Aggieland
Sponsored By

Are we excited about Cafe do Brasil yet?

AggieBarstool
How long do you want to ignore this user?
L

They're taking reservations (opentable.com) for May 1st!
Captn_Ag05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
L
AG
Casa
crbongos
How long do you want to ignore this user?
V
AG
Yes! Can't wait!
CRBongo
The Anchor
How long do you want to ignore this user?
L
AG
I'm ready to try this place. Is there a menu somewhere?
Esteban du Plantier
How long do you want to ignore this user?
L
AG
Meat. Lots of meat.

And probably a killer salad bar.
Stupe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
L
S
This will be me the first time we make reservations....

befitter
How long do you want to ignore this user?
A
YUP!
techno-ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
L
AG
Been a long time waiting for this type of a place in BCS.
AGnCS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
L
AG
Has GregD put up his Yelp review yet?
Wildmen03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
L
AG
AGnCS said:

Has GregD put up his Yelp review yet?
He's out terrorizing California now. That state can have him.

https://www.yelp.com/user_details?userid=FZTkBavnUWVQRK3ULOxePQ
Tailgate88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
L
AG
Wildmen03 said:

AGnCS said:

Has GregD put up his Yelp review yet?
He's out terrorizing California now. That state can have him.

https://www.yelp.com/user_details?userid=FZTkBavnUWVQRK3ULOxePQ

Not actually being here has never stopped him from scoring a FTR before!
Wildmen03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
L
AG
I actually reviewed a restaurant in College Station before him because I had previously worked with the owner and got a preview of the restaurant before it officially opened.

He submitted a claim to Yelp that my review was fake and had it removed (so he could get his "first to review") since the restaurant wasn't officially open when I wrote the review.

I protested with Yelp and even had the restaurant owner shoot them an email on my behalf (normally I wouldn't have cared, but annoying Greg was a brief hobby of mine back in the day). Yelp put my review back but Greg got to keep his "first to review"

I gave up on Yelp completely shortly after that.
GiveEmHellBill
How long do you want to ignore this user?
L
AG
Got my reservation for Saturday at 6:30pm.

Can't wait.
GiveEmHellBill
How long do you want to ignore this user?
L
AG
Esteban du Plantier said:

Meat. Lots of meat.

And probably a killer salad bar.
Tailgate88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
L
AG
We've got stuff going on every weekend through the end of school, so we're going to wait until next month to give it a shot. I look forward to reading your reviews between now and then.
RafterAg223
How long do you want to ignore this user?
H
AG
Had the good fortune of attending one of the soft opening events late last week. The service, food, and beverages are all stellar. I'm told that all the beef cuts are USDA Prime. They were all excellent and cooked perfectly. The market table (salad bar) could have easily been a meal on its own and was loaded with everything from chicken salad and fresh mozzarella to prosciutto and black beans and rice. I've been to a number of Fogo De Chaos in large cities. This is by far the best churascaria I've been to. The owner of this place definitely did it right. I managed to take a look at the wine list and it was impressive as well. The outdoor patio is huge and looks like something out of a magazine. Looking forward to finally having a legitimate high end sit down establishment that we can frequent on this end of town.
AggieBarstool
How long do you want to ignore this user?
L
RafterAg223 said:

Had the good fortune of attending one of the soft opening events late last week. The service, food, and beverages are all stellar. I'm told that all the beef cuts are USDA Prime. They were all excellent and cooked perfectly. The market table (salad bar) could have easily been a meal on its own and was loaded with everything from chicken salad and fresh mozzarella to prosciutto and black beans and rice. I've been to a number of Fogo De Chaos in large cities. This is by far the best churascaria I've been to. The owner of this place definitely did it right. I managed to take a look at the wine list and it was impressive as well. The outdoor patio is huge and looks like something out of a magazine. Looking forward to finally having a legitimate high end sit down establishment that we can frequent on this end of town.
Dammit, how do my wife and I get invites to things like this?

That said -- what's the price range look like? I'm going, regardless, but wouldn't mind knowing what to expect.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
How long do you want to ignore this user?
L
AG
RafterAg223 said:

Had the good fortune of attending one of the soft opening events late last week. The service, food, and beverages are all stellar. I'm told that all the beef cuts are USDA Prime. They were all excellent and cooked perfectly. The market table (salad bar) could have easily been a meal on its own and was loaded with everything from chicken salad and fresh mozzarella to prosciutto and black beans and rice. I've been to a number of Fogo De Chaos in large cities. This is by far the best churascaria I've been to. The owner of this place definitely did it right. I managed to take a look at the wine list and it was impressive as well. The outdoor patio is huge and looks like something out of a magazine. Looking forward to finally having a legitimate high end sit down establishment that we can frequent on this end of town.
Good to hear.

I eat at Fogo or Chama probably 3-4 times per year. Both are great. I'm curious on 2 things.

1) The price point...are we talking the same prices as Fogo and Chama or.....?

2) Oftentimes places like this in markets like ours are not open for lunch. Will this be?
Tailgate88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
L
AG
Just saw the menu on their Facebook page. $47.50 for dinner, $29.50 for lunch. Or $23.50 for salad bar only. Probably totally worth it but it looks like a once-in-a-while place at those prices!
RafterAg223
How long do you want to ignore this user?
H
AG
Considering that you are mid 30's with a decent steak, baked potato, and dinner salad at Saltgrass for a product of inferior quality, it is totally worth it. At a place like Christopher's, you are easily into the $40+ per person range on a few of their entrees. I don't personally gorge myself, but you could eat prime beef tenderloin and rib eye until you go in to a meat coma for one price. Not to mention the array of items on the market table and all the sides included with your meal as well. I believe kids receive a pretty hefty discount and you can do just the salad bar at lunch for ~$17.50 if I remember correctly. Sunday brunch at $33 for the whole meal deal is a steal in my opinion. They also have an ala carte menu that includes some fish selections as well as a lighter fare/bar menu with smaller plates that run from $9 to $16 depending on what you get.
RafterAg223
How long do you want to ignore this user?
H
AG
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

RafterAg223 said:

Had the good fortune of attending one of the soft opening events late last week. The service, food, and beverages are all stellar. I'm told that all the beef cuts are USDA Prime. They were all excellent and cooked perfectly. The market table (salad bar) could have easily been a meal on its own and was loaded with everything from chicken salad and fresh mozzarella to prosciutto and black beans and rice. I've been to a number of Fogo De Chaos in large cities. This is by far the best churascaria I've been to. The owner of this place definitely did it right. I managed to take a look at the wine list and it was impressive as well. The outdoor patio is huge and looks like something out of a magazine. Looking forward to finally having a legitimate high end sit down establishment that we can frequent on this end of town.
Good to hear.

I eat at Fogo or Chama probably 3-4 times per year. Both are great. I'm curious on 2 things.

1) The price point...are we talking the same prices as Fogo and Chama or.....?

2) Oftentimes places like this in markets like ours are not open for lunch. Will this be?
I eat at those places as well. This place is about $5 cheaper at dinner than Fogo and the Chama in Houston. I can't remember how the prices compared at lunch, but they are open for lunch Sun-Fri.
phatpat21
How long do you want to ignore this user?
L
Can't wait to try this place out
AgGunNut
How long do you want to ignore this user?
H
AG
Tailgate88 said:

Just saw the menu on their Facebook page. $47.50 for dinner, $29.50 for lunch. Or $23.50 for salad bar only. Probably totally worth it but it looks like a once-in-a-while place at those prices!


Fogo is $50 plus beverages and totally worth it. Can't wait to try this place!
RGRAg1/75
How long do you want to ignore this user?
H
AG
AgGunNut said:

Tailgate88 said:

Just saw the menu on their Facebook page. $47.50 for dinner, $29.50 for lunch. Or $23.50 for salad bar only. Probably totally worth it but it looks like a once-in-a-while place at those prices!


Fogo is $50 plus beverages and totally worth it. Can't wait to try this place!

This. Hoping we can get a sitter this weekend!
halibut sinclair
How long do you want to ignore this user?
H
Reminds me of that place Norm on Cheers liked - The Hungry Heifer. "All you can eat for an hour".




BlueMiles
How long do you want to ignore this user?
H
AG
You had me at "meat coma."

P.s. first time to use this emoji. :-)
EMY92
How long do you want to ignore this user?
L
AG
halibut sinclair said:

Reminds me of that place Norm on Cheers liked - The Hungry Heifer. "All you can eat for an hour".





Yes, but at the Hungry Heifer, you weren't getting prime beef, you got biff and lubster.
Stupe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
L
S
Tailgate88 said:

Just saw the menu on their Facebook page. $47.50 for dinner, $29.50 for lunch. Or $23.50 for salad bar only. Probably totally worth it but it looks like a once-in-a-while place at those prices!
Yep.

It's a "special occasion" type place for us.
RafterAg223
How long do you want to ignore this user?
H
AG
I believe this place will kill it on bar business, much like the republic does. Cocktail menu, bar area, and their over the top patio will draw a lot of people in. There is definitely no comparable bar South of 2818.
KaneIsAble
How long do you want to ignore this user?
H
AG
Going tonight......fingers crossed.
bushytailed
How long do you want to ignore this user?
A
FB photo of the menu:
https://www.facebook.com/casadobrasiltx/photos/p.1695069117239959/1695069117239959/?type=3&hc_ref=ARR0N-BxIB2uqvCBCe7OOOJEq1JXZaoaFaIfpDVtJPL2yjws1LISUA8kS7d9SK_W5dQ
Oogway
How long do you want to ignore this user?
H
Just remember to have a DD or make wise choices!

Menu looks pretty tasty.
Captn_Ag05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
L
AG
Once those that are there tonight get over the meat sweats, a review would be awesome!
The Anchor
How long do you want to ignore this user?
L
AG
bushytailed said:

FB photo of the menu:
https://www.facebook.com/casadobrasiltx/photos/p.1695069117239959/1695069117239959/?type=3&hc_ref=ARR0N-BxIB2uqvCBCe7OOOJEq1JXZaoaFaIfpDVtJPL2yjws1LISUA8kS7d9SK_W5dQ
Thanks for sharing! I am looking forward to this place more than any other new restaurant in that last few years.
AggieBarstool
How long do you want to ignore this user?
L
So.... reviews?
Page 1 of 3
 
×
Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.