Are we excited about Cafe do Brasil yet?

15,974 Views | 82 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by 75AG
AggieBarstool
How long do you want to ignore this user?

They're taking reservations (opentable.com) for May 1st!
Captn_Ag05
AG
Casa
crbongos
AG
Yes! Can't wait!
CRBongo
The Anchor
AG
I'm ready to try this place. Is there a menu somewhere?
Esteban du Plantier
AG
Meat. Lots of meat.

And probably a killer salad bar.
Stupe
S
This will be me the first time we make reservations....

befitter
YUP!
techno-ag
AG
Been a long time waiting for this type of a place in BCS.
95_Aggie
AG
Has GregD put up his Yelp review yet?
Wildmen03
AG
AGnCS said:

He's out terrorizing California now. That state can have him.

https://www.yelp.com/user_details?userid=FZTkBavnUWVQRK3ULOxePQ
Tailgate88
AG
Wildmen03 said:

AGnCS said:

He's out terrorizing California now. That state can have him.

https://www.yelp.com/user_details?userid=FZTkBavnUWVQRK3ULOxePQ

Not actually being here has never stopped him from scoring a FTR before!
Wildmen03
AG
I actually reviewed a restaurant in College Station before him because I had previously worked with the owner and got a preview of the restaurant before it officially opened.

He submitted a claim to Yelp that my review was fake and had it removed (so he could get his "first to review") since the restaurant wasn't officially open when I wrote the review.

I protested with Yelp and even had the restaurant owner shoot them an email on my behalf (normally I wouldn't have cared, but annoying Greg was a brief hobby of mine back in the day). Yelp put my review back but Greg got to keep his "first to review"

I gave up on Yelp completely shortly after that.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Got my reservation for Saturday at 6:30pm.

Can't wait.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Esteban du Plantier said:

Meat. Lots of meat.

And probably a killer salad bar.
Tailgate88
AG
We've got stuff going on every weekend through the end of school, so we're going to wait until next month to give it a shot. I look forward to reading your reviews between now and then.
RafterAg223
AG
Had the good fortune of attending one of the soft opening events late last week. The service, food, and beverages are all stellar. I'm told that all the beef cuts are USDA Prime. They were all excellent and cooked perfectly. The market table (salad bar) could have easily been a meal on its own and was loaded with everything from chicken salad and fresh mozzarella to prosciutto and black beans and rice. I've been to a number of Fogo De Chaos in large cities. This is by far the best churascaria I've been to. The owner of this place definitely did it right. I managed to take a look at the wine list and it was impressive as well. The outdoor patio is huge and looks like something out of a magazine. Looking forward to finally having a legitimate high end sit down establishment that we can frequent on this end of town.
AggieBarstool
RafterAg223 said:

Had the good fortune of attending one of the soft opening events late last week. The service, food, and beverages are all stellar. I'm told that all the beef cuts are USDA Prime. They were all excellent and cooked perfectly. The market table (salad bar) could have easily been a meal on its own and was loaded with everything from chicken salad and fresh mozzarella to prosciutto and black beans and rice. I've been to a number of Fogo De Chaos in large cities. This is by far the best churascaria I've been to. The owner of this place definitely did it right. I managed to take a look at the wine list and it was impressive as well. The outdoor patio is huge and looks like something out of a magazine. Looking forward to finally having a legitimate high end sit down establishment that we can frequent on this end of town.
Dammit, how do my wife and I get invites to things like this?

That said -- what's the price range look like? I'm going, regardless, but wouldn't mind knowing what to expect.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
RafterAg223 said:

Good to hear.

I eat at Fogo or Chama probably 3-4 times per year. Both are great. I'm curious on 2 things.

1) The price point...are we talking the same prices as Fogo and Chama or.....?

2) Oftentimes places like this in markets like ours are not open for lunch. Will this be?
Tailgate88
AG
Just saw the menu on their Facebook page. $47.50 for dinner, $29.50 for lunch. Or $23.50 for salad bar only. Probably totally worth it but it looks like a once-in-a-while place at those prices!
RafterAg223
AG
Considering that you are mid 30's with a decent steak, baked potato, and dinner salad at Saltgrass for a product of inferior quality, it is totally worth it. At a place like Christopher's, you are easily into the $40+ per person range on a few of their entrees. I don't personally gorge myself, but you could eat prime beef tenderloin and rib eye until you go in to a meat coma for one price. Not to mention the array of items on the market table and all the sides included with your meal as well. I believe kids receive a pretty hefty discount and you can do just the salad bar at lunch for ~$17.50 if I remember correctly. Sunday brunch at $33 for the whole meal deal is a steal in my opinion. They also have an ala carte menu that includes some fish selections as well as a lighter fare/bar menu with smaller plates that run from $9 to $16 depending on what you get.
RafterAg223
AG
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

RafterAg223 said:

Good to hear.

I eat at Fogo or Chama probably 3-4 times per year. Both are great. I'm curious on 2 things.

1) The price point...are we talking the same prices as Fogo and Chama or.....?

2) Oftentimes places like this in markets like ours are not open for lunch. Will this be?
I eat at those places as well. This place is about $5 cheaper at dinner than Fogo and the Chama in Houston. I can't remember how the prices compared at lunch, but they are open for lunch Sun-Fri.
phatpat21
Can't wait to try this place out
AgGunNut
AG
Tailgate88 said:

Just saw the menu on their Facebook page. $47.50 for dinner, $29.50 for lunch. Or $23.50 for salad bar only. Probably totally worth it but it looks like a once-in-a-while place at those prices!

Fogo is $50 plus beverages and totally worth it. Can't wait to try this place!
RGRAg1/75
AG
AgGunNut said:

Tailgate88 said:

Fogo is $50 plus beverages and totally worth it. Can't wait to try this place!

This. Hoping we can get a sitter this weekend!
halibut sinclair
Reminds me of that place Norm on Cheers liked - The Hungry Heifer. "All you can eat for an hour".

BlueMiles
AG
You had me at "meat coma."

P.s. first time to use this emoji. :-)
EMY92
AG
halibut sinclair said:

Reminds me of that place Norm on Cheers liked - The Hungry Heifer. "All you can eat for an hour".

Yes, but at the Hungry Heifer, you weren't getting prime beef, you got biff and lubster.
Stupe
S
Tailgate88 said:

Yep.

It's a "special occasion" type place for us.
RafterAg223
AG
I believe this place will kill it on bar business, much like the republic does. Cocktail menu, bar area, and their over the top patio will draw a lot of people in. There is definitely no comparable bar South of 2818.
KaneIsAble
AG
Going tonight......fingers crossed.
bushytailed
AG
FB photo of the menu:
https://www.facebook.com/casadobrasiltx/photos/p.1695069117239959/1695069117239959/?type=3&hc_ref=ARR0N-BxIB2uqvCBCe7OOOJEq1JXZaoaFaIfpDVtJPL2yjws1LISUA8kS7d9SK_W5dQ
Oogway
Just remember to have a DD or make wise choices!

Menu looks pretty tasty.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Once those that are there tonight get over the meat sweats, a review would be awesome!
The Anchor
AG
bushytailed said:

FB photo of the menu:
https://www.facebook.com/casadobrasiltx/photos/p.1695069117239959/1695069117239959/?type=3&hc_ref=ARR0N-BxIB2uqvCBCe7OOOJEq1JXZaoaFaIfpDVtJPL2yjws1LISUA8kS7d9SK_W5dQ
Thanks for sharing! I am looking forward to this place more than any other new restaurant in that last few years.
AggieBarstool
So.... reviews?
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.