Outdoors
Sponsored by

Time for a hurricane thread?

105,209 Views | 618 Replies | Last: 17 days ago by ABATTBQ11
P.U.T.U
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Our management in Houston is normally bullheaded and pushes through the weather, they closed our offices for today due to power issues in the area and flooding.
58-7
AG
LPCAg said:

I am supposed to be in Palacios on Wednesday. Have they lost power? Is there flooding?
5:45 am aeptexas.com reports 2360 without power in Palacios. 80+ wind gusts so power will definitely be an issue. Not sure on flooding.
fullback44
AG
Bayou City said:

That's a great website. Thanks! Hoping things stay green for you folks.
I have a house on the water in Clear Lake Shores.. more worried about flooding there, power is now out down there so I can't monitor the water / tide levels with my outside cameras, I was about 2-3 feet from taking water on in the lower stairwell a few hours ago …. Gonna be another fun couples weeks after today, been there done that in Port Aransas after Harvey, hoping this one isn't as bad.

People want to live on the Texas Coast, it's part of the game, we know that going in so when something happens like this you just deal with it. Praying power somehow stays on here in Houston
Bayou City
We bunked down through Beryl in Cancun. Praying for you and everybody else down there. Sending all the prayers we can.
TheVarian
AG
Entergy map:

https://www.etrviewoutage.com/map?state=TX&_gl=1*1vpibmb*_ga*ODI1NjQ2OTAuMTcwNDczNTk4MQ..*_ga_HK6YSZ6LT0*MTcwNDczNTk4MC4xLjAuMTcwNDczNTk4MS41OS4wLjA.

Centerpoint tracker (no map):

https://gisoutagetracker.azurewebsites.net
G. hirsutum Ag
AG
11/100 in my gauge. Doubt we get any more. That was everything in the last 24 hours. Eastern Victoria county. Winds probably never got above 35
fullback44
AG
Bayou City said:

We bunked down through Beryl in Cancun. Praying for you and everybody else down there. Sending all the prayers we can.
Our friend lives in Playa del Carmen, he didn't seem too worried. It ended up being fairly mild there and he never lost power, he said it's life as normal pretty much
Cibalo
Lost power around 630am in spring branch. Wind isn't too bad. I got a small limb down so far.
BCO07
AG
Definitely spot flooding in low areas. No power
CS78
Independence H-D said:

Does it seem odd that this storm is not electrical at all?

Not sure why, but that's pretty normal.
malenurse
AG
Richmond/Pecan Grove:

Pretty sure we're in the eye just now. Winds are very calm. Lots of trees down in the neighborhood. Power of fort the last hour. We've been lucky so far.
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But, it's still on the list.
B-1 83
AG
Daughter lost power in Sienna about 5 am. My son in law is in Ft Collins unloading their first bunch of furniture for their move, so she's riding this out with a 5 year old by herself.
Being in TexAgs jail changes a man……..no, not really
Aggieangler93
AG
POC dodged a bullet. 75MPH winds and 4 foot storm surge. I'm thankful for that. Hang in there Houston area folks. It looks like it's camping.
Class of '93 - proud Dad of a '22 grad and a '26 student!
MouthBQ98
AG
My parents had an oak tree fall on their power line and partially on their travel trailer. Some of my siblings lost power. They all live in Cypress or near Kingwood.

Seems like trees loaded with foliage are blowing over as usual.
malenurse
AG
The irony is that the tree service was scheduled to come to my house today to trim all my trees
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But, it's still on the list.
CS78
Any word from Sargent or Matagorda?

If anyone knows of someone that gets in a pinch and needs help, im free today and tomorrow. Have boats, saws, winch, recovery gear, heavy duty trailer, etc. I try to stay off roofs. 979-tw0 zer0 f0ur- o635.
Drip99
AG
CS78 said:

Any word from Sargent or Matagorda?

If anyone knows of someone that gets in a pinch and needs help, im free today and tomorrow. Have boats, saws, winch, recovery gear, heavy duty trailer, etc. I try to stay off roofs. 979-tw0 zer0 f0ur- o635.
Mike from Mikes weather page (spaghettimodels.com) is in Sargent. Posted a video on facebook which shows 2-3 feet of surge. Anyone there is likely trapped until the surge receeds.
2007fightintexasaggie
AG
Any updates on El Campo/Glen Flora area? Having issues getting in touch with family in the area. Wondering if cell service is interrupted or if they just didn't charge their phones last night.
Hoyt Ag
AG
San Leon getting hammered. Dad said 3ft in the bottom of his bay house, so around 6ft surge so far.
MouthBQ98
AG
Parents travel trailer will be a total loss. Roof got crushed in.
CenterHillAg
AG
My buddy in Crescent said they made it through ok, just a lot of wind and the water stacking up a little but nothing crazy.
2007fightintexasaggie
AG
Thanks! Just heard back from them and reporting the same - small tree and some limbs down but that's about it. Now power since 3am-ish on WCEC.
mAgnoliAg
AG
Anybody in crystal beach. Being a higher lot with a high boat lift, we left everything there.
chiken
AG
Sea Speed said:

Adding this to the current pages instead of having to go back and find it.
mAgnoliAg
AG
End of 61st St pier is gone. Saw a picture from bayou vista it's covered and threatening to float all the boats in lifts.
Sea Speed
AG
mAgnoliAg said:

End of 61st St pier is gone. Saw a picture from bayou vista it's covered and threatening to float all the boats in lifts.

About an hour ago in BV

Sea Speed
AG
Better still

fullback44
AG
Update: 1,954,000 w out power in Houston …
lazuras_dc
AG
Sea Speed said:

mAgnoliAg said:

About an hour ago in BV

wheres BV... I googled BV it but uh.... it came up as Bacterial Vaginosis...
Post removed:
by user
lazuras_dc
AG
Never heard of it. But now I just realized it said that in the post that seaspeed quoted.
BCO07
AG
palacios, blessing, markham, midfield are all without cell towers. Even first net is spotty
OE_Ag11
AG
Surge has peaked in Bayou Vista. Ended up just about 5.6ft mllw. So only 4. 5ft over high tide.

Almost over the tracks and I don't think my collards, squash, or tomatoes are going to be too happy after this. The mint will probably double in size haha.

txags92
AG
CS78 said:

Independence H-D said:

Does it seem odd that this storm is not electrical at all?

Not sure why, but that's pretty normal.
Probably moist air aloft is less likely to generate static charges compared to storms forming in a drier atmosphere.
txags92
AG
fullback44 said:

Update: 1,954,000 w out power in Houston …
Now 2,128,413.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.