Outdoors
Sponsored by

Daily pocketknife carry....

7,243 Views | 66 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Canyon99
aggieforester05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The CRKT Ken Onion for work carry and the carbon fiber SOG for light duty carry.

Central Committee
AG
A colleague asked me the other day at work if I had a knife handy. I asked him what size he needed.

He looked confused.

Spyderco for the win.
We may not always get what we want. We may not always get what we need. Just so we don't get what we deserve.
Well, okay then
AG
Spyderco Delica 4. As mentioned earlier, can open and close with either hand.
Jason_InfinityRoofer
I find that I carry two knives. One is actually a multi tool on my belt. The other is a spring assist Kershaw. I don't know when I started carrying both but I've had the need on the farm to quickly need a knife and other times need a set of pliers. Anyway, outside of the OB, I wonder how many folks actually carry them? Probably not near as many as used to.
O.G.
Emerson cqc 8

Shivworks Clinch Pick.
XXXVII
I always carry at least two pocket knives. One is a modern folder or automatic which is usually a Spyderco or Microtech clipped to my pocket and the other is a traditional folder that I carry in a leather pocket slip.
CentralTXag
AG
I've done that (buried/hid a knife in a planter box) at the old AstroWorld on the bridge crossing over from parking.....and retrieved on the way back out
MechTechAg
aggiej2007 said:

agfan2013 said:

My sister in law was telling me and the wife the other day she already knows what to get her fiance for his birthday coming up, they were walking through some store and he saw a couple of pocket knives and remarked how good they looked but he didnt want to spend the money at the time. So she's getting him one since he doesnt have a single pocketknife to his name supposedly. I was like "how does a guy live to be 25 years old and not have a single knife???"
Probably because it won't fit in his skinny jeans pocket with the hairbands for his man bun.

Hey, I resemble that comment! (And still carry one everyday.)
AgDad121619
AG
Gerber Air Ranger - clips in my pocket perfectly and just like the green handle
TarponChaser
I inherited a beautiful Jerry Langbien custom with mammoth ivory scales very similar to this one (don't have pics of mine) that I typically carry. Only mine isn't a lock-blade.

91AggieLawyer
AG
I didn't use to put a lot of thought into knives. I'd get them and carry them but wasn't focused on the features or the blade much and sure didn't want to pay for a premium knife. Last year, I got a Benchmade and carry that mostly but I also got several lower end knives with much better steel (D2) than the basic. Now my hiking "go" kit has a Ontario RAT D2 in it but I'll probably put in a Buck knife that's smaller, lighter, and has even better steel and add the RAT to one of my other Go bags (I have several; different topic). By the end of the year, I'll have rotated out all of my cheaper knives for D2 or S30v (or better) steel and put the cheap knives in the car or give them away.
XXXVII
My typical carry lately.

Chris Reeve Sebenza 21 Insingo Black Micarta and Great Eastern Cutlery #38 Bloodwood English Whittler.

aTm2004
AG
The black Kershaw Skyline is what I carry most often, but the other 3 Kershaws find their way into my pocket from time-to-time.

TommyGun
AG
I've carried the same Kershaw Cryo for about seven years now. A friend of mine who has since passed away gave it to me before my wedding. The tip of it just recently broke off and I actually kind of like it better now. The square nose acts as a good impromptu screw driver or bottle opener.

CactusThomas
AG
Very nice. Didn't see that those new 38's had shipped yet.
XXXVII
CactusThomas said:

Very nice. Didn't see that those new 38's had shipped yet.

Thanks. I have caught the GEC bug. I usually try to get one or more of each new pattern they release. Collecting traditional pocket knives has become my new hobby.
CactusThomas
AG
I've been collecting Great Eastern since '07. I haven't liked many of the recent releases but I do like those new whittlers.
XXXVII
Nice. I've liked the 47s, 15s, and 85s that came out recently. I'm getting a couple of the 83s and maybe a 71 soon.
TX AG 88
AG
Kershaw Ken Onion Blur is my EDC. Don't really like the steel, it doesn't hold an edge long, but I sharpen it frequently. Love the assisted open and half serrated blade.
I also keep a small Swiss army knife on my keychain. The scissors and tweezers come in handy more than you would expect.
Ferg
Gibbs Rule. # 9
Cromagnum
AG
Big fan of my ZT Senkevich 0462

zooguy96
Gerber para something.

But, I never carry it as I work in a school.
GiveUsRoom94
Bench made
malenurse
AG
Did that in NYC when I realized you had to pass thru a metal detector before boarding the Statue of Liberty/Ellis Island boat.

Sauntered back into the ticket office and looked at all the pamphlets on the racks. Picked the dustiest one and placed my Ken Onion Kershaw in behind the last pamphlet.

When we got back 4 hours later, still there.
ElephantRider
AG
CentralTXag said:

I've done that (buried/hid a knife in a planter box) at the old AstroWorld on the bridge crossing over from parking.....and retrieved on the way back out

At a Rangers game a few years ago I forgot to leave my knife in the truck. They had people hold their phones up in the air when going through the metal detectors. I held the knife between my phone and hand and got through no problem
Coog97
Usually carry two... a relatively inexpensive assisted-open karambit and a Gerber Flatiron

AZAG08
AG
Coog97 said:

Usually carry two... a relatively inexpensive assisted-open karambit and a Gerber Flatiron

What do you find yourself using the flatiron for?
GrimesCoAg95
AG
Benchmade is my EDC now, but I carried a Case for years.
EFE
AG
Benchmade Bugout, stupid light and barely peaks out of your pocket at the clip
Coog97
AZAG08 said:

Coog97 said:

What do you find yourself using the flatiron for?
Cleaving, chopping, etc. but also everyday stuff. I eat a lot of sausage and cheese. Haha!
jtp01
AG
I use the flat iron for castrating bull calves. I bought it primarily for the blunt end so cutting only happens along the blade. Most calves are not as cooperative as you'd like while performing that task and I'd rather not cut /stab something inadvertently.
B-1 83
AG
Wooahhhh said:

Here. I used to have one with a small saw. It would cut PVC like hot butter.
Canyon99
In my pocket everyday of the week for the past 10 years except when flying. Never understood why a man walks around without a knife.

Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.