The REASON Wallis got the boot [New Saff Warning on OP 6/1/2017]

52,687 Views | 140 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by carpe vinum
InMyOpinion
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Assuming all the items in this report are true the board members that agreed to pay Wallis anything should be ashamed. Any BISD employee would be fired for most if not all of the items and the top dog gets paid. I hope voters know who voted for a pay off during the next school board election and the results reflect their poor decision.
OnlyANobody
I'm loathe to admit it, because he made an underhanded campaign comment off the deceased Mr. Bosquez' back to gain votes, but Mr. McCall too, voted against it.
OnlyANobody
Well, Techno, I think it's not so much the fact that he was looking for another job, but that he was using BISD time, resources (people) and supplies to facilitate this job search. Then supplementing his travel differences via the district checkbook while doing this.
Love Gun
Wow. The KBTX report was damning, but the Paul Harvey version of it here leaves me speechless.

This is some riveting reading for the toilet. Seriously. F that guy and the people that gave him $83,000 Bryan tax dollars to leave quietly.

http://media.graytvinc.com/documents/Tommy+Wallis+violations+report.pdf
Post removed:
by user
theycallmemrtibbs
Demon 8 said:

Wow. The KBTX report was damning, but the Paul Harvey version of it here leaves me speechless.

This is some riveting reading for the toilet. Seriously. F that guy and the people that gave him $83,000 Bryan tax dollars to leave quietly.

Wow. I have no words.
rc_cat
theycallmemrtibbs said:

Demon 8 said:

Wow. I have no words.
He's a real peach, ain't he.
KaneIsAble
AG
wow - dude deserves what's coming to him
Fonzie Scheme
AG
Such exemplary Christian behavior from the man who sold himself as a believer. Enjoy your fate, loser. It's all catching up with you now. The term "unemployable" is one no can afford to have associated with themselves. This guy's picture is next to the term in a dictionary. What an absolutely pathetic excuse for a human being.
Geralt of Rivia
S
I'm happy to see that David Stasny voted against his payout. He's a longtime friend of my family
AggiePirate
AG
Slocum on a mobile said:

Bryan school board shoulda straight up fired him. No recommendations.
Need to clean house.
Phil Garner
InMyOpinion said:

Assuming all the items in this report are true the board members that agreed to pay Wallis anything should be ashamed. Any BISD employee would be fired for most if not all of the items and the top dog gets paid. I hope voters know who voted for a pay off during the next school board election and the results reflect their poor decision.

Not sure if insurance would have covered legal fees, but the payout may have saved the ISD $$$. May have been a business decision.

Pick your battles. BISD loses short game, but the long game is playing out.

Just a guess. No dog in this fight.
QuitTrippin
purely a business decision, this clown should have been fired after year one. I just hope he can't get another job with TRS.
BigBubba
AG
Fonzie Scheme said:

The term "unemployable" is one no can afford to have associated with themselves. This guy's picture is next to the term in a dictionary.
He is still employed. I don't see that changing.

Phil Garner said:

InMyOpinion said:

Not sure if insurance would have covered legal fees, but the payout may have saved the ISD $$$. May have been a business decision.

That's my guess. I bet the board felt this was the cheaper and quicker alternative. If that is the case, I don't have a problem with it. The only thing that really rubbed me the wrong way is that they wrote him a letter of recommendation.
InMyOpinion
Quote:

Quote:

That's my guess. I bet the board felt this was the cheaper and quicker alternative. If that is the case, I don't have a problem with it. The only thing that really rubbed me the wrong way is that they wrote him a letter of recommendation.

That might be the case but then I would question why would would agree to a contract with someone that allows theft among numerous other items. If Wallis only had to defend a couple accusations it was probably the cheaper solution but the report gives a long list of items and I assume there are more out there. Assuming all can be proven he would have walked to prevent everything from becoming public. Makes me question if there were other items that involved specific board members and they were quick to approve a buy out to prevent their names from being involved.

I definitely agree that no letter of recommendation should have been given.
Fonzie Scheme
AG
Quote:

At least not until the next election cycle in Kirbyville. Afterwards, who knows?
Love Gun
Fonzie Scheme said:

Quote:

At least not until the next election cycle in Kirbyville. Afterwards, who knows?

For Kirbyville, it's cheaper to keep him at this point. The people will vote out all the board members and mayor, which is par for the course for Tommy Wallis - the man with the reverse Midas touch.
Love Gun
Kirbyville just went all in on Wallis.

Quote:

The Kirbyville school board released a written statement Monday night supporting Superintendent Dr. Tommy Wallis, despite growing criticism and concern from the town's residents.

Part of that statement said:

"We hired Dr. Wallis about three months ago. During the search process, he was open and honest with this board about his previous employment at Bryan ISD, and about the lessons that he was learned as a result. No one "pushed" the board to hire Dr. Wallis. He came to us as an award-winning administrator with a favorable recommendation from his previous employer. Quite frankly, he was the best candidate and the board voted unanimously to hire him. We stand by that decision today and fully support him as our community moves forward."

The statement also blamed media reports for inaccuracies and rumors surrounding the death of Dennis Reeves, the high school's principal. Reeves committed suicide last month after Wallis confronted him about harassment allegations involving another school district employee.

"We did not ask for this challenge. We wish Mr. Reeves had made different choices," the statement said.

More than 100 people showed up Monday night to the school board meeting to express their concerns and frustrations with the way the school district has handled the death investigation.

Justice of the Peace Mike Smith is still waiting on gun powder and ballistics tests before making a final ruling on manner of death.

Also on Monday, TV station KFDM-TV in Beaumont reported Wallis may have violated the school district's written policy in the way the Reeves accusations were handled.
Rapier108
Quote:

The former superintendent filed a contempt motion following stories by KBTX and The Eagle about a report presented to the Bryan Independent School District in 2016 alleging multiple ethical violations.

Attorneys representing Wallis claim BISD, and any of its participating employees, should be held in contempt of court for releasing that information while a temporary injunction is in place to keep school district records about Wallis from being released to the public.

As a result, Wallis is asking the 345th District Court in Travis County to impose the following sanctions:

-The school board and each district defendant to pay up to $37,000 in penalties and/or be confined in the county jail

-If confinement is ordered, that each defendant post a bond payable to Wallis to ensure they appear in court if released from jail

-A fine for each and every Bryan ISD defendant that allegedly violated the terms of the Temporary Injunction

-A payment of up to $20,000, which represents the attorney's fees and taxable court costs incurred by Wallis
http://www.kbtx.com/content/news/Wallis-wants-Bryan-ISD-leaders-jailed-or-fined-430220193.html
happyinBCS
Well I have seen a lot of stupid moves at my age but if Wallis thought he could never get another job before this stupid move, for sure he will never be employed after this. I think he needs to fire his attorney, all he is doing is billing hours and ruining his client's life. Oh well so very sad for all involved
montegobay
It's time for people who don't have official records to start talking. I know at least one who Wallis forced out to replace with his own person. She doesn't work for BISD anymore. KBTX: how about you find some of those folks.

And where in the heck is TEA in all of this???

[They can talk in public. We still will not allow rumors on this website. -Staff]
turfman80
AG
Bottomline, the guy is just bullying scum.
Yeah, well, sometimes nothing is a real cool hand
Love Gun
My mom is former BISD. She and many of her colleagues reactions to this bombshell: They must have something that he REALLY doesn't want getting out in the open.
ScienceGal86
With Wallis's new legal action:
1) Pay back BISD's $83K since he is in violation of the agreement against future legal action;
2) All BISD employees need to come forward and say they released the documents and let his legal team sort through a couple thousand people to see " who done it;" and
3) All those he slandered/harmed in the documents and those in the district not mentioned in the papers, need to sue him.

Wallis got his new job and the KCISD board loves him. Great for him and them. Woohoo. We don't care about their error in judgement. Just leave BISD alone and let our teachers and administrators do their jobs.- not their's AND YOUR's.
duffelpud
AG
Methinks "this website" has contracted 'litigaphobia'.
Fonzie Scheme
AG
duffelpud said:

Methinks "this website" has contracted 'litigaphobia'.

Can't blame 'em. This guy is right up there with some others who I know for a fact have tried to get other local sites to reveal the people behind usernames so he could directly confront them. For clarity, I cannot say if the same happened here. But, when you have public figures who cannot tolerate any criticism, you have to protect yourself. It's just smart business. I'm sure TexAgs officially has no dog in the fight -- as they shouldn't. Why put themselves at even peripheral risk by allowing rumors that can make you a vehicle for slander accusations?
Fonzie Scheme
AG
And, for the record: I was not referring to anyone who prides themselves on their restaurant reviews.
Stupe
S
Why does this guy think that he can request jail time for someone?
Stupe
S
It's happened on this site more than once.
Love Gun
Stupe said:

Why does this guy think that he can request jail time for someone?

I'm more concerned with him thinking that their bail amounts are payable to him.

This dude is gonna get his ass handed to him by karma.
Stupe
S
I had to go back and read that again after I saw this post.

I missed that part when I originally read what he was asking. Does this guy operate in reality at all? And, who is the attorney representing him?
duffelpud
AG
"Public Figure" says it all.

When you hang your a$$ out there as a public official you had better have the fortaleza to take criticism - good, bad, warranted and unwarranted. It's part of the job. It reflects poorly on media venues - be they local TV stations or community websites - when they are so timid as to essentially provide cover for the misdeeds of those who get paid with our tax dollars.
duffelpud
AG
Here is attorney information, etc. available to the public at Travis County Online Court Records.

happyinBCS
His attorney's firm is in Grapevine
Post removed:
by user

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.