
The blind community shares the general frustration with people bringing their dogs everywhere. I wish there was a clearing house and a list of organizations allowed to produce service animals. Every 'organization' not on the list doesn't get any benefits. No housing accommodations, no flying with the owner, and no going out to dinner with them. The creation of 'emotional support animals' is entirely bull***** Those who abuse the ability for service animals to enter public buildings freely frustrate those who have well trained service animals.

And whoever thought of therapy pigs should have their 'service animal' turned into bacon in front of their eyes.
Oogway
"Where's Papa going with that axe?"

Edit to add-if you don't get where that quote came from, you are missing an important part of American childhood.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.