Outdoors
Sponsored by

Time for a hurricane thread?

105,137 Views | 618 Replies | Last: 17 days ago by ABATTBQ11
Sorrell Booke
How long do you want to ignore this user?
2,128,412 now. Mine just came back on!!
2007fightintexasaggie
AG
Where are you located?
45-70Ag
AG
Hubert J. Farnsworth
Meanwhile, in Southwest Texas.

ABATTBQ11
AG
I think you mean, "West of I35."
Hubert J. Farnsworth
ABATTBQ11 said:

I think you mean, "West of I35."

Yep.
tandy miller
AG
2007fightintexasaggie said:

Any updates on El Campo/Glen Flora area? Having issues getting in touch with family in the area. Wondering if cell service is interrupted or if they just didn't charge their phones last night.

Cell service is down.
FJB
Jason_Roofer
For all of us complaining about our insurance premiums.....the good news is that they are about to change. The bad news is that we probably won't like them again.
Infinity Roofing - https://linqapp.com/jason_duke --- JasonDuke@InfinityRoofer.com --- https://infinityrooferjason.blogspot.com/
Jason_Roofer
Hubert J. Farnsworth said:

Meanwhile, in Southwest Texas.

Don't worry. Our consolation prize is on the way!

Infinity Roofing - https://linqapp.com/jason_duke --- JasonDuke@InfinityRoofer.com --- https://infinityrooferjason.blogspot.com/
ABATTBQ11
AG
Guaranteed that'll die out long before it gets to where I am or it will pass north/south. Seen it dozens of times over the last 3 years.
txags92
AG
ABATTBQ11 said:

Guaranteed that'll die out long before it gets to where I am or it will pass north/south. Seen it dozens of times over the last 3 years.
And if it does get there, it will drop <0.25 inches of rain that will immediately evaporate and accomplish nothing besides making it more humid, without actually recharging the rivers, streams, or aquifers. So tiresome to see the whole area west of San Antonio just get skipped over for rain over and over.
ABATTBQ11
AG
Yep. Been real frustrating watching everything pass this area up. Feels like just about everything that's come through the state the last 6 months has gone from almost I10 to the Red River and couldn't drop squat on anything south of Bulverde until it passed 35.
fullback44
AG
ABATTBQ11 said:

Yep. Been real frustrating watching everything pass this area up. Feels like just about everything that's come through the state the last 6 months has gone from almost I10 to the Red River and couldn't drop squat on anything south of Bulverde until it passed 35.
If I could push all this rain out of the Houston area believe me I would, it rains almost every other evening some weeks, we really don't need all this rain, especially not a dam hurricane. But it's early, no telling how many more storms we will get. Anyway, I've got an inclosed stairwell in a Kemah place on the bay. gonna have to cut about 1 1/2 foot or so of sheet rock out, entire yard and stairwell plus garage got flooded, still sitting there, it won't drain. Hoping low tide at 6 pm helps,it drain out. I may head down there with my fishing rod, maybe catch a few reds in the back yard ! Not gonna sweat this .. just get er done ! Only about 150 square feet of sheet rock along 4 small walls to cut out … like a cardio workout. I'll let Pedro come fix it once it's dried out
fightingfarmer09
Tons of old growth pecans and oaks down near Glen Flora for those looking for firewood and furniture wood.

Massive trees.
P.U.T.U
AG
Waskom and Hallsville got hit by two large tornadoes, not sure of the damage yet.
Cromagnum
AG
For those *****ing about the drought, would you rather have to replace your roof, your fence, the siding on your house, and have no power for several days when it's 100F and humid as *****
TexAg1822
AG
Studemont/10 and White Oak Bayou

tandy miller
AG
Cromagnum said:

For those *****ing about the drought, would you rather have to replace your roof, your fence, the siding on your house, and have no power for several days when it's 100F and humid as *****

No i'd rather ***** about the drought when it's dry and ***** about my fence getting blown over when it hurricanes
FJB
BurnetAggie99
Just got off a work meeting. Austin Energy will be sending Mutual Aid crews to Houston & surrounding area to help restore power. Helping out our Centerpoint colleagues.
CS78
Drew a short straw. Tenants car. Waiting on BTU to clear a powerline before I can start cutting.

B-1 83
AG
BurnetAggie99 said:

Just got off a work meeting. Austin Energy will be sending Mutual Aid crews to Houston & surrounding area to help restore power. Helping out our Centerpoint colleagues.
Lots of crews staging at the Walmarts parking lot yesterday in Calallen.
Being in TexAgs jail changes a man……..no, not really
OnlyForNow
AG
How does that work on insurance? They file against yours? Or use renters or car?
Sea Speed
AG
CS78 said:

Drew a short straw. Tenants car. Waiting on BTU to clear a powerline before I can start cutting.

Curious how things work in this situation. Does tenant need to make a renters claim? Tree looks healthy.
CS78
OnlyForNow said:

How does that work on insurance? They file against yours? Or use renters or car?
My question too. Waiting to hear back from USAA to see what they say. Tenants only have liability on the car.

Healthy tree. Wasnt leaning or anything.
uncover&humpit
AG
Act of God, will be on tenant to cover damages.
Bayou City
Sucks for the tenant but it's an Act of God and it's their responsibility unless they can show proof that they requested relief and it was refused. It'd go against their auto policy. If the don't have comprehensive coverage then it's full OOP.

Renters insurance covers the car if it's broken into but not damaged due to an Act of God etc.
"I've lived through some terrible things in my life, some of which have actually happened."

Mark Twain
Bayou City
I don't know if I'd even touch the tree as the landlord. I'd probs stay as far away as possible just so that if it does go to small claims or higher they can't try and put you out there w a chainsaw helping to clear it back on you as if you should've known it needed to be trimmed. Sucks but that's the world be live in now a days.
"I've lived through some terrible things in my life, some of which have actually happened."

Mark Twain
SteveBott
AG
Tenant auto insurance will cover the car. Ask me how I know. The tree? Out of luck there. Just firewood now
SteveBott
AG
Can't move the car for repair without moving the tree. I'd get landlord and tenant to group remove
Bayou City
Ok so purely hypothetical here -

Would it change the equation if the tree had hit the house first and then fallen on the car? Would the act of it hitting the house first provide any coverage under the homeowners policy or would it still fall to the renters auto policy?

Luckily for CS78 this is purely hypothetical

Mark Twain
Tx-Ag2010
AG
CS78 said:

Any word from Sargent or Matagorda?

If anyone knows of someone that gets in a pinch and needs help, im free today and tomorrow. Have boats, saws, winch, recovery gear, heavy duty trailer, etc. I try to stay off roofs. 979-tw0 zer0 f0ur- o635.

My parents and aunts all have houses on Caney Creek, heard from my aunt that it was almost to the bottom of their house (maybe 7-8') we haven't been to check it out yet but looked pretty terrible for anyone who chose to ride it out down there.

Lake Jackson got hit worse than I've seen since Rita/Ike crazy considering it was only a Cat 1. Nobody I've talked to in the area has power back yet. They are saying 3-5 days for my neighborhood thankfully I wired my house to back feed a generator so the 800# of venison/meat won't be at risk.
SteveBott
AG
Home insurance for the house and auto for car. Two separate claims. Again ask me how I know
SteveBott
AG
Two claims

maroon barchetta
Which of the Way streets do you live on?
Ag for Life
AG
SteveBott said:

Two claims

Bradford Pears should all be cut down

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.