Outdoors
Sponsored by

Time for a hurricane thread?

105,182 Views | 618 Replies | Last: 17 days ago by ABATTBQ11
one safe place
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I am going to be investing in a scratch, sniff, and taste monitor because pictures of food do me no good.
AnScAggie
AG
This is why TA OB can't be beat, hours ago everyone was worried about a hurricane hitting Corpus/Port A, now we're discussing venison recipes.
Hoyt Ag
AG
Yall should have come up here. Fly Fishing is on fire.
aggiesundevil4
AG
I'm in Katy, was in New Orleans for Katrina…this is my Plan B
BCO07
AG
I certainly would rather be up there
Fishing Fools
This is true!

txags92
AG
txags92 said:

Right now, I am leaning towards the "stronger storm" models. The ECMWF has been showing the storm weaker than actual for about the last 2-3 days and according to Levi, there is a window before reaching the Yucatan where the shear is likely to relax and some restrengthening may occur. If the eye stays far enough south of Jamaica over the next few hours that the eyewall structures are not too disrupted, we are likely to see a Cat 2-3 approaching the Yucatan instead of the TS level storm forecast by the ECMWF. If that is the case, the stronger storm should continue to gain latitude and likely won't be significantly disrupted by the Yucatan, making the mid to upper coast models more likely IMO.
Sometimes I even surprise myself. More disruption from Yucatan than I thought, but otherwise…. Y'all stay safe down along the coast and keep in mind that your neighbor's loose debris can kill you just as easily at 70 mph as it can at 100+ mph.
Bayou City
Cat 1
General Jack D. Ripper
Could staff please cleanup into one hurricane thread?
There was this one time at ban camp…
Animal Eight 84
AG
Current PSA message going viral in Bay City……

Animal Eight 84
AG
rab79 said:

Right now the NWS has it coming in at collegeport, if the trend of shifting east continues it will hit Sargent.
Animal8 will take it on the chin, except it should be a pretty weak storm as storms go. Of course 2003 Claudette might say hello.
Yep. Direct hit. Coming right on top of me. Again.

Just like Hurricane Nicholas did in Sept 2021.
That was a mess to clean up from.
BCO07
AG
Blowing real good in Palacios. Radar looks like we're getting the west side of the eye. Praying that things aren't too messed up when I get home tomorrow night. Wife says we've got water seeping through the north facing door.
C@LAg
pressure dropping, reports of 100+ mile gusts. still cat 1. landfall has been made.

fightingfarmer09
Wind blowing hard and steady north of El Campo. Seems to be shifting more east and moving fast.

tandy miller
AG
You have power? We just lost about an hr ago
FJB
rab79
AG
tandy miller said:

You have power? We just lost about an hr ago

Same here, JEC director predicted a STEC outage when I talked to him this afternoon.
Gilligan
AG
Lost power at 5:15am in Pearland.
OnlyForNow
AG
Lost power about 15 mins ago in north Richmond.

Lots of rain and wind but nothing crazy so far.
aggieband 83
AG
Power has been out in Louise since at least 4:30 when I got up. Lots of wind. Do not see a lot of water in the ditches which surprised me. Can't see many branches down in my yard which surprised me even more. Enjoying breakfast by hurricane lamplight. Those dang frogs are making almost as much noise as the wind.
Courtesy Flush
AG
We are north of Louise and lost power around 4:30. Winds are crazy high right now but supposedly going to start decreasing soon.
Bayou City
It's actually slowing down. It was moving at 12 mph now it's down to 10 mph.
Bayou City
Highest flooding risk comes later today once the storm moves inland and the upstream rivers and bayous start to fill up while there's still and inland flow coming off the coast pushing the downstream flows into the upstream flows. Everything I've seen shows the highest flooding for Houston and south around 8-11am.
Tx95Ag
AG
We're without power here in Fulshear for the last couple hours . Looks like the eye will be passing directly over us. Still, the wind hasn't seemed too bad. Non stop rain though. Y'all stay safe.
fullback44
AG
5-6 inches of rain in Houston already, power is intermittent, I see all the power going off, gonna be a huge mess in Htown with all the power issues. Center point now showing 752,000 customers affected already, it was only 148,000 about 45 min ago
txaggie_08
AG
We just lost power in the Spring area about 5 mins ago.
Independence H-D
Does it seem odd that this storm is not electrical at all?
Bayou City
Can you post a link?
Bayou City
Here are the rain totals

https://www.iweathernet.com/total-rainfall-map-24-hours-to-72-hours
MouthBQ98
AG
Austin and San Antonio watch Houston…

Tx95Ag
AG
I had the same thought. Haven't seen or heard lightning all night.
tmaggies
AG
No power and large tree on house here in Austin County
LPCAg
AG
I am supposed to be in Palacios on Wednesday. Have they lost power? Is there flooding?
fullback44
AG
Bayou City said:

Can you post a link?
Harris County Emergency Management site has gauges (188 gauges) all over the Houston area, you can go back in time. Over 7.6 inches in 2 days in my area

https://www.harriscountyfws.org/
Bayou City
It's crazy that this thing actually dropped in pressure over land. I've never seen a storm strengthen w the eye over land. That's crazy.
Bayou City
That's a great website. Thanks! Hoping things stay green for you folks.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.