Gun Corps College Station

47,015 Views | 138 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by DontBeTriggered
txyaloo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
CS78 said:

txyaloo said:

Quote:

With respect to a form 4 transfer, the FFL owns the NFA item until the physical transfer is made. Again, BATFE won't get involved. I held a manufacturing FFL multiple years. I don't agree with what Gun Corps i doing, but it isn't theft.

So the ATF approves a form 4 to transfer a can in to my name, I never get it, and they are just going to let things ride like that?
Yes. Per federal law, you don't own it until the physical transfer is made and the 4473 is completed. At any point up until the 4473 is completed, the FFL can cancel the transfer. They receive a refund of the $200, not you. This is because the seller always "pays" the transfer tax in the eyes of the BATFE. The FFL would then have to refund your purchase price and the $200. If the transfer has been approved, but the physical transfer hasn't been completed yet, the ATF might ask the FFL to move forward, but they have no regulatory leverage to force the transfer.
aggiepaintrain
AG
so if they have my guns that I've owned for 20 years and won't give them back, that's not theft?

Clo004
You gave them the weapon for whatever reason it may be. It is a civil matter and most officers would not take a report. If they did it would be labeled civil matter and not theft therefore it would not be assigned for investigation. Contact the JP and take them to court.
txyaloo
AG
aggiepaintrain said:

so if they have my guns that I've owned for 20 years and won't give them back, that's not theft?

Unfortunately, no. It's a civil contracts issue.
cz308
Call KBTX so they will actually have something to report.
Rapier108
cz308 said:

Call KBTX so they will actually have something to report.
http://www.kbtx.com/content/news/Customers-say-closure-of-gun-shop-left-them-with-no-bang-for-their-buck-413787813.html

But so far they haven't actually reported on it, just have it on the website. Instead all they're talking about is Bill Flores blocking an idiot liberal on Twitter and calling it a "controversy."
Anonymous Source
S
If that report is online, then it appeared in a newscast. They didn't stage the whole thing for the internet.

ETA: It ran on last night's 10PM news.
Gig 'Em
cz308
Well, there ya go. I guess someone actually called them.
MisterShipWreck
They tried to rip me off months ago. Really, really badly. I wanted to post everywhere about it, but my ex wife (wife at the time) didn't want any trouble. She begged me not to post it on TexAgs, so I never did. But if they treated other customers that way, I can imagine how they got to this point.
CS78
I have a pending form 4 for a suppressor. Joel Crutcher and his wife Brittani were the owners if anyone knows where they are. Brazoscad does not show them owning property here. I called the NFA office with the ATF and confirmed FFL #5-74-041-01-7L-07373 is still an active and good FFL. They also confirmed my suppressor is still showing pending and there wasn't much I could do until it was approved. That could take a few more months but the lady did say for me to contact the local ATF field office if I didn't get it. https://www.atf.gov/houston-field-division/southeast-texas-field-offices

CactusThomas
AG
MisterShipWreck said:

They tried to rip me off months ago. Really, really badly. I wanted to post everywhere about it, but my ex wife (wife at the time) didn't want any trouble. She begged me not to post it on TexAgs, so I never did. But if they treated other customers that way, I can imagine how they got to this point.

Can we get the story now that she's out of the picture?
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
I walked in, told the guy what pistol i wanted, he made fun of the pistol and said "you think youre james bond?" and I walked out. Not sure why they didnt make it.
DontBeTriggered
Gander Mountain. That's where I love to buy all my firearms... Hope everyone gets restitution.
AggieWife2008
S
Went into there one and only one time. I was trying to buy a gun and was asking their opinion on what type of gun safe would be best due to the fact that I had a child at home. I was also asking about a safety on the gun. He said I don't need a safe or a safety on my gun if my kid knows proper gun safety...she was 3 at the time. After I told him her age, he said he's been shooting guns since he was 4. I left and went to Gander Mountain.
AggieJason
AG
MonkIsMyHero said:

Gander Mountain. That's where I love to buy all my firearms... Hope everyone gets restitution.
Until they go out of business (good riddance!):
http://www.reuters.com/article/gandermountain-bankruptcy-idUSL1N1FV1O2
GSS
AggieJason said:

MonkIsMyHero said:

Maybe they will run a clearance sale (and still be priced higher than other stores). There's a simple reason Gander always has a good inventory .
Alte Schule
Gander Mountain - The place that charges more for a used firearm than a new one and their new firearm prices are 20% higher, or more, than Champion or Burdett & Son.
AggieJason
AG
GSS said:

AggieJason said:

MonkIsMyHero said:

Maybe they will run a clearance sale (and still be priced higher than other stores). There's a simple reason Gander always has a good inventory .
I wouldn't hold my breath. Their sales prices will likely still be over market prices.
txyaloo
AG
CS78 said:

I have a pending form 4 for a suppressor. Joel Crutcher and his wife Brittani were the owners if anyone knows where they are. Brazoscad does not show them owning property here. I called the NFA office with the ATF and confirmed FFL #5-74-041-01-7L-07373 is still an active and good FFL. They also confirmed my suppressor is still showing pending and there wasn't much I could do until it was approved. That could take a few more months but the lady did say for me to contact the local ATF field office if I didn't get it. https://www.atf.gov/houston-field-division/southeast-texas-field-offices

I posted on the Outdoors board some similar info/

Their FFL expires this year. Their SOT that allows them to deal in NFA items expires at the end of June.

They only have one address on their FFL which is for the location on Texas. If they no longer have physical access to that address, they can't operate as an FFL. You should contact the Houston ATF field office and let them know you believe the FFL no longer has access to their premises. They should send an IOI up to investigate.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Alte Schule said:

Gander Mountain - The place that charges more for a used firearm than a new one and their new firearm prices are 20% higher, or more, than Champion or Burdett & Son.
I never see more than 2-3 cars in their parking lot during the day. Meanwhile, traffic is backed up trying to get into Academy's lot.
cz308
I purchased two firearms from them (on the same day) and that was it. Veterans or not, they act like clowns.
CS78
Anybody had any luck with them getting your gun back, getting your suppressors, or any communication at all?
Stupe
S
I was wondering the same thing.
Oogway
Is this the same person you are looking for?

http://txcpa.lookupbook.net/crutcher-customs-llc-bryan-tx

I think that address is just a rental duplex though.

CS78
Oogway said:

Is this the same person you are looking for?

http://txcpa.lookupbook.net/crutcher-customs-llc-bryan-tx

I think that address is just a rental duplex though.

Yes, definitely the same person. Thanks for the info.
BlueMiles
AG
I walked by their storefront last week. There were two UPS "delivery attempted" slips on the door. One was "final attempt."
Max06
AG
Spirit of Texas Bank filed a petition against them on 12/20 for defaulting on two loans. It's available on Brazos Co. Justiceweb. From the court docs, it appears that all store inventory was collateral for the loans, so I have no idea how that will work for customer guns that were on the premise.

Not sure if this link will work: https://justiceweb.brazoscountytx.gov/BrazosPortal/Home/WorkspaceMode?p=0

Gun Corps filed Ch.7 Bankruptcy on 02/14/17.
BlueMiles
AG
Tried the link; one has to sign in, but I'm sure the content is there. (I don't have an account yet.)

What a mess.
Max06
AG
Weird. I don't have an account nor have to sign in.

Case number is 16-003244-CV-361 if anyone wants to look it up.
BlueMiles
AG
Thanks. Interface will probably be better when I'm not on a phone. I will try again later.
aggiepaintrain
AG
Call the bank and inquire...maybe they will work with you.
Otherwise you will need a lawyer which will likely cost more than your guns are worth.

DigDogDoo
Found some more info on the guy and his crew

https://bizstanding.com/directory/TX/GU/1013/
Cancelled
AG
Oh! They were veterans?!? Because no veteran has ever ripped anyone off.

But to be fair, when loans and collateral are involved things get weird and people's hands get tied.
CS78
Info from the bank suit. Gives attorney contact info for the bank and GC foks as well as new address for Woo Han, which was one of the owners. Judging by the fact that he has an attorney and Joel Crutcher does not, that may be a better tree to shake.

Party
Plaintiff
SPIRIT OF TEXAS BANK, SSB

Address
625 UNIVERSITY DR. E
College Station TX 77845

Active Attorneys
Lead Attorney
DILLARD, JACK W.
Retained
Work Phone
979-775-3910

Defendant
Gun Corps, LLC

Address
1143 Oney Hervey
College Station TX 77840

Defendant
Han, Woo K.

Address
17050 Judyleigh Drive
Houston TX 77084

Active Attorneys
Lead Attorney
SANDERS, MARK ALAN
Retained
Work Phone
713-468-7700

Defendant
Han, Kelly

Address
17050 Judyleigh Drive
Houston TX 77084

Active Attorneys
Lead Attorney
SANDERS, MARK ALAN
Retained
Work Phone
713-468-7700

Defendant
Crutcher, Joel D.

Address
1143 Oney Hervey
College Station TX 77840

Defendant
Crutcher, Brittani

Address
1143 Oney Hervey
College Station TX 77840
SlowRPH
Just joined the forums because of this situation. I have an approved form 4 on a can that I originally did a form 3. How about would I contact them? Through their lawyer or bank?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.