Outdoors
Sponsored by

Angry Vegan Doesn't Like Meat Being Cooked Next Door

9,871 Views | 102 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by SteveBott
Hoyt Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Why don't you offer some data points or something other than drive by comments with no information or contribution to the discussion?
JustPanda
AG

DELETED - STAFF
JustPanda
AG
https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/can-plant-based-diets-lower-your-risk-of-prostate-cancer-202212162867

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/10466166/
JustPanda
AG
You guys are hilarious. You lost 25 lbs because you were overweight. Being fat makes that easier. That's doesn't mean you're drastically healthier just not as fat.

If I tried to lose 25lbs it wouldn't be possible. I only carry like 10 lbs above essential.

If we looked at obesity in omnivores vs vegetarians, it's not even close.

It's hard to be houston fat and vegetarian
B-1 83
AG
Teslag said:

Consider the source

https://texags.com/forums/54/topics/3122421/1
What a train wreck…..
Being in TexAgs jail changes a man……..no, not really
2ndChanceAg96
AG
This makes me think of the muslim from pakistan that works in the office next door to me. He is always complementary on the smell of my leftovers I cook for lunch. The other day he came into my office and said "that smells more wonderful than usual. What is it?" I said " just some pulled beef brisket that is stewed with veggies." I asked him to try some and he did. He loved it. I brought him more the next day and his family enjoyed it as well. Awesome right?

Little did he know it was stewed pulled pork.

I am going to hell.......... I know.
texAZtea
AG
JustPanda said:

https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/can-plant-based-diets-lower-your-risk-of-prostate-cancer-202212162867

Halfway through first article:

"In a follow-up editorial this past October, Dr. Freedland and his co-authors emphasized shortcomings in the existing data. For instance, the interventional studies cited in the recent review paper are small (fewer than 100 subjects each), with follow-ups lasting no more than a year, and the observational evidence is hardly unanimous, given that some studies detected no association between prostate cancer risk and vegetarian diets, while others generated mixed results."

^Even the people who did the study say it's not conclusive.

For the second, you didn't even post a whole article, you just found a title you liked and posted an abstract. And you didn't even read the abstract, because like 3 sentences in it says:

"No differences in mortality from common cancers have been established. There is no evidence of adverse effects on mortality. Much more information is needed, particularly on other causes of death, other morbidity including osteoporosis, and long-term health in vegans."
Prince_Ahmed
JustPanda said:

This is the best you can do? Your 2022 article was a review of very old research that suggests a vegetarian diet lowers the risks of prostate cancer. But that very article referenced a piece that pretty well debunked the methodology and conclusions of that study: https://www.nature.com/articles/s41391-022-00601-x

And the study you posted was almost 25 years old from NIH... and they've debunked it themselves with new research since then: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/35944662/

What else do you have?
Prince_Ahmed
You beat me to it!
JustPanda
AG
DELETED STAFF - TAKE A BREAK
JustPanda
AG
DELETED STAFF
JustPanda
AG
Again, show me an equal number of houston fat vegetarians as there are omnivores. It's not even close.
Stringfellow Hawke
AG
JustPanda said:

Show of hands - How many of You're Trump voters?

Flagged for a derail. You are ruining what makes the outdoors board a place to come to discuss things outdoors in nature. Go back to wherever you came from.
2ndChanceAg96
AG
Man this panda muslim is angry. I just saw this post. Watch out!!!
JustPanda
AG
Let's see those fit physiques gentleman!
Prince_Ahmed
JustPanda said:

How many of you have a 6 pack? 8 pack? We will lower the bar - how many can even touch their toes or even better put your palms on the ground?

I feel like pictures should be required to talk about fitness. Sensing a lot of 350+ lbs talking about running technique while they sit in the couch because they have bad knees.

If you can't see your man parts because of your belly, please refrain from commenting.
You're a cute little walking textbook of logical fallacies. We try to have an actual discussion with you and you reply with middle school jokes?

Also, I hate Houston as much as the next guy, but why are you so obsessed with it? You must be from there, huh?
Woods Ag
AG
bull***** complete and total bull**** in a controlled study. I guarantee it.

But, you do you and believe the studies probably done by the same folks that did the studies that said dietary fat was bad for you and we should have a low fat diet and consume bunches of carbs.
BowSowy
AG
Can't win an argument and resorts to acting like a child. What a pathetic loser.
Woods Ag
AG
I have a bummed knee right now, my workouts have been pretty bad since the beginning of the year because of it, so I am a bit heavier than normal (like 10lbs) Still - I'm in good shape.

At 37 I out lift, out run, out bike or whatever other form of fitness outside of swimming (because i dont swim much) 99% of the world.
2ndChanceAg96
AG
Found him!!!!

Serious Lee
I occasionally work out with a childhood friend who is vegan. He usually smokes me on our long distance runs (mostly cause i quite literally smoke), but hes also all of about 145 lbs. When we go to hit the iron, that flexible and frail physique of his doesnt do him much good.

I've seen how that diet/build can benefit you in monotonous exercise like running, swimming, cycling. But if im running a construction crew or looking for lumberjacks, basically any job that requires a combo of strength and stamina, im not looking to hire any vegans. Hell, I bet they wouldnt last a week working for discount tire.
tk127ag
AG
Release the kraken
aggiesundevil4
AG
I bet this guy punches like a vegetarian. Little does he know how many farmers, ranchers, and hunters are on here that could whip his butt and not break a sweat. Glad to see staff put him in timeout because he deserves it for acting like a child when he loses an argument.
2ndChanceAg96
AG
I'm just trying to figure out why the weirdo is on the OB!! Lol. It speaks liberal shat talker if you ask me.
texAZtea
AG
Classic "ad straw-minem"
Make up a false charicature of who you're arguing against.
Ignore all of that false person's arguments and attack the false person instead.
Then get banned by staff for being literally too dumb to be trusted to post.
Hungry Ojos
I certainly hope he's trolling because if not, he is by far, the biggest ***** I've ever come across in 45 years on this earth.

My God.
Woods Ag
AG
Stringfellow Hawke
AG
Hungry Ojos said:

I certainly hope he's trolling because if not, he is by far, the biggest ***** I've ever come across in 45 years on this earth.

My God.

Not a troll. Poster has strange views. On the travel board, he blamed Texans for spreading Covid to Colorado because they would not social distance and wear masks.
Woods Ag
AG
Ok... Here's where your argument is flawed.

To start at the top of this tree let's say there are 2 sets of people: Those that care about their health and those that don't.

In that subset of people that care about their health there are meat eaters and plant eaters and then you can subdivide from there.

You're in the plant-eater subset and you are comparing yourself to the set of people that don't know or care about what they put in their bodies or any amount of regular physical activity.

That's a flawed comparison. Compare yourself to a meat-eater that also cares about their health, works out regularly, knows exactly what goes in their body and then you can draw conclusions.

As I said before - my health this past 5 months isn't near what it was the previous 10 years. I've messed my knee up really bad in college and it took multiple surgeries and a couple of years to get back. I've managed to not be limited by it since then by staying in great shape, but i've tweaked it and the docs dont believe surgery will help. Knee replacement or deal with it. IDK, I haven't felt like investigating further. Coming to the realization that I won't be able to do the things I love has made me relax a bit on what I am putting into my body these past few months. Still - I don't eat vegetables at all. I take athletic greens every morning with bone broth. for breakfast I eat a cup of oatmeal with some cinammon, a dash of honey, and salt and 4 eggs. for lunch I eat a cup of rice and 6.5oz of lean ground beef and an egg, and for dinner normally the same thing. We normally eat mexican food on Friday nights and we'll have something a bit tastier on the weekends like fish or bbq or whatever. There's been way more cheating lately, but that's my general diet.

I've been eating this way for quite a while now. Before that I experimented with an all meat diet, I did paleo for a couple of years, I've done IIFYM, etc... I've experimented with a lot and settled on this as I like it best.

It sounds like you may do something similar but as a vegetarian. So we can be comparable. To come on here and try to **** on anyone that doesn't eat like you like you have some superior knowledge or do things better than the rest of us is laughable and naive at best.
TarponChaser
It's also pretty clear that us carnivores on here, regardless of fitness, are far happier, rational, and sane than this Panda twunt.
schmellba99
AG
ThunderCougarFalconBird said:

schmellba99 said:

TarponChaser said:

Aggie_Boomin 21 said:

JustPanda said:

Vegetarian diet decreases the risk of almost all cancers. As someone w a predisposition, I'll cut my cancer risks wherever possible.

Post sources.

And do you at a minimum supplement B12, creatine, carnosine and/or beta-alanine, D3, DHA, iron, calcium, zinc, and protein?

If you aren't, then you're most likely nutrient deficient in a way that is much more likely to decrease your quality of life than the potential small increase in cancer risk.

Virtually all the data from the last 10 years or so shows that the directives on diet basically from most of the 20th and early 21st century is absolutely terrible for your health.

All the stuff about low-fat, high-carb, lots of grains, etc is terrible for us. Eat the least processed stuff you can get. Meat (not processed stuff), fish, fresh veggies (not grains or starches), real fruit, and real butter.

Growing up my mother was so terrified of fat/cholesterol she pushed margarine over real butter and now all the data shows that real butter is far healthier and not remotely the health risk it was once thought. Especially if you go with high quality, grass-fed butter like Kerry Gold.

There have been numerous studies recently debunking the prior claims about red meat causing cancer and the biggest criticism the folks advocating for the plant-based diets have is "it undermines public trust because we've been telling them red meat is bad for you for years."

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/30/health/red-meat-heart-cancer.html

https://www.doctorkiltz.com/does-red-meat-cause-cancer/

https://bigthink.com/health/red-meat-cancer-not-health-risk/
This.

The whole "food pyramid" is pretty much garbage and almost nothing about it is correct. It was designed in a time where we thought ultra processing everything was the wave of the future and was so much better for us because the ability to fortify foods was the rage.

This is the time frame where the medical profession encouraged moms to not breast feed and instead go directly to formula. Margarine was better than butter, eggs would kill you and were to be avoided, soft drinks were good and should be consumed, etc, etc, etc.

We know now that all of that was absolutely wrong. Just like the idea that eating only vegetables is somehow healthier and reduces risks for whatever calamity you are trying to reduce risk for is also absolutely wrong. Some people will never be open to the idea that their way of thinking isn't the best out there though. Vegans are among the worst at this.
remember when it was thought that you could smoke yourself thin?

To be fair, you can actually smoke yourself thin.

But it's with crack, meth or heroin.
schmellba99
AG
JustPanda said:

You guys are hilarious. You lost 25 lbs because you were overweight. Being fat makes that easier. That's doesn't mean you're drastically healthier just not as fat.

If I tried to lose 25lbs it wouldn't be possible. I only carry like 10 lbs above essential.

If we looked at obesity in omnivores vs vegetarians, it's not even close.

It's hard to be houston fat and vegetarian
Conversely, it's hard to be vegetarian/vegan and have the strength to do more than velcro your shoes on every day.

What's it like having to call your wife to open up a jar of peanut butter from the pantry?

And "carrying 10lbs above essential" isn't healthy. That's like saying you were the heaviest at Auschwitz. Not really something to be proud of or to brag about.
SteveBott
AG
This thread went expected after Panda posted.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.