Century Square paid parking starts May 11

19,241 Views | 165 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by halibut sinclair
Bunk Moreland
How long do you want to ignore this user?
texasaggie04 said:

Bunk Moreland said:

Grocery shopping is basically a necessity. Everything at century Square is a luxury. Completely opposite economics.

To be fair, an economist would tell you that $5 is $5, regardless whether it's added onto a $10 lunch or a $20,000 new car.

in a vacuum, sure. But $5 to you or me doesn't hold the same value as $5 to someone living paycheck. to paycheck. As soon as add tangible and intangible factors it becomes something different to everyone.

Businesses that operate in something closer to a commodity industry (grocery shopping) would treat the situation differently than a development full of luxury industries.

It's not necessarily bad for business in the luxury space if charging for parking doesn't drive off demand to patronize the establishment. But the key part of that is making sure they price it right.

Right now our opinions are like *******s, so who knows how it'll turn out. It'll be interesting to see how Century Square does. If it hurts business, they'll do away with it or lower parking costs.
KidDoc
AG
From Star Cinema Grill' s Facebook page:

For those wondering about parking, this weekend all parking in the area is free so you can park in the garage or in the surrounding surface lots. Starting Monday, parking at Century Square will no longer be free, but we will be validating parking for our guests who park in the garage. Just bring your garage ticket with you to the box office and we will validate it.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Picadillo
No way will I ever patronize businesses with that sort of parking arrangement - not when there are other choices. This soon will go the way of the new barbecue place that thought they'd be "cute" by not providing forks.
gopitt
Looking forward to going there tomorrow night. Great selection of food and entertainment. It will be hopping as usual. Best development in CS in years. Love what they have done there. Probably will do Porter's.
FlyRod
Change is tough for some people. I imagine the new and younger folks moving here from urban areas with high parking rates wil find ours a relief. I look forward to continuing to patronize Century Square.
MosesHallRAB83
AG
I love the irony of the people who want new top end joints/businesses, but then complain when they come because of parking.
redd38
AG
MosesHallRAB83 said:

I love the irony of the people who want new top end joints/businesses, but then complain when they come because of parking.

What does one have to do with the other? There's lots of top end joints with free parking.
MosesHallRAB83
AG
What does one have to do with the other?

Precisely my point.

The apparent purpose of this board is to complain.
redd38
AG
MosesHallRAB83 said:

What does one have to do with the other?

Precisely my point.

Your point is very weak.
nashvilleaggie11
Joey McGee and his band will be playing tomorrow evening from 6-9pm out on the Green. It's going to be a great show!
MosesHallRAB83
AG
Quote:

"Your point is very weak."

Pretty sure my point has been proved. Thanks for you help.
redd38
AG
MosesHallRAB83 said:

Quote:

"Your point is very weak."

Pretty sure my point has been proved. Thanks for you help.

Not at all, if anything you proved the opposite of your point. It's really quite remarkable that you can't see that.
MosesHallRAB83
AG
It's really quite remarkable that you can't see that.

Please, enlighten me what I can't see. My law degree must be floundering.

The reality is that you fail to see the point of the post, but continue arguing your point to prove me wrong, which only proves me right.
redd38
AG
You basically said:

"I love the irony of the people who want ice cream, but then complain when they get it because of traffic."

One thing has nothing to do with the other. There's no irony in not liking traffic, no one likes traffic!

And do you think mentioning your law degree means anything? There's dumbasses in every profession.
australopithecus robustus
Century Square is a nice amenity and a gift really. It puts a magnifying glass on better value throughout the city whilst offering more expensive choices. This allows other business to raise their prices and make more $. In addition, it opens the door to more development that will strive to offer even a better value, both to the tenant businesses and the customers. It's all about ROI
AgFan131
I'll pass on century square. There are other places to go.
Exactly
Also, who the heck is Joey McGee?
Oogway
redd38 said:

You basically said:

"I love the irony of the people who want ice cream, but then complain when they get it because of traffic."

One thing has nothing to do with the other. There's no irony in not liking traffic, no one likes traffic!

And do you think mentioning your law degree means anything? There's dumbasses in every profession.

Note to self Unless discussing 'the first cardinal rule of perm maintenance,' don't mention conferred degrees.

Addendum to note Considering refining business plan from elite chicken strip establishment to include second location with elite marinated steak fingers and potato fries with dipping sauces. Potential problem: how to convince customers in drive-thru to return cloth napkins.
Working name: Bos Man
Motto: You're in the Driver's Seat

*How about you're both right? Isn't it ironic?
TexasAggie_02
AG
Folks, it's not that difficult. If they didn't charge, it would fill up before 8am with students, and then all of you would be griping and moaning about lack of parking.
That's what tow trucks are for
Scruffy
AG
australopithecus robustus said:

That's what tow trucks are for

Paging A1
This isn't about students parking and walking. It's about $. The same developers charge for parking at City Centre in the same manner.
95_Aggie
AG
Quote:

No way will I ever patronize businesses with that sort of parking arrangement - not when there are other choices.
Great. More parking for the rest of us.
rhoswen
AG
lol @ bringing up a law degree
Justin2010
AG
Won't keep me away all the time, but definitely some of the time. Glad the theater will be validating.
Cyp0111
The developers actually keep half the garage at City Centre free. There current strategy at Century Square is a unique level of ******.

I imagine they pitched the revenue sharing idea to Sharp...
lost my dog

gopitt
Very impressed with Century Square and my first visit to Porter's last night. The oysters and beef taco appetizers were outstanding and the service impeccable.
Live music cranking at 3 venues-The George, Calvary Court and outside on the plaza.
Restaurants were packed but easy in and out. Will be a regular. The outside rocking chairs were a great touch.
CDUB98
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

Mo's said they were opening in the spring. Times running short for that. Where are they?

Opening May 30 per Facebook.
halibut sinclair
Anyone used the Passport parking app at Century Square? It prompts you for a zone number before you can pay, but there are no zone numbers posted anywhere that I saw.
redd38
AG
Seems like you still don't have to actually pay, but they put a warning on your windshield now.
Post removed:
by user
KidDoc
AG
We went to Star Cinema Grill the last two weeks on Tuesday night with the 1/2 price tickets and the garage levers were just wide open no charge.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
CrazyAgE
halibut sinclair said:

Anyone used the Passport parking app at Century Square? It prompts you for a zone number before you can pay, but there are no zone numbers posted anywhere that I saw.

We went to Mo's Irish's pub last night and I didn't see any markings on the spots to know which space you are in. The hostess at Mo's said don't worry about it, that all they will do is maybe put a warning on your vehicle. When we were done, we had a warning on our windshield.

I'm just wondering, do they keep up with the warnings? Like, is it logged in their system to where if they run your plate again, they will see that you were already issued a prev. warning ? Or are they not that hi-tech?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.