Outdoors
Sponsored by

Time for a hurricane thread?

105,205 Views | 618 Replies | Last: 17 days ago by ABATTBQ11
BurnetAggie99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Man that stinks. Looks like a American Elm if so those things known to split out like that. Hate to see that hurt that Chevy pick-up. Ford guy here have my grandfathers 1967 F-250 High-Boy 4x4 but always thought those Chevy's good looking trucks.
SteveBott
AG
It was. Bradford pear. Had it happen again and the tree was cut down with vengeance. Terrible trees. Builder put it in before I knew better
Tx-Ag2010
AG
maroon barchetta said:

Which of the Way streets do you live on?

Haha. None, but it sure made for interesting times giving directions to the old downtown LJ.
Towns03
AG
I was expecting some patchy thunderstorms today. Instead I woke up to a freight train sound and feel at 3am.

Waves tore up the dock and I almost lost my boat off the back of the lift.

Edit: what's the deal with posting videos??

maroon barchetta
Tx-Ag2010 said:

maroon barchetta said:

Which of the Way streets do you live on?

Haha. None, but it sure made for interesting times giving directions to the old downtown LJ.

All the Way streets lead to downtown!
Towns03
AG

maroon barchetta
Where is that?
Ogre09
AG
Question on power outage: how long before my fridge starts to get funky? I know I'll need to toss stuff. But I'd rather not have a haz mat situation.

I r-u-n-n-o-f-t and am trying to decide when to head back home.
C@LAg
Ogre09 said:

Question on power outage: how long before my fridge starts to get funky? I know I'll need to toss stuff. But I'd rather not have a haz mat situation.

food is "bad" in 5 hours. starts to get ripe in 24. FUNKY at 36-48.

if you keep the doors closed
SGrem
Meh....it's just a big ice chest now. So just as if you were sitting in a park with a cooler. Keep the lid shut and it will fo well. Flap those doors a bunch and you will lose all your cold.

Can always put your perishables in an ice chest and keep supplying from wherever you can get ice.
Www.gowithgrem.com
JFABNRGR
AG
Ogre09 said:

Food will thaw or get warm from the top downwards. I have had to throw stuff out on the top not bottom. That said in future put most valuable stuff in bottom while freezing various water bottles to put in fridge or even freezer on highest point.

Of the stuff that thawed, start cooking it and eating it.
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
Everything finally calmed down in ETX.
Lots of rain and lots of wind, nothing crazy. Longview to Marshall had some tornadoes mid day,

Still grilled jerk chicken through the storm, wish I could share the water with you folks out west.
Hoyt Ag
AG
Finally heard from my Dad since this morning early. His pier is in bad shape and the downstairs got 3 feet in it. Im trying to get off work to head down there once he gets full analysis of the damage but at 77, he had a long stressful 36 hours.
Bayou City
Anything we can do to help?
"I've lived through some terrible things in my life, some of which have actually happened."

Mark Twain
normaleagle05
AG
Again?!
aggiesundevil4
AG
Power is back on in many Katy neighborhoods, only down 14 hours for us, really lucky this time. 5-9 am was legit today…
tandy miller
AG
Hoyt Ag said:

Finally heard from my Dad since this morning early. His pier is in bad shape and the downstairs got 3 feet in it. Im trying to get off work to head down there once he gets full analysis of the damage but at 77, he had a long stressful 36 hours.

Where is he located? Im in el campo and if within an hour or so I'd be glad to go help tomorrow after work
FJB
Hoyt Ag
AG
He is in San Leon, so well outside an hour. I appreciate it though!
SteveBott
AG
No. Pics were from the last time. The point was two different insurance company claims, car and home. I cut that f-cking tree down and planted a new peach tree in its place.
Jtd08
AG
Found out this afternoon that my folks lost their dock, boat and boat house on Caney Creek (boat was lifted up almost to the roof of boat house). They're at a bend in the creek that has never had real issues with flooding before, even in past hurricanes. Still waiting to see how much damage the water did to the lower level of the house, but doesn't look good.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
aggiesundevil4 said:

Power is back on in many Katy neighborhoods, only down 14 hours for us, really lucky this time. 5-9 am was legit today…
where in Katy? I'm near 1463/Roesner and outside of 5 minutes of power last night at 5:30pm, we're still sitting here with nada. Luckily I have generator and portable A/C but I'm worried about tomorrow and zero break from the heat.

Cell service is freaking terrible and I'm only just now able to check things on my phone from the house. Been having to drive up close 10 just to get service.

Y'all be safe!
Charlie Murphy
Will be in Sargent tomorrow if you need me to swing by
Welcome to the China Club

"Here's the pitch...POPPED it up! Oh man, that wouldn't be a home run in a phone booth."
-Harry Carey
aggiesundevil4
AG
I have relatives in cinco ranch with power back, I'm near falcon point and have power back
Hoyt Ag
AG
I imagine he will need help eventually rebuilding the decking on the pier. He is known to give fishing access for folks that help out. TXguns goes out often cause of his generosity during Ike and Imelda.
88planoAg
AG
My parents are in Greatwood with no power and reports are now it'll be 'several days'.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
For some reason, anything West of Gaston/Spring Green is without power.
Charlie Murphy
Greatwood here as well. Any "report" that they heard would not be specific to their location FYI.
Welcome to the China Club

"Here's the pitch...POPPED it up! Oh man, that wouldn't be a home run in a phone booth."
-Harry Carey
88planoAg
AG
I should have said 'info from their provider' says several days, but right, Houston is big and who knows when a specific area will be back online.
O.G.
SteveBott said:

Two claims

Nooooo!!! how bad is the damage on that Chevy?
trip
AG
Looking for gas. I am in magnolia.
techno-ag
AG
trip said:

Looking for gas. I am in magnolia.
Head toward Navasota and College Station maybe?
trip
AG
That is the plan. Or going towards I-45/conroe
BQ_90
AG
trip said:

i would head to BCS or that direction. I know Madisonville has power outages, and Bucces is without power.

How is Conroe and Hville for power????
OE_Ag11
AG
Have power back in Bayou Vista. Still have some local outages on some of the streets with local line damage.
water turkey
trip said:

It's a zoo in that area. I'm here right now. I would go to college Station.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.