Outdoors
Sponsored by

Armadillos

2,900 Views | 39 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by jpb1999
jpistolero02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I am having this same problem. I live off the Barton Creek greenbelt in Austin and armadillos are hammering my yard. I walked outside the other night and one was right there for the taking but I wasn't prepared. I now have a game camera up to see if I can catch their routine. I have tried trapping to no avail.
DoitBest
S
limup1215 said:

I use Grub-ex to kill grubs and worms. Has greatly reduced the number of armadillos

Edit to say Grub-ex excellent 1st step to fix

& BTHOmiami
Cromagnum
AG
They are after grubs. Treat that problem and they will go away.
DoitBest
S
This is the way, and if you go trapping, build the funnel. If all else fails, remember what was stated earlier, they pay two-fifty down in Halletsville...
jpb1999
AG
jpistolero02 said:

I am having this same problem. I live off the Barton Creek greenbelt in Austin and armadillos are hammering my yard. I walked outside the other night and one was right there for the taking but I wasn't prepared. I now have a game camera up to see if I can catch their routine. I have tried trapping to no avail.

Another way, very annoying might I add, is to get those driveway motion sensors from Harbor Freight. Set one up at a spot they frequent. Put the alarm near where you sleep. It will piss you off, but the alarm will go off at your deepest part of REM… BUT it works.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.