Outdoors
Sponsored by

Thieves using wifi blockers to jam security cams/doorbells before robbing

2,115 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Burdizzo
C@LAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Interesting news story. not surprising. expect it to wider if it has not already.

Thieves are using jammers to block signals so that video is not recorded AND alerts are not able to be sent.

Question: How many of you use wifi only for your security cams/doorbell vs hard wired?

https://www.sacbee.com/news/california/article286284370.html

https://abc7.com/glendale-police-issue-warning-about-burglars-wifi-jammers-disable-alarms-security-cameras/14554887/
Jethro95
AG
100% wired with local NVR. Even works when the internet goes out.
bam02
AG
All WiFi
cupofjoe04
AG
All WiFi, but it's got some tamper and power/connectivity failsafe features. No tactical reason. It's just the cheapest thing that gives me some measure of protection, along with a discount on insurance. No matter what I install, a prepared and determined their will best it.

I don't live in Ft. Knox. But I might live at the bottom of a lake. IYKYK.
Tx-Ag2010
AG
All POE, except for my doorbell as I didn't feel like fishing CAT6 cable through the brick.

I have mine on battery backup so they record even if power is cut.
texAZtea
AG
My greatest security measure is not looking like the best house on the block to steal from.
EMY92
AG
They better hope they have something to jamb my 105# GSD/Malinois mix.
RoadkillBBQ
The user of my AR-15 is hard wired.
fixer
My GSD can't be hacked.
agenjake
About once a quarter, I leave some sort of desk, construction material, old mower, etc. by the road and it's usually gone within 24 hours if not 24 minutes.

I figure the locals will tell their buddies to leave me alone so they don't mess up their supply.
MouthBQ98
AG
Ah, committing a federal felony on top of a local petty crime. Good move.
Tumble Weed
After owning a business that was broken into several times, I have learned that cameras are worthless. Cops don't care about your property.

Multiple layers of security works. It is all a function of time. Thieves are lazy and want easy targets.
Nealthedestroyer
AG
Castle defense is best defense. Fences, dogs, cameras, nosy neighbors, and family communal living.
Vae Victis
Burdizzo
AG
texAZtea said:

My greatest security measure is not looking like the best house on the block to steal from.

Mine is having dogs that bark like crazy at anyone that comes to the door.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.