Gun Corps College Station

47,190 Views | 138 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by DontBeTriggered
krakmunkey
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I called the Houston ATF and the secretary said that they were aware of the gun-corps issue and were working with them. I asked her if there was any hope of getting my items she said yes just give it some time.

Then I talked to a contact that has a contact at gun corp and was told that they are waiting for a letter from the ATF to get the bank to release the NFA items.

Has anyone else heard anymore information?
AgySkeet06
AG
I spoke with gun corp 2 weeks ago. He said he is processing all tax tax stamps as soon as he gets them in the mail. He said he was eager to get rid of the cans as soon as he can. The guy sounded genuine and I'm hoping he calls any day now as my stamp was approved March 14
SlowRPH
Hopefully soon, I had my can approved back in Feb.
CS78
I really hope they come through and I get my can. Something's not jiving though. Yall shouldn't be waiting on stamps from Feb/ mid March approvals. I had a stamp approved March 11th, two March 12th, and one March 16th. Boss Firearms had all four stamps in hand from the ATF by March 26th.
CS78
SlowRPH said:

Have you tried contacting the bank? I was given a name of Bobby Williamson or Trey Hickman as contacts with Spirit of Texas Bank.
SlowRPH
CS78 said:

SlowRPH said:

Have you tried contacting the bank? I was given a name of Bobby Williamson or Trey Hickman as contacts with Spirit of Texas Bank.
I haven't contacted them, I'll give the bank a call tomorrow
SlowRPH
I called the Houston ATF branch and they said there wasn't anything I could do but file a police report or go to civil court. I also left a message for one of the guys at Spirit of Texas bank.
txyaloo
AG
SlowRPH said:

I called the Houston ATF branch and they said there wasn't anything I could do but file a police report or go to civil court. I also left a message for one of the guys at Spirit of Texas bank.
Dealing with the bank is best case.

Police won't take a report or do anything because this is civil. Obviously the owners of GC have no assets so suing them in small claims will do no good. The bank might have mercy on the people waiting for transfers.

Also, if GC cancels the transfer, they, not you are refunded the $200.
GSS
txyaloo said:

SlowRPH said:

Also, if GC cancels the transfer, they, not you are refunded the $200.
^^ This...my son found out how that worked, after Great Texas Gun Store closed while holding his suppressor application, and lied about what was happening.
SlowRPH
I got in contact with one of the guys at the bank and he was really helpful. They're working on getting people their stuff. It just sucks since I've been waiting on this can since summer of 2015.....
BCStalk
If you are still waiting from 2015 something is wrong. It's about a 9 month wait right now and back then was around 6 months.
SlowRPH
BCStalk said:

If you are still waiting from 2015 something is wrong. It's about a 9 month wait right now and back then was around 6 months.
long story made short, it was originally a form 3 from California lol
krakmunkey
AG
Does anyone have a contact for Joel? Please pm me if you dont want to post it.

Also has anyone been able to claim an item from them since the store closed?
maverick2076
Check the ATF math thread on the outdoors board. There is more info about Guncorps there.
SlowRPH
Any updates for anyone?
krakmunkey
AG
I got ahokd of joel once two weeks ago and he said a couple weeks then. I have not been able to reach him since. He said that they are trying to figure out a date with all parties, atf and such, to hand out the items.
AgySkeet06
AG
He didnt return my call or text last week. I will try again tonight to see if i can get an update.

I have a document from the Department of Justice that I requested through ATF saying my application was approved and stamped mailed. Im starting to get aggravated over the thing now just due to the lack of communication. Depending on if I can get a hold of him tonight will determine if I have a lawyer start sending out some letters...
AgySkeet06
AG
Not sure if this is new news or not but having not heard back from Joel yet i started doing some further investigating. At last conversation with Joel in April he said all the merchandise was locked in the store and he couldnt get it out, so I called the owner of Park Place Plaza (the Gun Corp building) and asked why they locked them out and if there was firearms/merchandise still in the store. He said the space is completely vacant that Spirit of Texas Bank through the bankruptcy has taken all property from the store and it is in their possession.

chloelee
Just left message for Bobby Williamson at bank. Can't get ahold of Joel either. He gave me
same story about a month ago. Will see if bank calls me back.
chloelee
Bank called me back. I was told cans are still in safes at store. Once clear through bankruptcy court
the bank's FFL in Conroe will take possession and distribute.

Cans that were inventoried and paid for will be released. Banker
said if it was a gun that was paid for probably not going to get gun because probably never ordered.

Banker said he had a growing list of customers. I can only imagine.
AgySkeet06
AG
chloelee said:

Just left message for Bobby Williamson at bank. Can't get ahold of Joel either. He gave me
same story about a month ago. Will see if bank calls me back.
If I recall the receptionist forwarded me to the voicemail of a Patty??? that I am waiting to see if returns my call

Depending on what I hear back from the bank, is anyone interested in going in together on having a lawyer send a letter?? My NFA Trust Lawyer said he could send a letter but looking at about $300 to do so, be nicer if a group could go in together to share costs.
krakmunkey
AG
What good will the letter do, to whom will it be addressed?

I would be willing to chip in if it will help. Im sure there are prolly more than 30 people affected.

Has anyone tried a call from a different number to see if he is screening?
AggiePhil
AG
If the assets are tied up in bankruptcy proceedings, there's nothing he can do even if he wanted to. Take it up with the bank.
AgySkeet06
AG
OK I HAVE SOME OF THE BETTER NEWS I'VE HEARD IN A WHILE REGARDING THIS!!!!

Just got my call back from the Spirit of Texas Bank. They have everyones guns and suppressors. They want to give everyone back their guns and suppressors. They are working with a local college station well known gun store to do the final paperwork/ hand off of items. Guns are a little simpler than the suppressors.

The only think holding this up is the tax stamps. The bank believes these are in Joels possession. If Joel will turn over all the tax stamps he has received to the bank the bank will turn over those documents to the local gun store and they can begin distributing items.

They key here now is getting in contact with Joel to give the bank the paperwork
CS78
That's great news. Mine is still not approved so I cant do much. Im guessing the tax stamps were mailed to the GC store front. Id be on the phone with the ATF trying to find out who signed for them AND asking them to send you a certified copy. If your NFA item is in the registry as approved to you, and you have a certified copy of the stamp, then this new dealer should be able to finish the 4473 to complete the transfer.
SlowRPH
Finally some good news!
chloelee
I received phone call from bank officer yesterday. Champion Firearms should be calling customers next week
and releasing items. Banker said there would be a $25.00 fee per customer, not per item.
AgySkeet06
AG
Now I'm going to be staring at my phone for the next week waiting on a call!!!
krakmunkey
AG
They are still waiting on ATF paperwork.
SlowRPH
Don't go to Champion's yet, as stated before they're still waiting on ATF paper work. Wait for Champion's to call you when it's ready.
AgySkeet06
AG
uuuhhhhhhhh this suspense is killing me!!!!!!!!!

when i talked to the bank man yesterday he made it sound like i would be getting the call today or tomorrow...
BCStalk
I already witnessed this the other day when I was in there. Hopefully people will be patient for a little longer instead of harassing them.
krakmunkey
AG
I got the call to pick up my toys
AgySkeet06
AG
krakmunkey said:

I got the call to pick up my toys
I've not received my pick up call yet, but curious what you were getting as to their system of notifying people. Was wondering if they were going maybe by alphabetical name, guns first, number of items, ect..??

Edit at 10:25
Just got the call to come pick up my can!
Deats99
AG
So did the old owner turnover the stamps. Just curious what the "fix" was.
A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week.
-George S Patton

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.