The REASON Wallis got the boot [New Saff Warning on OP 6/1/2017]

52,869 Views | 140 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by carpe vinum
duffelpud
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Nothing new on the case website since June 29.
Mathguy64
AG
The judge just ruled against the contempt charges and sanctions.
gettingitdone
HOT DAMN!!!!
theycallmemrtibbs
Karma's pretty sweet sometimes. I hope it cost him a buttload of money.
AggiePlaya
AG
Psychopath got what he deserved
BCStalk
so he paid his attorney $19,000 to make BISD pay $19,000 to his attorney and lost?
happyinBCS
His legal fees are to the point, my guess is he will drop the trial in October and accept the AG decision. The choice is quite simple, let the documents become public or go bankrupt from legal fees and the documents still become public.
Mathguy64
AG
Wonder if this ruling is based on a reading of the tea leaves and suggests the final ruling in October will side with the AG and FOIA request to release all the docs.
halibut sinclair
BCStalk
It's irrelevant at this point if they release anymore information on this guy. A basic google search will provide plenty of articles and topics over his recent history. Had he been smart he would have left quietly without the money. This is what happens when you get greedy with his type of record.
happyinBCS
KBTX will broadcast his attorneys speaking to the media at 10pm. What do you think they bill him per minute for that. This is simply unbelievable
TexasAggie_02
AG
http://www.kbtx.com/content/news/Judge-rejects-Tommy-Wallis-request-for-new-trial--470960803.html

Quote:

TRAVIS COUNTY, Tex. (KBTX)- A Travis County judge has denied former Bryan ISD Superintendent Tommy Wallis's request for a new trial, KBTX has learned.

Wallis filed for an appeal on January 11 of this year after 353rd District Court Judge Tim Sulak ruled in December that Bryan ISD must release some, but not all, documents related to Wallis's employment and controversial departure from the school district.

What's still unclear is exactly what additional documents will be made available for public viewing.

Bryan ISD attorney Harry Wright, Jr. says Wallis now has until early April to file an appeal.

Wallis, who is now Superintendent of Kirbyville ISD, has been fighting since 2016 to keep the records sealed, citing their potential to damage to his reputation and ruin his career.
carpe vinum
AG
If this clown show hasn't damaged his reputation and ruined his career, those documents must be pretty interesting.
Stupe
S
No kidding. The fact that he is trying so hard to keep them sealed should have been a red flag to any potential employer.
Vivificus
AG
I'm wondering when the docs will come out.

How do you see this affecting the school board? I don't understand how a board member could in good conscience vote to give him separation and a severance if they knew about the allegations. Seems ridiculous to me to give the man money to leave, unless there was some benefits to the ISD.
Viv
AggiePirate
AG
Vivificus said:

unless there was some benefits to the ISD.
Saving face in any way they can.
Stupe
S
How is BISD trying to save face?
Ornlu
AG
[We have made it clear that unsubstantiated rumors will not be allowed on this board. There is a warning in the subject line and in the OP. You ignored that warning and put that it was an substantiated rumor in your post. We were very clear in the warning about what would happen if a poster did that. You have been banned. -Staff]
EBrazosAg
AG
I think there is no doubt that what ever is in the documents, Wallis thinks there is, or at least may be, something that could lead to civil or criminal action. That is the only explanation. Reputation for him is way behind us now - this is something bigger.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
MosesHallRAB83
AG
Why is it not allowed to post a clearly marked rumor? Are we not adults? Can we not discern fact from fiction, especially when it is clearly marked as a rumor?

I'm not a child. I do not need to be protected as if I am.

[There are plenty of avenues that "adults" can use to spread gossip and salacious rumors on the internet. We are not going to allow this forum to be used for that type of posting about anyone in this community and that is not open for debate. It doesn't matter if it is a public official or a random private citizen, we are not going to allow it on this forum.
If the records are made available to the public then anything in them is open for conversation.

This is not open for debate, we are not going to address it on this thread again, and we are not going to allow this thread to get derailed by a few posters complaining about moderation. The positive feedback that we get about keeping rumors to a minimum on this board is much higher than the negative feedback and if a few posters don't like that, so be it.

Staff]

[As of this edit we are no longer going to publicly edit posts that question the way that we are moderating this thread. If we decide that a post is derailing this thread or questioning how we moderate it we are simply going to remove the post and the poster may have their privileges removed. There is the final warning. -Staff]
AggiePirate
AG
Stupe said:

How is BISD trying to save face?
That they allowed to go on for so long went on for so long with them doing nothing to stop it. Whatever it is that would maybe be in those documents...the same reason he left with a payout.
Stupe
S
I don't think that was to save face, it was to avoid a headache. Wallis is the one filing all of the lawsuits to keep the records sealed.
Tumble Weed
Anybody have an ETA on the docs?
Mathguy64
AG
Once they are out any appeal becomes moot so I would assume they stay sealed until his appeals are exhausted or he gives up. He has until April to appeal so at a minimum it will be then.
Vivificus
AG
EBrazosAg said:

I think there is no doubt that what ever is in the documents, Wallis thinks there is, or at least may be, something that could lead to civil or criminal action.

Is the evidence of misuse of public funds not enough for a criminal charge. If the allegations of him using BISD money for hotel stays and shipping applications is true, wouldn't that be a slam dunk?
Viv
EBrazosAg
AG
Vivificus said:

EBrazosAg said:

I think there is no doubt that what ever is in the documents, Wallis thinks there is, or at least may be, something that could lead to civil or criminal action.

Is the evidence of misuse of public funds not enough for a criminal charge. If the allegations of him using BISD money for hotel stays and shipping applications is true, wouldn't that be a slam dunk?
If it was a slam dunk there would already be charges......logic would say it's something not out yet....but then who behaves logically ......except the two board members that voted against the separation agreement package.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
TexasAggie_02
AG
http://www.kbtx.com/content/news/Former-Bryan-ISD-Superintendent-Tommy-Wallis-drops-lawsuit-475600983.html
Mathguy64
AG
The brick wall he was up against had a candid conversation with his checkbook. The checkbook just rolled over belly up.
happyinBCS
More documents released on KBTX
Tumble Weed
kbtx

The memo detailed alleged actions by Wallis that were in violation of district and state standards of conduct. Some of the violations included allegations of Wallis's immoral conduct, arrogant disregard of district policies, and inappropriate use of taxpayer dollars.

"Because of the severity of these violations and the seriousness of the matter, the cabinet members are in fear of loss of their jobs and believe that the Superintendent will retaliate against each of them," said the memo.

Leadership Cabinet Members at the time of the memo included Timothy Rocka, Deputy Superintendent, Barbara Ybarra, Associate Superintendent, Amy Drozd, Assistant Superintendent, and Brandon Webb, Executive Director of Communications and Public Affairs.
"It is with great trepidation that these reports are brought forward. After years of attempting resolve these issues among ourselves, the cabinet members are compelled to provide said report to our Board of Trustees," said the memo. "This action is made with a hope that the district will no longer suffer under the Superintendent's totalitarian leadership and abuse of authority."

Stupe
S
The gall of that guy to apply to other jobs using his BISD email is stunning.
Fonzie Scheme
AG
I generally regret wishing ill will on people. Not him.
Stupe
S
Same here.

Based on this, it would seem that he probably drove or blackmailed that guy into committing suicide.
duffelpud
AG
These guys could make that case...

"What's this button do?"
Chris98
AG
All of this and we still paid him $80,000 to leave.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.